Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 962026 times)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #1410 on: August 24, 2012, 01:20:52 pm »

Why do you assume they die in one hit? The game even has an X-COM difficulty mode which supposedly makes it ballbreakingly hard. I haven't seen any videos lately but even if a video showed a muton getting oneshotted, this doesn't mean that they are now weaker but only that the game was most likely on a lower difficulty so everyone could pick&play the game without failing miserably in front of the crowd

Yeah, they specifically mentioned in one of the interviews that the muton getting taken out by a shotgun was done to show off the engine. An actual in-game muton probably wouldn't even get scratched by that low-tech of a gun.
And so yet again we are reminded why making assumptions about a game based on trailers or []con footage is a bad idea, not that it'll stop people from doing it. Demo clips tend to be played on low difficulties because making a game =/= being good at a game. They want to show off how it looks, not give people a chance to laugh at someone getting slaughtered over and over.

Holy shit I can't believe it, I had an opinion which I based from demo footage. How undeniably wrong of me to have an opinion based on existing information.

Fact: Mutons in demo all got killed by literally anything, hence to me they do not seem scary.
Fact: Old Mutons wore neon green full body spandex suits , to this day neon green full body spandex suits give me chills, were they worn by purple people I would be running away very fast.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: August 24, 2012, 01:24:54 pm »

Nothing wrong in getting a misinformed opinion from a demo/trailer. That's the fault of the demo or trailer.

I'm just giving you more correct information to ally that worry.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: August 24, 2012, 01:56:27 pm »

Why such a hostile reaction to a statement that was essentially me saying "Demo may not reflect actual content. Take with grain of salt."? You might want to stop putting words in my mouth, as well. I'm not saying you aren't allowed to have an opinion, I'm saying that you are basing it on something with little or no connection to the final product. If you go to a fortuneteller and take everything they say as the plain truth, that's your choice, but that doesn't mean that it is particularly wise or logical. Practically every post you've made has been incredibly defensive for no particular reason. At this point, I'm not sure if you're just looking for an excuse to start an argument, or if you're both incredibly insecure and antagonistic at the same time. In either case, I'm not particularly interested in giving you attention any more, so I'll leave it at this.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: August 25, 2012, 03:41:40 am »

HOT STUFF!

Firaxis and 2K will be streaming an hour of gameplay footage on Monday. They hinted it it was all new footage, so, I'm quite interested to see it.

More info here.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: August 25, 2012, 10:31:05 pm »

HOT STUFF!

Firaxis and 2K will be streaming an hour of gameplay footage on Monday. They hinted it it was all new footage, so, I'm quite interested to see it.

More info here.
Agh! I'll be at school, not an area conducive to streaming :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: August 26, 2012, 04:14:14 am »

HOT STUFF!

More info here.

Dude, what the hell, it's summer. Also, smartphones.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: August 26, 2012, 04:54:40 am »

Take a seat because I'm going to BLOW YOUR MIND! It's Winter in the Southern Hemisphere, crazy I know! You'd also find that not everywhere in the world follows the American school holiday dating system. MAD WORLD!
I'm sure you'll have to lie down now after those amazing mind blowing facts about the world. I know I did.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #1417 on: August 26, 2012, 05:11:18 am »

I'd appreciate it if the heated tone that has been building up in here over the last few pages would cool off.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: August 26, 2012, 06:51:11 am »

Take a seat because I'm going to BLOW YOUR MIND! It's Winter in the Southern Hemisphere, crazy I know! You'd also find that not everywhere in the world follows the American school holiday dating system. MAD WORLD!
I'm sure you'll have to lie down now after those amazing mind blowing facts about the world. I know I did.

Well, I'm not American, also, I didn't knew that the southern hemisphere follows a different "holiday dating system". I think it's perfectly normal for a person to find this strange, if he doesn't know about this.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: August 26, 2012, 09:50:39 am »

This is the X-Com thread and all, but theres only so much suspense there can be before it overflows into arguing, it seems.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: August 26, 2012, 11:22:31 am »

HOT STUFF!

More info here.

College, bro. Classes have been going for two weeks already.
And my "smartphone" can barely load YouTube videos. Streaming is beyond it's capabilities.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: August 26, 2012, 11:27:03 am »

Streaming more gameplay footage? Excellent. In the middle of a class? Bleh, I'll find it on YT after the fact.  :-\

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: August 26, 2012, 01:14:47 pm »

HOT STUFF!

More info here.

College, bro. Classes have been going for two weeks already.
And my "smartphone" can barely load YouTube videos. Streaming is beyond it's capabilities.

Weird, I'm in an university, which would be american equivalent of a college, yet the classes begin in the middle of september. I guess it's different everywhere.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: August 26, 2012, 01:57:50 pm »

Lol...

Wait until you guys have full time jobs. Then you'll really know the meaning of no free time.

Every time I see anything that says something is happening on a weekday I'm like... "well, guess I can't see that".

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: August 26, 2012, 02:11:47 pm »

Lol...

Wait until you guys have full time jobs. Then you'll really know the meaning of no free time.

Every time I see anything that says something is happening on a weekday I'm like... "well, guess I can't see that".

Lol....wait until you are in business for yourself. I have no idea what weekends or vacation are.
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 625