Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Weirdest weapons you have ever used?  (Read 5763 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weirdest weapons you have ever used?
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2012, 04:41:56 pm »

My own severed phallus.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2012, 05:31:14 pm »

snow
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2012, 08:33:12 pm »

Oh, I also took a guy's underwear and beat him to death with it.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2012, 05:22:44 am »

I went on a long adventure holding a bronze colossus finger in my off-hand. It was used to kill anyone wearing armour.
I guess you could say; they got fingered.  8) YEAAAH!

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2012, 09:00:30 pm »

I personally didn't use this, but when playing DF_08 I ended up meeting a cyclops. (40+ notable kills) and slaughters my adventurers each time with ease. what he slaughters them with? Goresplosion. With what? A rope reed fiber sock.  nothing notable about it, not artifact, just a sock which it probably plucked off of a guy he was fighting, and never let go. ever, getting probably 20+ kills with it because of his nigh instakill hits, every time, and freaking overkill speed, with a speed of 1000 (average) one turn for you is about 6 turns for it.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2012, 03:28:40 pm »

A sand lion once bit off my foot, so I ripped it from its jaws and smashed its skull open with the thing. One swing, one kill. It was probably lucky more than anything but it felt so right.

On odd weapons that saw more than one kill, I'm currently training my centaur in the use of his trumpet as a blunt instrument.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

sirinon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2012, 12:24:53 am »

The King's Severed Phallus , At first I tool to collecting King's and lord's phallus's ( My adventurer was a sicko )   then I decided I should use them as weapons !

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 08:40:13 am »

My first time attacking a keep, I managed to kill the Lady of the castle by sticking my crutch through her eye, killing her instantly.  Funny thing about that story: I only attacked them because one of companions randomly turned out to be hostile to the soldiers and I was trying to protect him.  So that was actually the nicest thing I've ever done in adventure mode :/
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Aleksander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2012, 11:46:22 pm »

Corpses. If you do it right you have a never-ending supply.
Dragons will add an additional dwarf to their size for every two years after that

I know what you meant, but I parsed this as "Dragons will eat a dwarf every two years". Which really, would be about the most dwarven pet you could get.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2012, 12:01:48 am »

Today I swam out into the ocean, and saw a school of herring.  I managed to grab two of them, and returned to land duel-wielding raw herring.  Not the most effective weapon, but very silly.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2012, 01:56:59 pm »

I fought with a Boulder.

Dkite11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2012, 02:26:43 pm »

I've used a elvish child's corpse when rampaging through an town. It was fun.
You have been Banished by Armok.
He grew Tired of Your Tiresome Victories, and so Shunned You to the Depths of the World.
Consider it Your New Lifes Work to Appease Armok in Your New Form, that He may Release You when You Sleep.

NarcissusIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2012, 03:07:58 pm »

Once, when I was but a wee lad adventurer, clearing out bandit camps for money, respect, and women. I and my 4 companions had killed all but a lone crossbowman. Advancing toward him, I got to about 3 steps away from him when he got a lucky shot in and shot me in the heart with a silver bolt, because apparently copper chainmail is actually butter. Knowing I had about five turns before all of my blood ended up outside my body, I ripped out the bolt, walked up to him, and stabbed him in the face with it, killing him. I then dropped the bolt, laid down on the ground, and waited patiently for death to claim me. Probably the greatest revenge kill I have ever had.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2012, 03:40:14 pm »

For some time, because I wanted to build my throwing skill, I chopped off peoples heads and threw them at others.  Not very odd, but it was the weirdest thing I've ever killed someone with.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2012, 05:40:37 pm »

Advancing toward him, I got to about 3 steps away from him when he got a lucky shot in and shot me in the heart with a silver bolt, because apparently copper chainmail is actually butter.

Erm...

Wouldn't a silver bolt be incredibly deadly? And steel mail would probably just chink and give way...

DEAD DEAD DEAD.

Nice revenge though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4