Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1327768 times)

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #2250 on: May 17, 2014, 02:02:41 am »

Never played it Kisame, but that is a badass illustration.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2251 on: May 17, 2014, 08:43:33 pm »

Oh man that bow, i recall my brother being impaled with those arrows many times while watching him curse loudly at Dark Souls. Excellently made!

also i tried giving wienerdragon some colour and shading

Those limbs are absolutely terrible. :I (also worth noting is that wienerdragon isn't much bigger than an average large dog)
I tried using pressure sensitive opacity for the shading, but in retrospect, it would probably have been easier for me not to, given that i'm used to a different way of shading.

ninjaedit: fixed those silly eyes n shit
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 08:50:47 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: May 17, 2014, 08:53:28 pm »

Those limbs are absolutely terrible.

The legs look like legs though. I fail to see the problem.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: May 17, 2014, 11:30:13 pm »

Yeah, actually, they look fine. Gotta throw some shoulder blades in on those forelimbs and I think you'll be set basically. That's the only weirdness I can think of.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: May 18, 2014, 02:13:38 am »

I seem to sense some misunderstanding. I did not draw that picture, I am using it as a reference to make the bow IRL. So far, I've estimated I'll need a 7'6" 2x6 board, 8-9 feet of rope, and some metal. Oh, and a shitton of blood, sweat and tears.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: May 18, 2014, 02:20:42 am »

I seem to sense some misunderstanding. I did not draw that picture, I am using it as a reference to make the bow IRL. So far, I've estimated I'll need a 7'6" 2x6 board, 8-9 feet of rope, and some metal. Oh, and a shitton of blood, sweat and tears.
Oh. Well holy shit, if you make it, we demand to see it. I'm not sure how you'll be using the board, exactly, but still. Hurry up and make it already!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: May 18, 2014, 02:23:27 am »

To beat myself with for having this idea. To make the actual bow itself. I'm probably not going to find a log in the proper shape, or else I'd use that, so, until I can either find the right tree, or log, I'll be making a test/cheap version.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: May 18, 2014, 02:29:42 am »

How do you plan on shaping it? A lathe? And of course, I don't imagine you plan on making it functional? I doubt most board wood would be able to flex much without breaking. Although, here is an interesting link for you: http://www.northendhardwoods.com/2010/09/quarter-sawn-vs-plain-sawn-vs-rift-sawn-lumber/

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: May 18, 2014, 02:32:33 am »

Shook, this is awesome! It's amazing how you used to be like 'I'm gonna draw funny and awesome stick figure stuff' and now you're like 'I'm gonna draw funny and awesome FANCY PANTS SHADED EVEN AWESOMER stuff'

And the whole time you maintained an unnervingly cheerful demeanor while encouraging and helping other people.

To beat myself with for having this idea. To make the actual bow itself. I'm probably not going to find a log in the proper shape, or else I'd use that, so, until I can either find the right tree, or log, I'll be making a test/cheap version.

Also: holy shit, good luck, and I really want to see how this turns out. I NEED PICTURES, PICTURES OF SPIDERMAN THAT BOW

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: May 18, 2014, 02:36:21 am »

Hence the "Test" part. And of course I plan on making it functional. I mean, why else would you make a giant, 7 foot tall bow? And most of the shaping is going to be done with a spokeshave. Probably the most annoying part is going to be getting the taper, because a seven and a half foot board isn't going to play nice on a bandsaw.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: May 18, 2014, 10:58:20 am »

I'm liking all the projects and things that are being worked on. Things had been a little quiet last week or so. I myself finished up all the human clothes I need for now, but I did realize that the male variants aren't really distinguishable. I'll go back and add a hood or the like soon enough.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2261 on: May 19, 2014, 02:48:28 pm »

Phone won't do any fancier.

Edit: That's what I get for posting from my phone late at night.

Th4DwArfy1's new avatar reminded me that Mat's pretty cool guy, so I did a figurine vaguely inspired by him. The paint job's not quite done yet.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 11:38:04 pm by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2263 on: May 21, 2014, 08:20:36 am »

I finished the paint job and took a bunch of nicer photos. Far too lazy to hotlink them all.

Of note, his leg is too skinny and he's holding that staff funny (his hand should be wrapping the other way). His face is hideous, but I blame that on the fact that it's about the size of my thumbnail. :u

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2264 on: May 21, 2014, 06:33:26 pm »

Those limbs are absolutely terrible.

The legs look like legs though. I fail to see the problem.
The problem is that i am not satisfied with those blotches of colour. :C

Yeah, actually, they look fine. Gotta throw some shoulder blades in on those forelimbs and I think you'll be set basically. That's the only weirdness I can think of.
SHOULDER BLADES. Oh man, i have no fucking idea of how to draw those on animals of any kind, but food for further studying. :v

Shook, this is awesome! It's amazing how you used to be like 'I'm gonna draw funny and awesome stick figure stuff' and now you're like 'I'm gonna draw funny and awesome FANCY PANTS SHADED EVEN AWESOMER stuff'

And the whole time you maintained an unnervingly cheerful demeanor while encouraging and helping other people.
[good feels intensify]
First of all THANK YOU. Secondly, i... Am really not sure what to say. I wouldn't ever have thought that i'd get to this point with art, and i still have a hard time believing that it's actually me doing these things, and not just some freak chance when i wave the pen around. The number of coincidences is starting to be too big for mere chance, but i still refuse to explicitly label myself as being good or better than anyone else. :I

Also, being cheerful and unnerving are two of the things i will say that i'm pretty good at. :U

also also i shat out a super quick background and a few more details for wienerdragon

Spoiler: marfmurf (click to show/hide)

the forest is super ugly but i'm past caring about that

Edit: Also extra love for Arx because i rudely bumped up a new page.

I finished the paint job and took a bunch of nicer photos. Far too lazy to hotlink them all.

Of note, his leg is too skinny and he's holding that staff funny (his hand should be wrapping the other way). His face is hideous, but I blame that on the fact that it's about the size of my thumbnail. :u
IT IS PRETTY NEAT, MIND YOU.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 06:36:59 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 846