Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839066 times)

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #9060 on: February 09, 2013, 02:42:17 pm »

Had my first encounter with Metalwraiths, they killed my entire starting seven without breaking a sweat, are multiple wraiths supposed to spawn at once? I got three and that was way too many.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9061 on: February 09, 2013, 06:08:58 pm »

I've nearly always had two at once, they were quite tough initially. Even though I embarked with a legion dwarf with copper battle axe and buckler nearly all the blows glanced off the wraith, but with 15 pages of combat it was useful for skilling up.

I've built the Brewery but sometimes it just makes barrels/pots of 'Drinks' which don't seem to respect the food stockpile options and just get dumped in all food stockpiles. Just noticed as there was a drinking session around my seed stockpile and another around my dye stockpile. Also I guess that the dwarf won't get a happy thought from having their favourite drink even though it would have been made with correct ingredients. I don't think it's doing it every time as I just tried with several different plants and they all made the correct drink type.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9062 on: February 10, 2013, 12:34:39 am »

There are a bit of funny things about Shadowleaf; it has both above and below ground biomes and it looks like I can plant it in either place, and its seed is a "spawn", but it also has an extracted glob whose name in stockpiles is "shadowleaf seed".

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9063 on: February 10, 2013, 08:12:51 am »

Question -I noticed some similarities between genesis reborn and this.does this have the same stuff as well as your own?because I recall somewhere thecreator of genesis giving u permission to butcheer his mod
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9064 on: February 10, 2013, 08:27:44 am »

@Panopticon: Usually its 2 wraiths, but can be 1 or 3 or 4 as well. I dont get that much feedback about them, I guess because most people simply turn it off.

@Torgan: The generic drinks shouldnt happen anymore... do you know which plants produce it?

@Smake: Thanks, should be only underground.

@McLaptop: The only thing I got from Genesis Reborn is the Shadowleaf/Bitteroot, for testing the coating system. But deon allowed me to use Genesis from the very start of this mod. Its the reason I started modding :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9065 on: February 10, 2013, 08:30:07 am »

@Panopticon: Usually its 2 wraiths, but can be 1 or 3 or 4 as well. I dont get that much feedback about them, I guess because most people simply turn it off.

How does one turn it off (manual doesn't work on OSX.)?
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9066 on: February 10, 2013, 09:40:41 am »

Harder mining. But what do you mean it doesnt work? Its an htm file, its impossible that it doesnt work on mac.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nice Save

• Bay Watcher
  • Suddenly:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9067 on: February 10, 2013, 10:02:46 am »

When you strike a metalwraith rock, sometimes bodyparts elsewhere in the fortress turn into metalwraiths too. The same thing happens with Treants and Spitting Orchids. On my current reclaim I have around 120 treants and spitting orchids, most of them in places where they are of limited use. Is there any way to move them somewhere else or failing that get rid of them?

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9068 on: February 10, 2013, 10:04:09 am »

Harder mining. But what do you mean it doesnt work? Its an htm file, its impossible that it doesnt work on mac.

Maybe I just can't find it. It's labeled Manual.html, right? I can't open it. Sorry. Computeriliterate I guess.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9069 on: February 10, 2013, 10:32:55 am »

@Nice Save: Yeah, thats a problem that shouldnt happen. I think the extravision allows them to see through walls an transform all bodyparts in the vicinity, not just the ones in line of sight. I have to find a way to fix that ^^

@Gotdamnmiracle: Use your browser, every internetbrowser can open it.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9070 on: February 10, 2013, 10:41:34 am »

Again, and i will keep hammering this into peoples heads: If you have harder mining on, one military dwarf with iron armour and at least iron weapon got to be in your starting party. The risk of hitting rock/metalwraiths is otherwise too high and deadly. And now, lets get back to testing.... I have another fort now, testing some concepts and crazy shit, lets see what i can break in the mod ;)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9071 on: February 10, 2013, 11:00:04 am »

@Nice Save: Yeah, thats a problem that shouldnt happen. I think the extravision allows them to see through walls an transform all bodyparts in the vicinity, not just the ones in line of sight. I have to find a way to fix that ^^

@Gotdamnmiracle: Use your browser, every internetbrowser can open it.

Safari just opens a blank page.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9072 on: February 10, 2013, 11:09:37 am »

Try MasterworkDwarfFortress\repository\index.htm or home.htm... maybe those work for you, when opened directly. Otherwise each page is in this folder... the titles are quite selfexplanatory.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9073 on: February 10, 2013, 11:15:56 am »

Try MasterworkDwarfFortress\repository\index.htm or home.htm... maybe those work for you, when opened directly. Otherwise each page is in this folder... the titles are quite selfexplanatory.

Where are those located?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9074 on: February 10, 2013, 11:27:47 am »

I hope you are joking, because I just posted where they are.
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 749