Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839065 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #9045 on: February 08, 2013, 11:41:56 pm »

Did you turn sound on in the options, and downloaded the 200mb soundpack needed for soundsense ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

shovelmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9046 on: February 09, 2013, 12:11:51 am »

I've been noticing something strange with brewing, or maybe I'm just doing it wrong. I use the vanilla brew drink reaction which brews just fine, however, vanilla beverages do not list in my kitchen inventory screen. ie, Strawberry Wine, Dwarven Ale, Prickleberry Wine will not list. Your new beverages do show up in the kitchen inventory, ie Nectarine Brandy, Persimmon Wine, White Wine, etc...

The vanilla beverages are being brewed, I can find them in their barrels, they just do not list in the kitchen inventory screen.
Reach out and crush someone!

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9047 on: February 09, 2013, 12:21:07 am »

i believe meph made it so you have to use large pots to brew in the still and barrels for the brewery
you can't mod a reaction to put 25drinks in a single barrel but i guess you can with large pots
but go for the brewery for it uses 2 barrels but gives you 6 drinks per plant, 30 drinks per stack (ie: 15 drinks in two barrels from one reaction of 5 plants)

or have a stockpile of only one type of plant to give to the still :p
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

shovelmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9048 on: February 09, 2013, 12:29:24 am »

The issue isn't with them being brewed or stored, they do both just fine. Vanilla beverages just won't show up in the kitchen inventory, ie the screen where you can toggle brew / cook (in case I'm calling it the wrong thing).

I just did a test embark where I only brought plump helmets, brewed them into dwarven wine, they brewed and stored just fine. But they simply don't show up in the inventory screen. If I "k" over the barrels I can find the dwarven wine barrel, with 25 units in it, but no luck on the inventory screen. A I mentioned before this is only with vanilla beverags, none of them seem to appear in the inventory. All of the new beverages appear just fine.

EDIT -- This situation is the same whether using the still or the brewery.

MAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Marcus Aurelius Let's Play
« Reply #9049 on: February 09, 2013, 12:34:38 am »

Sorry Meph, I know my last post was long, but I also asked about your Isoworld shots that had icons for your fort and the mountainhomes, but mine only shows human towns. I was wondering if you edited that or if you just have a different version of Isoworld?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:36:21 am by MAurelius »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9050 on: February 09, 2013, 12:45:55 am »

The issue isn't with them being brewed or stored, they do both just fine. Vanilla beverages just won't show up in the kitchen inventory, ie the screen where you can toggle brew / cook (in case I'm calling it the wrong thing).

You can't use normal Dwarven Wine as a cooking ingredient, so it doesn't appear there.  Whereas you can cook with (for example) Orcish Tuber Vodka. 

shovelmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9051 on: February 09, 2013, 12:48:40 am »

You can't use normal Dwarven Wine as a cooking ingredient, so it doesn't appear there.  Whereas you can cook with (for example) Orcish Tuber Vodka.

That makes sense, I guess. So then I'm assuming you can't cook anymore with any of the vanilla beverages?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9052 on: February 09, 2013, 01:00:50 am »

I assume so since you didn't see them all? but I only checked plump helmets :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9053 on: February 09, 2013, 01:06:00 am »

Boozecooking has been removed before I even released the mod for download ^^ It is a feature.

@MAurelius: sry, forgot about that one: Its simple Paint. I opened LegendsViewer and checked where the mountainhomes are, and where the fortress is, and simply copied the fortress icon into it. I wish isoworld would show more...
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9054 on: February 09, 2013, 05:23:32 am »

I have a library question. I have found several books from fossils/chests I have mined out, I've built one of each type of library but all options are red. I have a tome of cooking and farming, and three masterpiece named books (War & Peace, Trebuchet I and The Last Stand).

They are stockpiled in a bin now but even before they were stockpiled they were sitting in the workshop as I hadn't built a finished good stockpile at that point and they still weren't available to use. So I don't think it's an issue with them being tasked to be moved. They are all listed under tools in the stockpile screen so that looks correct.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9055 on: February 09, 2013, 06:54:09 am »

I tried to download it to my windows laptop but it is a .rar file I cant open ....wadda I do?
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9056 on: February 09, 2013, 07:30:53 am »

You still next textbooks to study. :)

@mclaptop: download winrar or 7zip and unpack them. rar is similar to zip, just with better compression.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9057 on: February 09, 2013, 08:40:44 am »

Cheers for the library help, I did have a look at the manual but it doesn't mention them. Also massive thumbs up for doing the new manual, I did use the old one but this one is even better and I <3 the Warcraft icons used for everything.

Found a tiny wee bug that baby drakes in Phoebus tileset are just a black square.

Warlocks still make me cry. My legion dwarf milita commander, (legendary shield from a relic platinum essence, and legendary armour and axe from two years training), just got killed by a couple of warlock thieves, there wasn't even a combat report to explain what happened but I assume he got hit from behind if he didn't block. Lost another legion dwarf to paralysis suffocation from a Myconid in cavern 2 last season. Not complaining, just moaning. I need to be more careful!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9058 on: February 09, 2013, 11:54:57 am »

I tried to download it to my windows laptop but it is a .rar file I cant open ....wadda I do?
For the future you should know that every file type ever is explained somewhere online. Most are on wikipedia. Look things up for yourself before you ask.

shovelmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9059 on: February 09, 2013, 12:33:23 pm »

Boozecooking has been removed before I even released the mod for download ^^ It is a feature.

@MAurelius: sry, forgot about that one: Its simple Paint. I opened LegendsViewer and checked where the mountainhomes are, and where the fortress is, and simply copied the fortress icon into it. I wish isoworld would show more...

Been over a year since I played so I guess I didn't know about that one, or I was imagining things! Thanks for the quick answer and great mod, I'm enjoying it immensely!
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 749