Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839028 times)

alonard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8955 on: February 04, 2013, 02:11:16 pm »

actually the golems that you get from trade or migration are considered pets so they have no family and cant be adopted as far as i know so don't be afraid to throw him into the fray with the mastiffs as you wont have tantrums from him dieing (tho it might lead to normal dorfs dieing if he is your last line of defense).

but of course i might be wrong in all of this (which would totally suck as they are usually my first line of defense :D) so don't listen to my advise alone.

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8956 on: February 04, 2013, 02:13:59 pm »

Btw, how wide is "too wide for fire to cross"? I wasn't paying attention to how the fire spread, but my map is divided by a river and both sides gone up in flames, so at least 4wide?
AFAIK a one tile wide floor should be enough to stop fire on the ground, as burning grass/moss would only spread to the eight adjacent tiles
fire attacks however can have quite a range, up to ten tiles maybe?
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

MAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Marcus Aurelius Let's Play
« Reply #8957 on: February 04, 2013, 02:38:29 pm »

actually the golems that you get from trade or migration are considered pets so they have no family and cant be adopted as far as i know so don't be afraid to throw him into the fray with the mastiffs as you wont have tantrums from him dieing (tho it might lead to normal dorfs dieing if he is your last line of defense).

but of course i might be wrong in all of this (which would totally suck as they are usually my first line of defense :D) so don't listen to my advise alone.

Ah, he had a name so I just assumed he was "adopted" by someone. I didn't think to actually check who in the animals screen. Thanks. I guess it wouldn't make sense to say "A stray prototype hammer golem".

tj333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8958 on: February 04, 2013, 02:40:39 pm »

I have never seen a fire cross a channeled line or a paved road. I use those to break my maps up for fire safety.

Nice Save

• Bay Watcher
  • Suddenly:
    • View Profile
« Reply #8959 on: February 04, 2013, 03:05:09 pm »

A exploit-y way to stop fire is to set farm plots to be built in the way. Even if your dwarves do not build them, after a short time all the grass will disappear from under the in-progress farm plots. Then you can cancel them.

Spectrelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8960 on: February 04, 2013, 05:21:27 pm »

I'm very impressed by this mod, but I have a question: how do stone, glass and gem weapons and armor compare to those made of metal? Are they worth using, or are they just for fun?

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8961 on: February 04, 2013, 08:09:44 pm »

Gem edged weapons perform well if you don't have steel or better yet, they are good for setting up a military.
From the raws they appear to be about equal to Meteoric and Rusty Steel for edged weapons.
I have not tried any of the others.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8962 on: February 04, 2013, 08:15:20 pm »

According to Meph's notes in the raws, the special glass items from the Glassforge are like this

// -20% as good as iron.
[INORGANIC:GLASS_GREEN_WAR]

// iron grade
[INORGANIC:GLASS_CLEAR_WAR]

// -20% as good as steel.
[INORGANIC:GLASS_CRYSTAL_WAR]

Note this is different from Glass trap components made at the vanilla glass furnace.  Those just have stats of regular glass.

At a quick look it seems Gem weapons are about the same as crystal war-glass EXCEPT for the important difference that [INORGANIC:GEMTIP] has a "max edge" less than the magic number of 10,000.  So it wouldn't be ideal for axe or sword.  Should be good for breastplates.

Stone weapons are pretty bad.

I've used both gem and stonetip bolts and they work well enough.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 08:25:44 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8963 on: February 04, 2013, 08:55:45 pm »

I just wanted to post this. I saw that Deon added a poison-gland extra-butchery-item to his creatures and then extracts poison from them. So this way you can farm poison, but only if you kill the creature.

If you add [MILKABLE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON:20000] to all creatures with [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:POISON:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE] then you can just milk it from them. The dwarf will just take the animal and a bucket, produces a bucket full of poison. No worries, dwarves wont drink it... it can be used like any other poison in reactions to cover weapons, ammo or traps.

I tested this and it works with the toxicist, so I guess the next version of the mod will allow you to farm snakes, giant spiders, giant scorpions and so forth for their venoms/poisons.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8964 on: February 04, 2013, 09:02:21 pm »

That's pretty awesome.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8965 on: February 04, 2013, 10:12:50 pm »

#golfclap
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8966 on: February 04, 2013, 10:19:12 pm »

The gesture known as a "golf clap" fits in with a number of other rude or sarcastic expressions, such as the slow clap, Bronx cheer, raspberry or cat call. It is performed by lightly tapping the fingertips of one hand against the palm of the other hand, thereby creating the effect of spectators clapping silently during a golf game. This gesture is usually considered a form of sarcasm, delivered after a disastrous moment or embarrassing incident has just occurred.
(i never heard the word before, so I googled it.. and why a hashtag?)

:o
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8967 on: February 05, 2013, 02:48:28 am »

@tahujdt - yea, why the sarcasm?? farming poisons is badass! =D

@meph - so what's your target changelog for the next version? are we going to see an improved/reliable spawning/transformation mechanic?
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8968 on: February 05, 2013, 03:28:50 am »

I need dfhack r3 for that... no idea when they finally release... 2-3 weeks ago I was told in 2-3 weeks ^^ But other then that, I havent startet modding on the next version, no idea what I will add... but just as a teaser: It will involve soundsense ;)

krko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8969 on: February 05, 2013, 04:40:51 am »

@tahujdt - yea, why the sarcasm?? farming poisons is badass! =D

See the second definition:
Originally, "golf clap" was used to mean a sarcastic applause, for example the kind of applause that is given when someone drops their food tray in a cafeteria. However, it is increasingly being used to mean a sincere show of appreciation, especially on FARK.COM.
(I have never heard of FARK but I've always thought of golf clap as sincere)
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 749