Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839027 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8985 on: February 05, 2013, 05:32:22 pm »

Well, it shouldnt. You turn the kobold button OFF, gen a new world, and stone should be normal again. Was I right, was the line in material_template_default.txt  wrong?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fobeeyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8986 on: February 05, 2013, 05:34:26 pm »

The kobold button is off but I never made a new world, I will go do that and see if it fixes the problem

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8987 on: February 05, 2013, 05:37:50 pm »

It will fix the problem.  8)
You can only play one race per world. Maybe I should mention this somewhere ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fobeeyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8988 on: February 05, 2013, 05:53:23 pm »

I was not aware of the one race per world, I decided that kobolds were not industrious enough for me, and decided to go back to my safe feeling steel-entombed dwarves.  I strongly prefur being able to make stuff, like the golems. Thanks for the help

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8989 on: February 05, 2013, 06:16:39 pm »

Two questions:

A) Where do I input my preferred color scheme? Can I just grab one of the already existing files and just set my preferred values innit?

B) For some reason, MasterworkDF is very stretched horizontaly - how can I fix that? I would greatly prefer playing in the 640x480, as always...

C) What does 'Simple xxx' mean? I don't understand the concept, especialy for less important things like 'simple toys'.

Speaking of toys - you have a small typo, the button says 'simply toys' ;)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 06:22:11 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8990 on: February 05, 2013, 06:23:07 pm »

A GUI to enable/disable 90% of the mod

I'll admit that there is some stuff in Masterwork that make it tempting for me. But there's a lot of stuff I don't care for. It is nice to see you have a GUI to enable/disable. But... The OP does not make it clear which parts of the mod are optional and which parts are installed, regardless of user preference.

So, could you please give a list of what is installed without user choice (or point to where I can find it)?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8991 on: February 05, 2013, 06:32:55 pm »

@Thundercraft: The mod is... maybe 4 times as big as the normal game. Writing the manual took 70h or so, download and have a look at it, to see which parts can be toggled. It would be way, way too long for the frontpage.

@haspen: Yep, just copy/replace the color.txt in the data/init folder. The GUI wont override it, if you dont press the button to choose a new one. You can just copy your new color scheme... the GUI wont recognize it of course, but that wont matter.

The simple works in two ways:
1. removal of items. For example I deleted 70% of the gems, because its always the very same thing, just with a different name.
2. Standardizing. For example instead of "oak wood" and "willow wood" and "pine wood" you only get "wood". This results in way shorter buildmaterial lists. Same for the toys: Instead of several toy types/names, you only have one toy, called toy. So your nobles will demand a "iron toy" instead of "iron mini.forge" or whatever. Hope that clears it up a bit.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8992 on: February 05, 2013, 06:38:57 pm »

Thanks, now it's more clear. So if I want vanilla items I just turn the 'simple' buttons to NO, right?

Also, with some plain ol' init.txt digging, I made the window more bearable.

Thanks for help with other stuff :)
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8993 on: February 05, 2013, 06:41:29 pm »

the window more bearable.

What do you mean by this ? If there is something unbearable about the mod, please tell. If I dont know about it I cant improve it ^^

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8994 on: February 05, 2013, 06:42:05 pm »

Also: It's over 9000.

(sorry, had to be done)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8995 on: February 05, 2013, 06:45:57 pm »

the window more bearable.

What do you mean by this ? If there is something unbearable about the mod, please tell. If I dont know about it I cant improve it ^^

I believe Masterwork is optimized for widescreen, thus it puts DF window at 1200x600.

For comparison, my monitor is using 1024x768. But no worries; I've just set the font-thing to curses_640x300, and the window is back to my fave dimensions.

However I thought I would be able to affect screen size from, well, Masterwork settings window, instead of delving into the files :P

I've also noticed that Masterwork DF loads at least five times slower than vanilla DF. Necessary evil, I guess?
SigFlags!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8996 on: February 05, 2013, 06:52:35 pm »

You mean at startup ? Thats dfhack, not the mod. :P

But yeah, I dont know anything about window size, its set to fullscreen by default. Never thought about it.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8997 on: February 05, 2013, 06:54:11 pm »

You mean at startup ? Thats dfhack, not the mod. :P

Oooh, only now noticed that there's some utilities in there xD

Never played with any utilities, though. Are they required? o:
SigFlags!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8998 on: February 05, 2013, 07:12:37 pm »

Well, not really. Therapist is useful, and dfhack is needed for steam engine and toxicist and runesmith. But you dont have to do anything, all automatically and in the background. You just have to keep dfhack open. Apart from that nothing.

embark everywhere and the plugins by falconne are awesome though, they make fortress management easier. See the manual for infos an what they do. You wont be disappointed. :)

Puddingkuchen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8999 on: February 05, 2013, 07:26:44 pm »

Soap Maker's Workshop
Make a stack of 10 Soap(Tallow): Dwarf gathers the materials and works sometime and no soap is beeing produced.

Drow Toys still have bloodsteel golem hearts (can't use them for the forge).

The room-list hotkey is still in and spams dfhack full with "not a recognized command".

Transformation Messages off still gives Wraith transformation boxes.

and Olivine Wraith Stone has the wrong tile.
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 749