Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836735 times)

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - HTML-MANUAL (Alpha)
« Reply #6105 on: August 06, 2012, 11:13:58 pm »

You know what would be awesome?
Sacrificing babies to Armok.

Can just imagine making babygolems.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: August 07, 2012, 03:46:26 am »

Only at bay12 is that an acceptable thing to say :D

Edrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: August 07, 2012, 04:12:31 am »

There is a very annoying problem with the magmamancers: they tend to die very, very often. It seems that, if they are immune to fire, they are not immune to hot things. It does not always appear in the combat log, but my last dwarf, just after having killed a drider, was “caught in a burst of boiling swamp whiskey”. Seems like they should use only fire safe material flasks and backpacks, and/or find some way to immunize them completely against any kind of heat, not only fire (which is kind of weird, as fire's only danger is heat…). As they are, they are pretty useless, except to generate small amounts of fun (or bigger, if you use one in a squad of non-magmamancers).

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6108 on: August 07, 2012, 05:53:10 am »

You should use them as you use ranged squads: from atop a battlement, or behind fortifications. They should NOT walk on the actual battlefield at all. Take a look at the succasseion game, there the magmamancer is the third most useful military asset, works like a charm.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: August 07, 2012, 09:18:35 am »

I've made a golem out of a baby in the past. Never did get to test babygolem shield. Just have a mother carry her baby into the reaction and see what happens.

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6110 on: August 07, 2012, 09:28:54 am »

You should use them as you use ranged squads: from atop a battlement, or behind fortifications. They should NOT walk on the actual battlefield at all. Take a look at the succasseion game, there the magmamancer is the third most useful military asset, works like a charm.
I had a squad of 6 magmamancers in a tower with a 1x1 internal stair surrounded by walls.  The fighting platform is 5x5 internally, 7x7 with fortifications.  A bad guy went underneath the lip were he couldn't be hit.  I sent the squad down the stairs and one of them freaked out.  The blast killed 2 magmamancers and wounded 2 others.  OUCH!
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6111 on: August 07, 2012, 11:09:41 am »

Got anyone the same problem with the thatchery? The dwarfs dont haul the wicker-bales to the stockpile(all enabled). or is it only my game? ???

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6112 on: August 07, 2012, 12:44:18 pm »

Got anyone the same problem with the thatchery? The dwarfs dont haul the wicker-bales to the stockpile(all enabled). or is it only my game? ???
I have that problem and Also the bins(baskets) stay in the shop until used.
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: August 07, 2012, 02:11:56 pm »

I think adding learning reactions for the mages, so that they can learn extra spells, or adding upgrades to turrets, additional barrels, to raise firerate and targetnumber would be a great idea.

"Magmamancer has learned firebreath" => new interaction, works like flamethrower.
"Magmamancer has learned fireball" => new interaction, works like fire-imps fireball.
"Magmamancer has learned to hate cats" => new interaction, randomly combusts cats. It will be fun :)

Oh, cool, that's how I'm trying to do my Orcs' Dreamwalkers too, so I'm interested to see how you do it (better, no doubt, particular with respect to cats i see).  ... They'll only have a couple weak spells domestically, but will get better ones over time as  longboats pillage artifacts from foreign lands.  I also am playing around with one where you can give a guy "greek fire" grenade canisters for about a week. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6114 on: August 07, 2012, 04:16:26 pm »

Sorry if I am bothering,

but Plump Helmets do not exist anymore for some reason. They do not show up in embark, etc.

What other plants can I use to distill booze?
I need to put something interesting here.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: August 07, 2012, 04:24:58 pm »

Sorry if I am bothering,

but Plump Helmets do not exist anymore for some reason. They do not show up in embark, etc.

What other plants can I use to distill booze?

Almost anything
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Alcohol
for more info

Have you regularly not had Plump Helmets over the course of several embarks?  It is certainly possible to not have a particular plant on occasion, but it should be rare for Plump helmets.  Do you use the Masterwork Advanced world gen parameters, or your own Advanced parameters, or the regular Create New World?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6116 on: August 07, 2012, 04:46:39 pm »

This is a vanilla DF feature. If the first cavern has no water at the place your home-civ lives, then there will be no underground plants, therefore no plump helmet seeds at embark or from caravans. It has nothing to do with the mod.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6117 on: August 07, 2012, 04:52:35 pm »

i actually enjoy having forts without plump helmets and muck roots, makes suppling the fort with food much more challenging. Should be a feature of "harder farming", removing all the "ready to eat" plants or altering them in a way they need processing before being eaten

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6118 on: August 07, 2012, 04:56:41 pm »

i actually enjoy having forts without plump helmets and muck roots, makes suppling the fort with food much more challenging. Should be a feature of "harder farming", removing all the "ready to eat" plants or altering them in a way they need processing before being eaten

That'd actually be a good change to the 'harder' farming option. Making plump helmet reactions, where it produces something along the lines of a "Plump Paste" or otherwise would be neat. It's extremely easy to never starve to death if you make a 5x5 farm. Atleast requiring more steps to go from farm->eating [with associated happiness/value increases] would make it less gamey and simple.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 05:00:43 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6119 on: August 07, 2012, 04:58:45 pm »

More interesting farming and trees and so forth is planned. I noticed that when I made the manual. By now I added all the plants,and there is not really any system behind them. I want to change a lot... but have to check first if good/evil/savage also applies to underground biomes.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 749