Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837031 times)

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - NEW POLL / Orc Plugin
« Reply #5925 on: July 28, 2012, 06:23:44 am »

Question: How can i transport creatures to the Trading depo with the cage? Because whenever i do that the dwarves let out the creature.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 06:32:12 am by firons2 »

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: July 28, 2012, 06:34:15 am »

Firons - you can't sell a caged creature. It is a hardcoded thing - you will always release a creature. Ask Toady for fixing this:) To see if you can tame cave beetle - just go to its raw and see if it has a PET tag.
About things from water - there are two ways. First - a cheaty DFhackish way - either cast water around it with obsidian and then make it water 1 or 0 inside and make a down rump there. Or just drwain all water form there so that dwarfes can take items before it fills up again. Non cheaty variant - caveins or building magma pipe to obsidianize it yourself. But cheaty variant let's you do it before those things rot:)

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: July 28, 2012, 06:38:59 am »

Firons - you can't sell a caged creature. It is a hardcoded thing - you will always release a creature. Ask Toady for fixing this:) To see if you can tame cave beetle - just go to its raw and see if it has a PET tag.
About things from water - there are two ways. First - a cheaty DFhackish way - either cast water around it with obsidian and then make it water 1 or 0 inside and make a down rump there. Or just drwain all water form there so that dwarfes can take items before it fills up again. Non cheaty variant - caveins or building magma pipe to obsidianize it yourself. But cheaty variant let's you do it before those things rot:)
Caveins tried was epic failtrain, magma 100 years until i get to that. I like advancing slow and steady.

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: July 28, 2012, 06:59:59 am »

Motivation to help me get the riches out of the water:

If you do not help me find a way to get those items from the pond a baby alpaca will DIE. Yes there is a caged baby alpaca in there. Do you want for it to die? Well do ya?

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: July 28, 2012, 07:06:10 am »

Now if we just could get some kind of a ghost vacuum cleaner or a totem-like ghost attractor.. hinthint ;)

Yes there is a caged baby alpaca in there. Do you want for it to die? Well do ya?
Don't worry, the carps will save it.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: July 28, 2012, 07:09:07 am »

Itll suffocate before that. Dont be a bastard for every saved baby alpaca a 1000 elf souls are used to power my runic weaponry

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: July 28, 2012, 09:04:17 am »

I wonder if turrets and landmines could be made in adventure mode?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: July 28, 2012, 09:08:10 am »

Why do dwarves and other fortress occupants start hanging around a restraint when i build it

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: July 28, 2012, 10:41:50 am »

Another stupid question: how do I get slade bars? The great magma forge was quite a letdown, producing boulders and all. Bullet turrets are quite weak, especially against armored enemies, I wanted to craft a few slade turrets.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

oliverosky95

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: July 28, 2012, 10:59:05 am »

hi, meph.

I was trying to make a new reaction to my dogs wear mithril armor. but does not work.

here is the reaction to make the mithril armor cast

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and here is the raw of the armored dog

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My question is :why this reaction does not shown in the workshop ?

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: July 28, 2012, 11:06:55 am »

Another stupid question: how do I get slade bars? The great magma forge was quite a letdown, producing boulders and all. Bullet turrets are quite weak, especially against armored enemies, I wanted to craft a few slade turrets.

Look at the arc furnace ;)

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: July 28, 2012, 12:18:54 pm »

well did you put that reaction for armored dog in the entity? Stupid question of course by "devil hides in small details":) (another russian proverb:) ). Also for this dog to work you'll also need to make a boulder of boiling stone with needed transformation:).
About water and alpaca in a cage - inside cages are small compound PARALLEL DIMENSIONS - meaning even if you got 500 alpacas in 1 cage and it's in magma - everything will be fine (if cage is magma proof of course). The last non-cheaty way to get it all out - build water pumps near it and pump water from there. It won't dry all the river BUT you can make a square or two almost dry (with 1-2 water which is enough) for a long time. This will let your dwarf to get down there and taeke that goods out of there.

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: July 28, 2012, 12:24:16 pm »

Suggestion time!

Suggestion for what i could use 2 angry trolls in cages?

Tell your suggestion!

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: July 28, 2012, 12:33:23 pm »

Look at the arc furnace ;)

That reaction's also red. Meh, I guess slade (stone) and slade (metal) still have no connection. Would have been sweet.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: July 28, 2012, 12:54:15 pm »

I was perfectly able to grind it into powder and then smelting it into bars... Burrows, Stockpiles, Bags?
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 749