Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837972 times)

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #5220 on: June 22, 2012, 01:33:55 pm »

I just gained some slade armor and warhammer of armok.
Is this better then steel?

Srial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: June 22, 2012, 01:44:39 pm »

Slade is much better protection than steel, but also much heavier.   Your dwarves may trundle until they have a lot of skill in armor use, then it's less noticable.

There's a metal guide in the masterworks guides folder that will help answer questions like this.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: June 22, 2012, 01:47:40 pm »

oh, oke

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5223 on: June 22, 2012, 01:54:51 pm »

Will this mean that the next-gen masterwork will start out with just a few features, and one-by-one add and extensively test the stuff we're having in the current generation? In that case, maybe we'd want to make a prioritized list?

It will start out almost as full as the one you are used to. Just more balanced, without crashes/bugs (ha, as if I could pull that of ;) ) and with settings that allow a complete revert back to vanilla (I have high hopes that I can pull that of) and FPS-only settings. Some things will be killed/changed in the process, but not much in total.

On that note: Zenerbufen, could you please send me whatever you have on the new GUI ? I just want to have a look how the Python Code is build, since I never used Python, and wrote my GUI in Visual Basics, which is closer to C.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 02:04:53 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: June 22, 2012, 02:12:18 pm »

Hey Meph, could I use a couple of your fantasy creatures in my creature deluxe mod? Saves me the trouble of having to remake some of the more basic fantasy creatures not found in vanilla.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: June 22, 2012, 02:17:01 pm »

-bla bla snip-

What i want to point out is this part:

What is this supposed to mean and how did it happen?

That would be the impact with the environment after being propelled away by the bullet. It's a little bit broken I believe in description. Judging by the fact that the human seige had firearms, I'm guessing your three dwarves got slaughtered, yes?
Actually they killed each and every one of the humans, since those thought bringing 10 Bullets each was enough. Barely any of those hit my dwarves, most of those that did connect were either blocked or deflected by armor. Welded mithril is pretty damn hard to pierce. I think the part about being propelled away is due to the extremely low weight of the full armor set ( and by full I mean every single piece in the forges armor menu plus padded silver clothing ;)). The most dangerous one who killed most of the humans was my militia commander, who walked out there on a crutch. He tore them apart, until he got a hard hit on his arm and dropped his crutch. All the dwarves and all but 1 golem survived the attack, none of the dwarves had mayor injuries.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5226 on: June 22, 2012, 02:26:19 pm »

Interesting report. But then again welded mithril IS quite good.

@roses: Yes, you can, but check the raws for each, because I have custom material templates/tissue templates that might be missing in your DF version.

Superrandom offtopic: I want this.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: June 22, 2012, 02:36:54 pm »

Hey, its going to be a bit of a hassle combining some of the fantasy creatures from several different mods, making sure I have all the materials/tissues/body templates and then making them all be balanced, but I think it will work out. If it ends up being to much work I may just have to make the creatures myself.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: June 22, 2012, 03:03:30 pm »

Superrandom offtopic: I want this.

What?
A Darth Vader Golem?
Whoo, First, Make a Dwarf a Cyborg.
Second, Make a Gaint badass Golem with a hole for Darth Dwarf to enter and a Battery for his electricity fist.
Also make a power station for him to load up and some badass lazor swords.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5229 on: June 22, 2012, 03:37:08 pm »

Sorry, but that is not a golem, but a StarWars, Warhammer 40k and Alien mashup. With Darth Vader as Horus.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: June 22, 2012, 07:32:48 pm »

On that note: Zenerbufen, could you please send me whatever you have on the new GUI ? I just want to have a look how the Python Code is build, since I never used Python, and wrote my GUI in Visual Basics, which is closer to C.
You want to see the dirty, unfinished, tangled mess that will some day be the new UI!? An artist never shows his work in progress!

Just kidding. Its not that much of a mess... just very unfinished, sent.

PenguinCakes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: June 22, 2012, 09:13:51 pm »

Out of curiosity, what exactly is the drake and how does it perform in combat in comparison to war dogs?

Edit: Answered the latter part of my question with arena testing.  Drakes definitely outperform dogs due to having a much thicker skin/armor. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 09:19:23 pm by PenguinCakes »

toboo123

• Bay Watcher
  • Cries when friends don't like DF
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: June 22, 2012, 09:25:50 pm »

Holy crap my Golem just defeated a titan alone, does this mean golems are overpowered or that was a really wimpy titan, cause all the golems i have ive gotten free from migrants.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5233 on: June 22, 2012, 09:35:37 pm »

Meph have you ever concidered my way for making creatures? It is a hybrid of the Broodmother concept. It will stop migrants from bringing pet golems, If you like we can farther discuss this idea. Since I use it heavy for my shapers.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: June 23, 2012, 02:17:13 am »

@meph - that picture.         o.o              Vader +  wh40k armor + xenomorphs weilding lightsabers? i found my new dwarf overseer!

@toboo123 not all titans are the same =) , combat is random, and golems are medium "just right" not exceedingly op but very usefull as walking targets

@penguinCakes - i belive its based on the D&D drake, or a wingless little dragon, shear them for Drake scales (bronze leather =D ) they also breed pritty fast with live births, normally i pair one with each dwarf in my fortress

@Meph/zen - what and where can i put in the golems (created not pets) to make them not run from enemies? (for raw editing dummies if you please)

Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 749