Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838509 times)

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile

Yes that warning scared me to, but the world still generated and still looked as it should. Keep us posted on how it works out for you please :)

Well say go to desert volcano world, press 'e', page up, see how all the parameters on the last page are set to 0. Now go back out to the main page and increase the world size to 256x256 or whatever. Now go back in and get back to that page, they are all set to defaults for me, i.e. not 0.

I just have a few tweaks I like to do, I start with a medium size region, change minimum volcanism to 25, minimum volcanoes to 200, the gap between the cavern layers to 15 each, I prefer Meph's settings on cavern openness but I tone it down a touch.  Mineral density to 300-400, minimum types on the last page to 0 and max civilisations 30. 30 on a medium map works fine, world gen always drops out after the end of a golden age at 200 years, I get 2-3 good sized dwarf civs. I use default races plus some evil humans for good measure. Seems to work fine, well apart from the 1000 or so rejected worlds but you get there in the end! I like to think of it as a high fantasy land that time forgot sloshing with magma, untamed wilds and weird biomes.

zenfiero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.1 - for 34.09 :)
« Reply #4351 on: May 19, 2012, 02:19:03 am »

Just a quick question of confirmation: is it possible to induct dwarves into castes?

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes that warning scared me to, but the world still generated and still looked as it should. Keep us posted on how it works out for you please :)

Well say go to desert volcano world, press 'e', page up, see how all the parameters on the last page are set to 0. Now go back out to the main page and increase the world size to 256x256 or whatever. Now go back in and get back to that page, they are all set to defaults for me, i.e. not 0.

Ahh, I see. Ok in that case head on over to data/init/world_gen.txt
find: [DIM:<width>:<height>]  example:   [DIM:129:129]    Valid values are 17,33,65,129, and 257. Others may not work. Hmm, powers of two plus one. odd that it isn't 16,32,64,128,256

Just a quick question of confirmation: is it possible to induct dwarves into castes?
This was possible until the guildhalls where removed. I don't think it's possible any more. I haven't seen a way at least. If I remember right (I might not be) they where taken out due to buggyness to be reimplemented properly later.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 02:48:52 am by zenerbufen »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: May 19, 2012, 02:49:47 am »

So, I was playing, making wheelbarrels and....

"Urist made a masterwork blah"

Okay, good!

"Urist made a masterwork blah"

Good!!!

"Urist made a masterwork blah" x33

What.

I had been playing for ten minutes, my novice carptender JUMPED from novice to Grand Master in seconds of making wheelbarrels. What.

---

Oh, now someone game with a copper swordgolem......Is this normal?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 03:28:27 am by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: May 19, 2012, 03:18:22 am »

re: guildhall  - from the patch-notes; I believe it was removed because it conflicted with other cast changes, such as golums and mages, and some secrets
Patch 1.7:[/size]- removed guildhall and guildhall button
[/size]
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: May 19, 2012, 03:53:44 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think there is a problem with this reaction, it have reagent A and C,but no B. every product ask for reagent A or B, no C.

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: May 19, 2012, 04:43:03 am »

And I managed to make my own Mayday tileset, only the basics though. It's made like Phoebus so you need to call it Phoebus_16x16 and place it in \data\art. It includes rails.

EDIT:

And here is a pic of what I made while waiting for the new update:

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: May 19, 2012, 04:52:19 am »

For some reason cage traps are now blocking depot access. Is that something to do with MW or the new DF?

*edit*

just found it on the main forum, it's a new DF feature, not sure if it's intentional or not. Oh well, now tiny pirate is really going to have to change his tutorial!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 04:55:34 am by SAFry »

maki32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: May 19, 2012, 06:36:58 am »

There's any way to have the main manual in PDF? And why It doesn't appear the genre for example when I wanna "buy" a female dog and a male? Only appears a *... Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 07:24:57 am by maki32 »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: May 19, 2012, 09:43:55 am »

two questions

what version of dt are you guys using?  I guess I can just copy the memory layout file to my version...

I'm using a branched build based on splinterz 10.2

second question

where did you find the dfhack?  did you build it from a dev release?

Olidot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: May 19, 2012, 09:53:24 am »

Whenever I try to load the settings GUI .exe file, it fails to initialize. What am I doing wrong?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: May 19, 2012, 10:02:51 am »

shish just implemented some trait fixes (my contribution) into his build that works with masterwork,

plus it has a role editor.

please don't think this is it's own branch, it might be shish's eventually, but... it's based on splinterz/shish's/ and my own contributions (it's all very confusing)

but...

splinterz will have both of our changes in his next release of dwarf therapist which he says he's almost finished with

http://www.mediafire.com/?a38hvca28ow2i2d

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: May 19, 2012, 10:48:57 am »

shish just implemented some trait fixes (my contribution) into his build that works with masterwork,

plus it has a role editor.

please don't think this is it's own branch, it might be shish's eventually, but... it's based on splinterz/shish's/ and my own contributions (it's all very confusing)

but...

splinterz will have both of our changes in his next release of dwarf therapist which he says he's almost finished with

http://www.mediafire.com/?a38hvca28ow2i2d
Do you know if anyone currently working on mac/linux builds? I read somewhere about splinterz work getting merged with Dwarf Engeneers.. sometime eventually. I have a mac and dev tools if that helps, but little knowledge of c.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: May 19, 2012, 11:48:45 am »

I don't know anything about mac...  I would assume you would just need the .ini files.  I have read about a couple of things on the therapist thread about mac.  That's where the discussion is at, not in masterwork.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: May 19, 2012, 01:10:14 pm »

I think there is a problem with this reaction, it have reagent A and C,but no B. every product ask for reagent A or B, no C.

Reread your post.  There's a reagent B after reagent C.  Also, since those are just names given to the reagents so that the reaction can track them, I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter; REAGENT:SNUFFLEUPAGUS would work just as well as REAGENT:A.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 749