Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838401 times)

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok i replaced my entity_default with the one from the 1.9 download i created a new world. still a goblin. ill try reinstalling

Update ok i copied and pasted the download from 1.9 and replaced every file. i didint mod anything i just created a world. and im still playing as goblins.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 11:33:32 am by moisesjns »

Srial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Meph: Ah, I've never tried the maps that come with Masterwork.  Maybe I'm just missing some stone that can be used as flux then, but looking at the list of flux stones on the wiki I can say for sure I've never seen any of those in my current fort and I've dug to the magma sea.  Maybe next time I generate a fort I'll try the included maps.

@Werdna - Yes, I've come to the same conclusion about warlocks, alas to late for a couple military commanders.  From now on, all marksdwarves for them.

I only ever used to get bleeding from smelters until recently.  I think this may be because normally I space our my smelters but for some silly reason when I made my magma arc smelters I put 2 right next to each other.  Twice now I've gotten notifications someone's died, and look and see lots and lots of smoke in that area coming from them.  I'm not sure if someone caught fire, or one ignited something in the other, or what, or I just had bad luck with the gases that come out of them.   I suppose this calls for science.

I'll try keeping my fort value low for a while.  It's a weird concept for me, but I'll give it a whirl.  It seems like I'd have to really reign in how fast I expand and build to start, but if it keeps me alive that's a bonus.

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile

Hey, quick strange question. I just updated to 1.8.1, started a new fortress. Smaller region, but lots of Civs. All four trading civilizations were available on embark, and some stranglers have already tried to get to my fortress, so it's not a pathfinding issue. Yet I'm on my second year, spring, and no dwarf or elf traders have come. Where is everyone? Why are traders not coming?

Edit: Just confirming, there is a trade depot, it is accessible, I built a road, I cleared the trees around the boarder and the trade depot.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 11:55:15 am by DoX »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@dox: That might happen if the civs are more or less dead. It is rare though that you dont seem to have any active civs... usually they are rather resiliant, but then again you mentioned that you have a small world and many civs, so infighting can cause this. The balancing is up to you if you decide to meddle with the worldgens ;) I can only say that the custom ones I made for the mod are balanced. Flobulon and LegendsViewer saw to that.

@srial: The "less minerals/less stone" options tend to mess up the standard worldgen. ;) Warlocks are designed to be deadly in melee, but weak against archers. Should make people use both melee and ranged squads in fortress mode.

@moisesjns: Cant help you there then... could you send me the entity_default you currently use in a PM so I can have a look ? I just checked the one I have here for the mod, but that one is OK.

@all: even with no official update for mouse fortress, Therapist and dfhack I managed to hack together a working version. Mouse Fortress works 100%, Therapist works 100%, including Castes, and dfhack works, except 5 plugins, autolabor, digv, df2minecraft, dfusion. Trying to upload just now. 8% already, yeah... zzzz....

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile

It's just never happened before, and no traders at all? Not even drow? Plus, I am getting migrants. If there's no dwarf civilization, where are they coming from?

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Loving all the metals. So much variety! :D

I was just thinking that if maybe people are complaining that its too easy would an option for half or third percentage drops from metal ores make the game more difficult?
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@dox: The first two migrant waves are hardcoded and will always appear. For the rest... dont know, sorry. The game and the worldgen has many quirks ^^

@geneoce: I cant mod the drop rates, not even the vanilla smelter rates from ore to bars. I can only balance my modded stuff on the things Today adds as a default.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Crazy_Ivan80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

how's the upload going? I'm debating wether or not to start a game with the current version.

liking the the masterwork-package much. excellent stuff :thumbs:

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

1.9:
 - Win, Mac and Linux Support
 - Updated to 34.08
 - Spiked and bladed minecarts
 - NO dfhack
 - Two new super-metals: Volcanic and Bifrost
 - Create volcanic items in the great magma forge
 - Work bifrost bars from dead frost giants
 - Gemworkshop splitted into Gemcutter and Gemforge
 - New grass, Evil and Good region design. Hope you like it.

1.9.1:
 - Updated to 34.09!
 - Includes a beta version of dfhack for 34.09
 - More coal.
 - Rebalancing of steel making and inorganic mats

Spoiler: Full Changelog (click to show/hide)

Special Thanks
Zenerbufen for his fast linux and mac updates. And the idea of the html-based manual. :)

EDIT: crazy_ivan80: Question answered ? :)

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile

I'll try keeping my fort value low for a while.  It's a weird concept for me, but I'll give it a whirl.  It seems like I'd have to really reign in how fast I expand and build to start, but if it keeps me alive that's a bonus.

Don't worry about expansion, in fact you want to be building like crazy for defense.  Worry about goods as they are what ramp your value the most.  Particularly the new welded-metal goods like titanium and chromite.  Your first artifact will often be worth more than your entire fort layout, particularly if it gets made out of iridium, so I forbid the first iridium wafers early on.  Basically the only thing valuable that I produce early on are armor and weapons to kit my squads.  I use Prepared Meals to buy what I need from caravans (usually mithril, decoys, and mastiffs), as Prepared Meals are more useful overall than goblets.  An early Legendary Cook keeps the fort quite happy!

When I'm ready, I crank up fort value all at once by mass-producing welded titanium/chromite goblets, and start buying out caravans which by now are carrying the goods I've requested (particularly the expensive turrets).  Sieges take awhile to arrive once triggered, so usually I have a year of peace and super-caravans to stockpile goodies from before the real fun begins.

The main reason to drag things out like this is to give your squads a chance to become extremely well-trained and equipped before the sieges come (I don't use danger rooms or weapon traps as they make it too easy IMHO), plus having nasty kill zones set up where you can control everything that happens.  Survivability goes up by a ton. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 01:19:44 pm by Werdna »
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Crazy_Ivan80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: crazy_ivan80: Question answered ? :)

and how :)

*off to download*

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.1 - for 34.09 :)
« Reply #4331 on: May 18, 2012, 01:42:37 pm »

Ahh, Friday, time to play test!

Download 1.9, sort out my advanced world parameters how I like 'em, do my prepare carefully for embark. Ok, ready to rock and... everybody has insomnia fever. Right from the embark.

Oh well, 1.9.1 is ready, lets do that instead.

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: May 18, 2012, 02:04:03 pm »

It's spring, time for the third migration wave and the "fortress attracted no migrants" despite the rise in space and value. I think you're right. The friendly civilizations have been overtaken. Such a shame.

Anyway, thanks for the help, and I absolutely love this mod. Great work. I only have one request.

Back when I was on vanilla with mayday graphics, my favorite thing was the smooth/engraved floors were so drastically different in colour. Engraved floors were bright, to nearly white, allowing me to make patterns in the floors. It'd be great if the engraved stone in the Phoebus pack had a brighter variant, like the water.

Edit: an example of what I'm talking about http://i48.tinypic.com/2dw7n76.jpg
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:15:30 pm by DoX »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4333 on: May 18, 2012, 02:39:54 pm »

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: May 18, 2012, 03:01:21 pm »

well 1.91 fixed my goblin problem. thank you for the amazing mod. i dont post a lot only when i need help or have questions.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 03:54:25 pm by moisesjns »
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 749