Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836526 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.1 NEW: Trade System & Armor Sets
« Reply #3315 on: April 06, 2012, 10:35:56 am »

You have found a curious underground structure.
u>others(1188)

Soooooooo many undead... I thought I had a fluid leak somewhere when my embark hit 10fps but I guess I found something else.

edit: Abandoned and got a wave of migrants in another location. First one in is a gal named Bomrek Throwgeared. She has one kill to her name: a troll. She's a gem cutter. Her groin is gone.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I see what you did theeere.

DX

Don't look at me. The game did it. Every body part of hers is yellow. She got banged up real good bad.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: April 06, 2012, 10:51:07 am »

T-Rex Skull Helm?
Yes, please!

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: April 06, 2012, 12:06:29 pm »

the crucible makes steel 2 ways
3 pig iron + 1 flux = 3 steel
1 pig iron + 3 flux = 3 steel
meph made a guide for each building he added a reaction, like wooden mechanisms in the craftsdwarf shop

look in guides & readmes/building guides

he even has a list of which metal is the best ;)
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3318 on: April 06, 2012, 01:40:45 pm »

Exactly, one uses more metal, one uses more flux. :)

Now I also know why BOULDER:GOLD didnt work, since I needed BOULDER:NATIVE_GOLD. doe. So I made bars out of it, and of course forgot the *150 for bars. So yeah, golden furniture reactions are very kind to the players right now ^^

I will also add worthless stone (only non-economic) to the stonecutter, magma-safe workshop and furniture workshop. And a scrapwood to coal, for smelter and batch furnace. As as well as some more tradegood, and more batch reactions. Silk clothing set, bone/wood/silver furniture set ? At least these are the plans.

Sitting in a Restaurante with Wifi, will be offline shortly, this will be my only post. I will still read this thread though, so no worries.

Oh, and: No standardized Rocks. Made my decision.

PS: @deon: I know they are soap, but not stockpiled as such, so I hope dwarves also dont recognize the crates as soap.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 01:50:49 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: April 06, 2012, 03:10:32 pm »

I have determined that golems are awesome, but the Magma Golem Forge is NOT. In the process of turning my two squads entirely into golems, I've had no less than three innocent bystanders who were hauling back the dropped equipment turn into golems themselves (one of which was my legendary miner).
Mental note: use burrows next time.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: April 06, 2012, 04:44:17 pm »

try the traffic control stuff (i think d-o), it's like a soft burrow to your dwarfs +helps fps if used well enough
they'll go around it unless its a lot shorter or there is an item they want inside it, how i keep my dwarfs from walking over random silk without burrows and my web collectors still collect

i should try out these golems... i see steel and candy, i presume they are magma proof... i must make a few of these post haste :]
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: April 06, 2012, 04:51:43 pm »

i should try out these golems... i see steel and candy, i presume they are magma proof... i must make a few of these post haste :]

I haven't tested out if they are magma-proof, but I did find out how badass they are in combat. I had one of my accidental dwarven child golem pastured outside of my fort. She took down an entire War Elephant invasion single handedly without a scratch. When I hit the Candy, I sent my reserve golem squad of 10 to station down there in preparation for Fun. All Fun Stuff was killed with only two golem losses.
And these were just steel golems too.

EDIT: I also noticed the golems don't have the [NOEXERT] tag, so it looks odd when they get tired from fighting when they don't have any muscles or lungs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT2: I just tested their resilience against magma.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 05:19:15 pm by Lockesly L`Crit »

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: April 06, 2012, 05:19:45 pm »

that is awesome, meph might need to buff the circus with all of this or have the option to of course

mini colossus for everyone!

btw i had a child that was a stone savant, he did all my stonework, was legendary +3 stone detailing before 4 years old ;)
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: April 06, 2012, 05:52:55 pm »

Wow, i don't know if this is a MW or vanilla thing, but there are these wizard(s?) who can mind control the dwarves and make them kill each other or cower in fear.  And since at least one is a MW goblin he's sneaky and AVOIDTRAPS.  No gear except two books that he's carrying.  One book contains the secrets of Mental Discipline.  The other is just an autobiography, and is being used to physically beat fools down.

Can I do anything with those books if he doesn't kill the whole fort?

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: April 06, 2012, 06:14:23 pm »

Wow, i don't know if this is a MW or vanilla thing, but there are these wizard(s?) who can mind control the dwarves and make them kill each other or cower in fear.  And since at least one is a MW goblin he's sneaky and AVOIDTRAPS.  No gear except two books that he's carrying.  One book contains the secrets of Mental Discipline.  The other is just an autobiography, and is being used to physically beat fools down.

Can I do anything with those books if he doesn't kill the whole fort?

They all are part of the Wizard Tower addition to Dwarf Chocolate, which in turn was added to Masterwork.
I think they are Adventure Mode only, but don't quote me on that.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: April 06, 2012, 06:26:12 pm »

They all are part of the Wizard Tower addition to Dwarf Chocolate, which in turn was added to Masterwork.
I think they are Adventure Mode only, but don't quote me on that.

The fort only survives because I got lucky and he left the courtyard, and I lock him out.  He was raising the dead too. 

Hmm, interested to hear how other folks fare against these wizards.

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: April 06, 2012, 08:01:56 pm »

Just met the Nightwings on my second year. Flying sieging demon FUN with crossbows!

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: April 07, 2012, 07:54:28 am »

the crucible makes steel 2 ways
3 pig iron + 1 flux = 3 steel
1 pig iron + 3 flux = 3 steel
meph made a guide for each building he added a reaction, like wooden mechanisms in the craftsdwarf shop

look in guides & readmes/building guides

he even has a list of which metal is the best ;)

Ah thanks, I have NO idea why I didn't think to look at the building guides... derp. I guess I'm just used to playing without them.

masquerine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: April 07, 2012, 11:23:48 am »

Just met the automatons for the first time in year 3. I was expecting them to be more like golems and stuff instead of super sonic snipers/gunners lol. A single crossbowdwarf found the ambush and was obliterated instantly, then they very quickly made their way to the depot and gunned down the elves. The bridge puller was too slow to stop them from coming in, but he did trap them. I did have a set of doors after the bridges leading into the fort, which I quickly set to forbidden. Seems the automatons respect the fact that the door is locked. I have a web turret and a slade turret in the area that the automatons are (bought from the dwarf caravan) which are slowly killing them, and the automatons are ignoring my turrets completely.

Edit: They eventually started hitting the turrets, must have just been the webbing slowing them down.

If it wasn't for those locked doors I probably would have been slaughtered. I need to rethink my defense setup to deal with these guys. So fast. They are not trap avoid though. Maybe just liberal use of weapon traps, as I don't think I really want to cage them unless I pit them into magma. That might work.

Very scary. This is fort 30 or so with every world having automatons in it before, just this is the first time they actually decided to show up. I'm kind of glad they didn't show up till now.

Also: Enemy War Elephants come with weapons but drop them as soon as they enter the map and leave them there. They are wearing armor just fine though.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 11:33:10 am by masquerine »

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: April 07, 2012, 11:50:59 am »

my last fort keeps crashing as soon as the first winter hits, happened 3 times >>
now when i abandon the fort it crashes, seems it doesn't want to give it up, tried 4 times so far as well.. - think its that i made a custom world with perfect world or something on my end though, have to scrap the world but will save it for later if anyone wants to check for bugs or something
error log only has some transformation things for some dwarf castes, i turned them off for simplicity sake when i checked when it crashes on abandoning, could check it when winter hits but...

frustrated cause i just caught 3 forest spider and would've been my first silk farm :(
looking in the raws i noticed forest spiders don't have the child tag

thought toady fixed the weapon dropping, at least he said he did in the updates for .07, for the last update.  i don't think it's a masterwork problem but the vanilla at fault
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 749