Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836465 times)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.1 NEW: Trade System & Armor Sets
« Reply #3300 on: April 05, 2012, 02:56:15 pm »

Hi!

How can I play as a Human?

I added de [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag, in entity_defaults.txt, but doesn´t work!

[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]

Kraggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: April 05, 2012, 03:02:41 pm »

Thanks, I try to explain, i,m not english...

In the entity_defaults.txt, humans doesn´t appear, only dwarves, kobolds and goblins.
There are an entity_human.txt and in that .txt already appears [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]. And in all entities_X.txt for other races too.

So what I did is copy/paste entity_defaults.txt from original DF 0.34.07 to masterworks because that .txt have the humans in it, and I put the [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] there. What I need to do?

Thanks a lot!

PD1: I put [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] in dwarves, in entity_defaults.txt and [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] in entity_human.txt and now I can choose them. I have another question, doing that can i do all the things that dwarves do? I´m asking because in the entity_default.txt for dwarves there are a lot of more text lines that in the entity_human.txt

PD2: PD1 only works if I do that before create new world.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:53:59 pm by Kraggh »

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: April 05, 2012, 03:13:24 pm »

Can't remember exactly what reaction is bugged but i think it is the gold dining room batch reaction that gives you 50 of each product as i ended up with 500 gold statues, tables and thrones when i wanted to make just 10 of each. Naturally all of them ended up being masterwork quality as well. I had a legendary mason doing the work.

Melted it all down and have now made a 5 steps wide road out from my fortress to the edge of the map completely paved with gold bars and with 3x3x9 gold bar pillars every two steps to force the traders down a specific path. Those traders and foreign dignitaries better be impressed! My original plan was to use steel farmed from steeloak to make that road but at least i don't have 1500 pieces of gold furniture cluttering up my stockpiles any more.

This is awesome, 10 gold bars go in, 1500 pieces of gold furniture come out. That only works if you are using dwarf math! :)

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: April 05, 2012, 03:24:55 pm »

0.o if they were -all- masterwork.. your mason would have killed someone for destroying it.. besides meph took out the building to break down furniture since its made out of gold ore. not bars... how did you manage to melt this.. i want a gold fortress!

edit v
Meph said gold ore... but it takes bars ... 0.o
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 05:25:25 pm by Fairin »

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: April 05, 2012, 03:37:21 pm »

.I agree that simple stones will need to account for the elegance of naming to be properly executed.  Plus I worried about the effects on the games stone layers-so generic stone would still need to be distinct by layer class..  Perhaps there is the cheap Sedimetary Stone, then Flux Stone, DeepFlux (marble) Stone (perhaps magma-safe?), Metamorphic Stone, Igneous Stone (Magma-Safe), and of course Obsidian.

That makes 6 types? 5 if you loose the deepflux, but I like having dolomite for magma safe flux as a high-end stone (2nd to obsidian).  Making it deeper into potentially cavern layers is ok with me.

If I can figure it all out in the raws, I may try this before Meph returns.

Edit: Meant to put magma-safe as igneous
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:50:32 pm by dukea42 »
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: April 05, 2012, 04:26:44 pm »

umm he intends to simply do what he does for trees and the like... the rock types will still be there but they will make 'stone'

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: April 05, 2012, 04:56:10 pm »

umm he intends to simply do what he does for trees and the like... the rock types will still be there but they will make 'stone'

I thought he mentioned that un-dug stone cannot drop anything but it's own material (buried in here somewhere)?  It's only through exploiting the game properties that walls do not use their material properties until dug out does the vaporizing stone trick work.  But I don't think that it can drop "stone" from both Granite and Marble for example.

My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: April 05, 2012, 05:01:10 pm »

Can't remember exactly what reaction is bugged but i think it is the gold dining room batch reaction that gives you 50 of each product as i ended up with 500 gold statues, tables and thrones when i wanted to make just 10 of each. Naturally all of them ended up being masterwork quality as well. I had a legendary mason doing the work.

Melted it all down and have now made a 5 steps wide road out from my fortress to the edge of the map completely paved with gold bars and with 3x3x9 gold bar pillars every two steps to force the traders down a specific path. Those traders and foreign dignitaries better be impressed! My original plan was to use steel farmed from steeloak to make that road but at least i don't have 1500 pieces of gold furniture cluttering up my stockpiles any more.

This is awesome, 10 gold bars go in, 1500 pieces of gold furniture come out. That only works if you are using dwarf math! :)

It currently is,
   [REAGENT:B:6:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:GOLD]

It probably should say 6:BOULDER etc., right? 
Or if it's meant to be bars then 900:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:GOLD

fwiw i also checked inorganic_material and the tag for native gold is:
[INORGANIC:NATIVE_GOLD]
so, i don't know what it uses when it says "INORGANIC:GOLD"
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 05:09:54 pm by smakemupagus »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: April 05, 2012, 05:05:06 pm »

It currently is,
   [REAGENT:B:6:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:GOLD]

It probably should say 6:BOULDER etc., right?

If its bars, it needs to be multiplied by 150. 

Change it to...

[REAGENT:B:900:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:GOLD]

...or...

[REAGENT:B:6:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:NATIVE_GOLD]

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: April 05, 2012, 05:27:15 pm »

it is bars, time to find the line and change it.. maybe... maybe i want a gold fortress to match my mithril one from before.... >:)

Also fun fact. cant use the blocks made from the Brick oven for the Storage set.. but you -can- break the bricks down to bolders then have your mason shop turn them into blocks.. those work... odd
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 05:29:28 pm by Fairin »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: April 05, 2012, 05:29:42 pm »

Cool, thanks.  I'm going to go with the NATIVE_GOLD version for now for consistency, because the cost in Bars in Masterwork would in principle be 450(?) per item with "Harder Smithing" and 150 otherwise, and I'm not sure I want to mess with that.  And, since that's what's implied by Meph's building guide.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 05:34:32 pm by smakemupagus »

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: April 05, 2012, 05:33:12 pm »

hey meph, not every world does the elfs have each warbeast (frustrates me) nor does the drows always have slaves

what if you added a stone that a caste of elf or drow secrete and transform into a warbeast or brood slave
then add the tag [BONECARN] or something to keep them from being eventful/free pet
i think it would make elfs/drows always have the pet

although i don't know if it will work or if it's plausible just my 2 cents after reading some raws and playing :)
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: April 05, 2012, 06:09:43 pm »

You have found a curious underground structure.
u>others(1188)

Soooooooo many undead... I thought I had a fluid leak somewhere when my embark hit 10fps but I guess I found something else.

edit: Abandoned and got a wave of migrants in another location. First one in is a gal named Bomrek Throwgeared. She has one kill to her name: a troll. She's a gem cutter. Her groin is gone.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 10:28:43 pm by BigD145 »

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: April 06, 2012, 12:38:23 am »

You have found a curious underground structure.
u>others(1188)

Soooooooo many undead... I thought I had a fluid leak somewhere when my embark hit 10fps but I guess I found something else.

edit: Abandoned and got a wave of migrants in another location. First one in is a gal named Bomrek Throwgeared. She has one kill to her name: a troll. She's a gem cutter. Her groin is gone.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I see what you did theeere.

DX
Where is the chemistry
They tried chemistry once.
It created soap.
Dwarves lost interest in chemistry after that.

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: April 06, 2012, 10:16:30 am »

Might be a bug or typo rather. In the magma crucible there is "make steel bars(3) - flux" and "make steel bars(3) - pig iron" but the regents for both is pig iron, refined coal, and flux stones. Not sure why have two options that require the same things and also produce the same things and amount if it's not a bug.

---

After getting the necessary materials, I was able to make one of them, the other still stayed red so not sure what's going on. Been running into various other glitches with workshops not wanting to do things or detect materials I have. Destroying them and rebuilding usually works but it's annoying, don't know if its masterwork related.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:31:42 am by Seraphyx »
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 749