Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835594 times)

Iodinium

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #2760 on: March 15, 2012, 04:27:22 pm »

Or make a kitten waterfall and make everyone used to death and violence.
Teach me Urist McMeph, teach this dabbling dwarf the secrets of kitten waterfalls!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2761 on: March 15, 2012, 04:45:36 pm »

Make 15z level drop above your dining hall, dump kitten with the "pit/pond" into dining hall. Watch kitten die and splatter all your dwarves with blood and bodyparts. Dwarves get bad thoughts, but also get the "has seen death" and "doesnt care for anything anymore"

After that they are pretty much immune to tantrums.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: March 15, 2012, 04:53:07 pm »

Are settings actually placed anywhere for this custom software? I'm getting resets to default constantly. "Save Settings" doesn't do much.

-WinXP64

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: March 15, 2012, 04:55:58 pm »

I love you for adding ASCII Tilesets :]

Another thing i assume is a bug:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just found that in my embark screen. "wooden barbed wire" just doesn't seem right to me.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2764 on: March 15, 2012, 04:59:22 pm »

Settings are saved within the raws, it reads out the raw files. If you change one thing, then close it and open it again later, the change is still there. It saves and loads automatically, so to speak. But once you gen a world the settings wont matter, since you cant change the already generated world.

About the trapcomps: Nothing I can cange about that, but you cant make them in fortress mode. All trap comps can be made of wood, even if give them the METAL tag only. Its weird.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: March 15, 2012, 05:01:02 pm »

bauxite:

jet:

meteor:

red tourmaline:

Just making sure that these are either icon bugs or intended. Bauxite is smoothed floor, jet is an "a`", meteor is the O with little slashed rock thing droppings, and tourmaline is the sideways L.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 05:03:55 pm by Vherid »

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: March 15, 2012, 05:07:33 pm »

Most of the rock icons are wrong, because, as far as I can tell, you have only replaced the plant_standard.txt
Phoebus changed the look of most of the rocks, ores and gems too, as well as some vermin creatures, so those would require fixing as well...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2767 on: March 15, 2012, 05:14:01 pm »

I did replace the inorganic and tool files as well, but I based it upon the version tehzipfile made for MasterworkDF 1.0. I have moved a lot of things around in these files. I will fix any problems, but I have to know about them first. Then it is very easy, since the entire system for tileset-changing is done.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: March 15, 2012, 05:30:27 pm »

I thought you did just the plants, because that was the only file contained in \MasterworkDwarfFortress\ASCII\raw
If you changed the other files as well, the disregard what I just said there.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2769 on: March 15, 2012, 05:34:15 pm »

Check The matrix raws. I only copied everything ONCE, since ascii, ascii+, matrix and jolly bastion use the same raws. Otherwise the filesize would grow a lot.

Buffbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: March 15, 2012, 05:35:09 pm »

I tried out some of the new ASCII sets.  I really liked the look of JollyBastion.

Sadly I could never get into DF with ASCII, so about 50% of the stuff onscreen looks like gibberish to me.  I'm sure I could learn it in time, but I just can't be bothered when tilesets are just easier for me.

I did however switch the Phoebus colors over to the pallete Jolly uses, and I'm really loving that.  Everything has a softer look and the buildings and units really stand out now.  I just wish it worked better with TrueType on, but I can live without it.  Though the really long names for things make it tricky to play without TT (not a criticism at MDF, just hoping Toady addresses TT soon).  :)

EDIT - Any thoughts on altering the Brewery reaction?  Not sure about anyone else, but even using some of the tricks from this thread, I'm still having the damnedest time getting it to use sugar properly.  I'm tempted to just mod the raw so it just takes sweet pods directly to save me the grief.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 05:51:31 pm by Buffbot »

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: March 15, 2012, 05:56:24 pm »

Ah, so that is where you put that :D

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: March 15, 2012, 06:02:50 pm »

I'm going through the inorganics and making sure the tiles match up currently, it's pretty simple, ill upload the changes/fixes if you want after.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: March 15, 2012, 06:12:15 pm »

I ran into a minor issue:
I just embarked (on a mirthful volcano). I keep getting messages that a "Strong Deep One" is no longer enraged and a "Green Devourer" just appeared on the Dead/Missing list.
Are those some creatures fighting in the caverns?

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
« Reply #2774 on: March 15, 2012, 06:12:37 pm »

Has anybody else had the problem where when the fort gets a Mayor, the sheriff job disappears?

Is it that the Mayor acts as the Sheriff as well?

Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 749