Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835269 times)

SecondBreakfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know if this is reported but leather industry isn't working for me. Specifically the "boil leather in oil" function. The dwarf will grab a tough hide and repeatedly apply oil to it till there's no oil left, then cancel the job and leave.

Also, a lot of what's good about Masterwork is cleaning up boring, petty micromanagement and slowdown problems and adding exciting higher level problems. I'd be careful about adding in more petty micromanagement problems by making bins and barrels an issue all over again. Just seems to be problems for the sake of problems.

olopi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think this is a bug: In adv. mode human Blowguners(Musketeers) hcan't use their muskeets, because the bullets don't exist
Dwarves use their beards to influence the adamantite to change form. A dwarves beard is specialized in his job, therefore a legendary miner has a much better mining beard then a legendary weaponsmith, who has a beard that influences metals to make armor much more.
This also explains why dwarves can have a city on just a soap pillar, the beard of the soapmaking dwarf causes the soap to become rigid.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know if this is reported but leather industry isn't working for me. Specifically the "boil leather in oil" function. The dwarf will grab a tough hide and repeatedly apply oil to it till there's no oil left, then cancel the job and leave.

Also, a lot of what's good about Masterwork is cleaning up boring, petty micromanagement and slowdown problems and adding exciting higher level problems. I'd be careful about adding in more petty micromanagement problems by making bins and barrels an issue all over again. Just seems to be problems for the sake of problems.

+1 to the boil leather thing (happens all the time) = BUG

---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

liking the ABS thing hugo..... although... if you can do it via Raws, why hasn't toady?
Thanks, it's one of the  many things I'm proud of. And I withheld it from the other modders since I made it :P but I felt like sharing it now :)

And I think Toady tryed but it failed, Bone tissues have STRUCTUAL which I think toady had intended would have affected LIMBs but it didn't, it only affected GRASP and STAND body parts (broken hand, foot)

Through some science I found that NERVOUS effects child/connected bodyparts. Found this out since I had a two dwarves, one broken his spine (upperbody) and the other borken her lower spine (lowerbody)

The male dwarf (spine injury) suffocated (spine is connected to the upperbody thus lungs, causing suffocation)
The female dwarf (lower spine) was only crippled (spine connected to lowerbody and child bodyparts where the legs, etc)

SO long story short-er I decided to create the ABS

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Training my Militia Commander, who was given my artifact steel Long sword, to a Legendary Swordsdwarf, using the essence of a red dragon (impaled on a Spear trap :D), made him develop some strange fighting habits....

Are drakes supposed to die that easily? I'm talking about the non-fire-breathing pet drakes here. Goblins seem to take them out incredibly fast, even when trained as war drakes.

Wait a minute.....
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:23:04 pm by CheatingChicken »

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

liking the ABS thing hugo..... although... if you can do it via Raws, why hasn't toady?
Thanks, it's one of the  many things I'm proud of. And I withheld it from the other modders since I made it :P but I felt like sharing it now :)

And I think Toady tryed but it failed, Bone tissues have STRUCTUAL which I think toady had intended would have affected LIMBs but it didn't, it only affected GRASP and STAND body parts (broken hand, foot)

Through some science I found that NERVOUS effects child/connected bodyparts. Found this out since I had a two dwarves, one broken his spine (upperbody) and the other borken her lower spine (lowerbody)

The male dwarf (spine injury) suffocated (spine is connected to the upperbody thus lungs, causing suffocation)
The female dwarf (lower spine) was only crippled (spine connected to lowerbody and child bodyparts where the legs, etc)

SO long story short-er I decided to create the ABS

Outstanding job, sir! Thank you!

olopi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bug: Tombs make adv. mode crash...
Dwarves use their beards to influence the adamantite to change form. A dwarves beard is specialized in his job, therefore a legendary miner has a much better mining beard then a legendary weaponsmith, who has a beard that influences metals to make armor much more.
This also explains why dwarves can have a city on just a soap pillar, the beard of the soapmaking dwarf causes the soap to become rigid.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Awesome story :) Two minor things I like to add: Coal should "only" burn for 9 months, dont know about coal constructions though. And drakes most certainly do not breathe fire. Just made double sure before I posted that and looked it up in the raws. No firebreath. ^^

@olopi: Thanks about the tombs.  Is noted. Any idea why, what is the last entry in the gamelog ?

I will have a look a tthe leather reaction again, Might be a reaction class gone wrong.

Drakes should be pets for their scales, dont know how good they are in combat, I did not test them in fortress mode in fights.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Drakes should be pets for their scales, dont know how good they are in combat, I did not test them in fortress mode in fights.

They seem as good as dogs but a little tougher. And they seem to breed faster.

olopi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know if that needs to be like that but crafting a bone Twohander with dingo spine, bone and lether made me a hand gun...

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

About the bins,

this is a good point. micromanagement shouldn't be required for something so essential to fortress life. using blocks pushes that to some degree but not much.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

About the bins,

this is a good point. micromanagement shouldn't be required for something so essential to fortress life. using blocks pushes that to some degree but not much.

I would also vote to leave it as it is.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well heres my idea.

stone bins/barrels being easy removes the need for wood even more, so if you want ot nerf stone bin making, you must simply nerf every other item carved from stone as well! simple. [/sarcasm]

so either say "fuck it, wood sucks" and stick with the current method, or make tons of stone stuff require tedious micro of block production...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I don't know if that needs to be like that but crafting a bone Twohander with dingo spine, bone and lether made me a hand gun...
Ah, the fun of adventure mode. The wanderers friend reaction for twohanders links to a weapon not included in the raws, Df cant find it, takes random weapon. (acutally, this could be used for nice reactions, "make random weapon" ha. Good find)

About bins and blocks:
I personally see the stonecutter as a sort of upgraded mason. But currently the stonecutter works very well all alone. If I make blocks needed for many reactions in it, then people have to run the mason, and then the stonecutter next to it. For me, this makes sense. The stonecutter is of course no replacement for the mason, but almost for the carpenter. The three Bs. Beds, Bins, Barrels. They should be a bit harder to make then wooden ones. Not easier.

PS: @bombzero: Damn you are in a bad mood these last days. Three mason running "make blocks" on repeat is not tedious micromanagement.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

olopi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Other things:
A Necro slab( Life and Death) didn't work, probably because i was a Frost giant
Frost giants should not lay ambushes, or be easyer to kill, i lost 5 good adventurers to them, because everything(even Magic) just glances away

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 749