Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833564 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.31.25 Phoebus/ASCII
« Reply #195 on: January 09, 2012, 02:08:43 pm »

Yep, soap and generic body parts are still buggy, only leather/skin works just fine so far.

The "virus" would be the 2 dfhack tools. dfcleanmap.exe and dflair.exe.

And a teaser:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But dont get excited, it is just the layout. The actual coding behind it will be a lot of work. I might not be able to pull of everything I want, but most of the things should be possible. My main concern right now is that VB has changed a lot in the 10 years I havent used it ^^ The whole thing is based upon the LazyNewb Pack, as everyone can see.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #196 on: January 09, 2012, 02:12:09 pm »

I'm just finally fleshing out Frost Giants (had alot of errors, improper tags, and unused BP's and Plans)

Also the teaser looks close to the simple C# programs I made last semester.

@Meph
I will be PM'ing you the list of TO-DO's I have choosen ATM soon

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 09, 2012, 02:27:39 pm »

Soap is buggy, we still need to drop the fix in. use

[PRODUCT:100:150:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:COMMON_SOAP_TEMPLATE] we are still in the midist of cleaning up the raws and making it all "Nice"

EDIT:
Also the old Connan the Barbarian FTW. Arnold was a pretty good action star.

Thanks for the quick reply on this. :)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 09, 2012, 03:28:22 pm »

Soap is buggy, we still need to drop the fix in. use

[PRODUCT:100:150:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:COMMON_SOAP_TEMPLATE] we are still in the midist of cleaning up the raws and making it all "Nice"

EDIT:
Also the old Connan the Barbarian FTW. Arnold was a pretty good action star.

Thanks for the quick reply on this. :)
Your welcome, Hopefully I'm right. As all these "generic" materials and tissues are scattered, and that one was my closest guess to the correct soap mat

EDIT:
Also someone a few pages back mentioned this

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #199 on: January 09, 2012, 03:47:52 pm »

Actually, the current version should produce soap, but anyway, I check ;)

Good news everyone:
The settings idea... works. :) I managed to write a script that replaces the vanilla tree setting with the one I use in this mod. All you have to do is press a button. This is a simple Yes/No selection. I dont know yet about multiple settings, but I will try. It should work the same way from what I've seen so far. I will have to add some specific lines/tags to all the raws that will be changed, but it works. :)

EDIT: Mh.. not as easy as I thought for multiples. Instead of Simple, Vanilla and Advanced I could, however, write 3x a ON/OFF script. Simple: ON/OFF, Vanilla ON/OFF and Advanced ON/OFF. Clumsy, and only works if people set two of them to OFF, but it would work. Still, I will try more with the multiple settings, before resigning on the easier, but less elegant solution.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 04:50:44 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 09, 2012, 05:15:00 pm »

Actually, the current version should produce soap, but anyway, I check ;)

Good news everyone:
The settings idea... works. :) I managed to write a script that replaces the vanilla tree setting with the one I use in this mod. All you have to do is press a button. This is a simple Yes/No selection. I dont know yet about multiple settings, but I will try. It should work the same way from what I've seen so far. I will have to add some specific lines/tags to all the raws that will be changed, but it works. :)

EDIT: Mh.. not as easy as I thought for multiples. Instead of Simple, Vanilla and Advanced I could, however, write 3x a ON/OFF script. Simple: ON/OFF, Vanilla ON/OFF and Advanced ON/OFF. Clumsy, and only works if people set two of them to OFF, but it would work. Still, I will try more with the multiple settings, before resigning on the easier, but less elegant solution.
No luck with If statements in the program?

If (simple == yes)
{
*USE SIMPLE RAWS
}
else if (advanced == yes)
{
*Use Advanced Raws
}
etc...

EDIT:
does your designer have a "Events" onclick/changed command for buttons/radio buttons? (Not only do I mod but I program too.)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 09, 2012, 06:13:10 pm »

Yes, Fortbent.

Oh, ah, forgot to ask:

can I take some of the automaton-type creatures (turrets, mines, etc.) from this mod to put into the automaton mod? I've been working on that recently and I feel it needs a bit more. I think this mod's stuff would be perfect.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #202 on: January 09, 2012, 06:22:42 pm »

Well, the output works with boolean, true/false. I have to write a new one with strings.

@ putman: Sure, you can use them. Hugo did make a nicer body for the mines though, and as I said, I'd like to alter them a bit. But if you want to current version, go ahead :)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 09, 2012, 06:35:45 pm »

I did make a New Mine Body and setup to make it more "mechanical" but my power goal for regen is to make a fully mechanical steampunk mech. (planning for it is done, but making it will be a challenge, and challenge I mean setting all the tissues up. You know gears, pistons and hydrolics)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 09, 2012, 06:51:17 pm »

So I just made this:

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:LANDMINE] From the Masterwork Dwarf Fortress mod.
[DESCRIPTION:It's a mine!]
[NAME:landmine:landmines:mine]
[CREATURE_TILE:'X']
[PET][COMMON_DOMESTIC][NATURAL][CANNOT_UNDEAD]
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM]
[UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:1:2]
[FREQUENCY:0]
[LIKES_FIGHTING]
[EXTRAVISION]
[SPEED:20000]
[AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE]
[NO_DRINK][NO_SLEEP][NO_FEVERS][NO_DIZZINESS]
[NOEMOTION][NOEXERT][NOFEAR][NONAUSEA][NOPAIN]
[VIEWRANGE:10]
[NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT]
[EXTRAVISION]
[NOBREATHE]
[NOTHOUGHT]
[BODY:BASIC_1PARTBODY:CASE]
[TISSUE:OBSIDIAN]
[TISSUE_NAME:obsidian skin:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:OBSIDIAN]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[STRUCTURAL]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE:BRASS_CLOCKWORK]
[TISSUE_NAME:brass clockwork:NP]
[MUSCULAR]
[VASCULAR:5]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:COPPER]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HYDRAULIC_FLUID:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:hydraulic fluid ice]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:hydraulic fluid ice]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:hydraulic fluid]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:hydraulic fluid]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:hydraulic fluid vapor]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:hydraulic fluid vapor]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:slippery]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:ALL]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:LANDMINE:ALL]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:BP:BY_TYPE:STANCE:BP:BY_TYPE:GRASP:ALL:LOCALIZED:START:1:PEAK:2:END:3]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:LANDMINE_PLAN]uses the tissues declared above
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:HYDRAULIC_FLUID:LIQUID]
TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:OBSIDIAN
[ALL_ACTIVE]

[BODY_SIZE:20:0:5000]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]

[ALL_ACTIVE]
[HOMEOTHERM:10070]
[SWIMS_INNATE][SWIM_SPEED:2500]

[CASTE:LANDMINE_ACID]
[DESCRIPTION:A mechanical device build by advanced dwarven alchemists. They can be ordered from the mountainhomes. Place these outside to welcome your foes with a surprise explosion full of gut-wrenching acid.  Take care not to station anyone nearby, as friendly fire is possible.]
[CASTE_NAME:acid landmine:acid landmines:acid landmine]
[PETVALUE:50][CASTE_COLOR:2:0:1]
[ITEMCORPSE:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:LFR_LANDMINE_ACID]

[CASTE:LANDMINE_DUST]
[DESCRIPTION:An experimental device built by advanced dwarven alchemists. They can be ordered from the mountainhomes. Place these outside to welcome your foes with a huge explosion that creates a powerful blast, hurling your foes around or outright killing them. These mines are prototypes and highly unstable. They may malfunction, and might be good for a second blast. Take care not to station anyone nearby, as friendly fire is possible.]
[CASTE_NAME:dust landmine:dust landmines:dust landmine]
[PETVALUE:500][CASTE_COLOR:0:0:1]
[MATERIAL_BREATH_ATTACK:INORGANIC:SLADE:UNDIRECTED_DUST]

[CASTE:LANDMINE_FIRE]
[DESCRIPTION:A mechanical device build by advanced dwarven alchemists. You can order them from the mountainhomes. Place these outside to welcome your foes with a surprise explosion.  Take care not to station anyone nearby, as friendly fire is possible.]
[CASTE_NAME:fire landmine:fire landmines:fire landmine]
[PETVALUE:250][CASTE_COLOR:4:0:1]
[FIREIMMUNE]
[ITEMCORPSE:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:LFR_LANDMINE_FIRE]

[CASTE:LANDMINE_FLASH]
[DESCRIPTION:A mechanical device build by advanced dwarven alchemists. You can order them from the mountainhomes. Place these outside to welcome your foes with a surprise explosion that blinds your enemies.  Take care not to station people nearby, as friendly fire is possible.]
[CASTE_NAME:flash landmine:flash landmines:flash landmine]
[PETVALUE:150][CASTE_COLOR:3:0:1]
[ITEMCORPSE:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:LFR_LANDMINE_FLASH]

[CASTE:LANDMINE_FRAG]
[DESCRIPTION:A mechanical device build by advanced dwarven alchemists. You can order them from the mountainhomes. Place these outside to welcome your foes with a surprise explosion full of shrapnel that cause heavy bleeding. Take care not to station people nearby, as friendly fire is possible.]
[NAME:frag landmine:frag landmines:frag landmine]
[CASTE_NAME:frag landmine:frag landmines:frag landmine]
[PETVALUE:100][CASTE_COLOR:4:0:0]
[ITEMCORPSE:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:LFR_LANDMINE_FRAG]

[CASTE:LANDMINE_TOXIC]
[DESCRIPTION:A mechanical device build by advanged dwarven alchemists. You can order them from the mountainhomes. Place these outside to welcome your foes with a surprise explosion releasing deadly gas.  Take care not to station dwarves nearby, as friendly fire is possible.]
[CASTE_NAME:toxic landmine:toxic landmines:toxic landmine]
[PETVALUE:500][CASTE_COLOR:5:0:1]
[ITEMCORPSE:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:LFR_LANDMINE_TOXIC]

[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
[MULTIPLY_VALUE:5]

I consolidated all the landmines into one creature (a creature that should be more compatible with the mod's features than the mod was before I did this!) called LANDMINE. Note that there was something in the raws, don't quite remember what (except that it was a syndrome), that said [IMMUNE_CREATURE:LANDMINE:ALL]. That wouldn't work if there was no LANDMINE creature, but now there is!

This is going into the automaton mod, by the way

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 09, 2012, 06:54:54 pm »

I think your missing the [NO_SPRING][NO_SUMMER][NO_AUTUMN][NO_WINTER] tags, with Frec set to 0 it will default to 100 and wild ones will roam the caves (not sure if thats the case for frec but its better safe then sorry.)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 09, 2012, 06:56:12 pm »

Hmm, so I am. I also have two ALL_ACTIVE tags.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 09, 2012, 06:57:09 pm »

I must have missed those dupe tags while I was tinkering with Meph's old mine to improve it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 09, 2012, 06:58:34 pm »

Also, what's with the [BODY_SIZE:20:0:5000]? That means that they'll be size 5000 at 20 years old, but they don't have a size before that at all, so I'm guessing it's just setting them to 5000 from "birth".

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #209 on: January 09, 2012, 07:12:55 pm »

Hehe, the mines were the first thing I did ever in modding. They are hacked together parts of random creatures ;) Thats why I said: Wait till we implement Hugos body for them ;)

Edit: Sry, forgot to answer the question: Yes, if a creature has no baby or child size, it will be grown up instantly.

Do you have a download link for your mod ? I would like to add it to the .exe I'm working on.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 02:13:06 am by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 749