Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833473 times)

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.31.25 Phoebus/ASCII
« Reply #180 on: January 08, 2012, 05:49:23 pm »

Quite an impressive mod.
Following.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #181 on: January 08, 2012, 08:59:35 pm »

>>> NEW DOWNLOAD - SOME BUGFIXES AND MORE CONTENT <<<

Hey guys, I made a little fix for some issues. Meat, ropes, thread, cloth and so on is aviable at embark again. Goblins/Orcs/Frost Giants should have names again, and the flickering tile thing should be fixed. Not sure about that one though, since I never got it in the first place and cant diagnose it. But the only changes I made to tiles was the addition of genesis grass tiles, and I removed those.

- ASCII Version with original characters.
- Gold Armor is possible (but horrible in combat)
- Weapon traps are weaker.
- Weapon and Armor Case added, same as Display case, to show of cool items.
- You can now bake bread and make candy in the kitchen. Produced from flour or sugar.
- Added a slightly altered tile version for plants - Outdoor plants stand out more and are easier to distinguish. If it is too colorful I can remove it/make it optional.

Full changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Outstanding issues I cant find a solution for:
I want armor smithing to use multiple bars for one piece of armor.
Material_Size for armor. IT SHOULD WORK. IT DOES NOT. Dont know why. 1 bar = 150 material size, in theory. but even 300 and 450 sized items still need only 1 bar...

I want a certain kind of Pet to be brought by dwarven traders. But NOT by migrants. I tried all kinds of mixes between pet, petexotic, use cave animals, use any pet race, fanciful, common domestic, and so on. I am currently at the state that everything works, BUT migrants bring the pets as well. For free. That sucks.

New ideas:
Obsidian Colossus as grand daddy of all golems you can buy. At the same time nerf golems, mines and turrets a bit.
Make fossils. Rare, expensive gemcluster, but instead of valueable gemstones it would be rare petrified creatures/bones. Could be used to make high end stone/bone weapons. :)

Anyway, the update for phoebus in online, the Ascii version is being uploaded just now. I also got the OK from several other modders for usage of their mods within the Settings system. :)

Btw POLL:
Reduced Features and Added Features hold the balance, while people clearly prefer simplicity over complexity. Will be taken into consideration.  :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 09:04:39 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 08, 2012, 09:32:12 pm »

- Gold Armor is possible (but horrible in combat)
People will now mass produce them to sell instead of having to train up a metal crafter. Horrible, horrible idea.

Lowered Material Value of Metals by 20%
Why? metal should have a great distinction to common bone and leather. Heck, copper's value is like 2.

I want armor smithing to use multiple bars for one piece of armor.
Material_Size for armor. IT SHOULD WORK. IT DOES NOT. Dont know why. 1 bar = 150 material size, in theory. but even 300 and 450 sized items still need only 1 bar...
450 is the correct number for 1 bar. My serrated blades have material size of 7200....

I want a certain kind of Pet to be brought by dwarven traders. But NOT by migrants. I tried all kinds of mixes between pet, petexotic, use cave animals, use any pet race, fanciful, common domestic, and so on. I am currently at the state that everything works, BUT migrants bring the pets as well. For free. That sucks.
Dude he bought the golem. He has the right to show it off.

Make fossils. Rare, expensive gemcluster, but instead of valueable gemstones it would be rare petrified creatures/bones. Could be used to make high end stone/bone weapons. :)
And now you are adding your own stones to replace removed one.

I'm saddened to see it go the "Less is More" route (the poll was clearly divided between the two)
To be honest "Less is More" is one of the feature making this mod more unique. Everything else has been done to death. If I want to play a clusterfk mod I'd play genesis or that mixmod abomination.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #183 on: January 08, 2012, 09:56:50 pm »

Hard this is trying to add new features and things without getting to the "more" part.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 08, 2012, 10:19:12 pm »

I made a compatible version of my mod for this mod that I should be releasing soon.

For balance purposes, the trolls can't embark, migrate, or trade with the homeland for any cave animals, but they SHOULD be able to trade for cave animals with the dwarves, thus allowing the "can only be bought from the mountainhomes" thing.

Problem is that there would have to be a different workaround entirely for that in the case of the vanilla mod.

Teh Zip File

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 08, 2012, 10:25:50 pm »

Obsidian Colossus as grand daddy of all golems you can buy. At the same time nerf golems, mines and turrets a bit.

You don't need to nerf them. Turrets/mines are barely worth getting, I've never even seen mines do anything.

Here's a few more ASCII fixes for things I forgot last time: http://www.mediafire.com/?7uq3c3dm4h9bifj

The best thing about this mod is the fixes to help the framerate. I'm at 164 dwarves and I still get a constant 100 FPS, where in vanilla I'm usually at ~80. A version of the mod that only has the fixes would be great.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 10:29:45 pm by Teh Zip File »

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 09, 2012, 04:58:59 am »

I don't know shit about modding, but is it not possible to disable migrant PETS altogether? I always hated those, barely good for anything, and confusing as hell later on.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 09, 2012, 05:03:12 am »

I don't know shit about modding, but is it not possible to disable migrant PETS altogether? I always hated those, barely good for anything, and confusing as hell later on.

It isn't, AFAIK. Unless if you remove all common_domestic or whatever that tag was from all the embarkable pets. It might have side effects, like not being able to embark with that creature unless you're on the same biome (and I think it also takes into account the population number of creatures in a biome), but you'll have a catless embark by doing that.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 09, 2012, 11:09:00 am »

It isn't, AFAIK. Unless if you remove all common_domestic or whatever that tag was from all the embarkable pets. It might have side effects, like not being able to embark with that creature unless you're on the same biome (and I think it also takes into account the population number of creatures in a biome), but you'll have a catless embark by doing that.

Correct.

But if you make Dwarfs at peace with wildlife, and able to have wild pets, you can embark with tame Trolls without migrants having pets.
(When I modded the MOUNTAIN entity that way, that's what I got out of it.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #189 on: January 09, 2012, 12:25:08 pm »

Yeah, you either get pets at embark/trading/migrants, or not at all. A workaround would be to add another friendly civ, and they build these contructs. Gnomes for example. But i dont like the idea.

Nerfing the mines is mostly just how fast they die. I had an entire undead army standing around one, and they coudnt kill it, because of the obsidian skin. And when you say they barely do anything, try some arena testing. Toxic mines kill everything, dustmines can push trapavoids into cagetraps, and flashmines blinding enemy archers... the others just hurt a bit, to soften them up. Important for maximum effect is that you have to get a lot of enemy units together. Try a murderhole and then tell a dwarf to drop the mine from above. Imagine a room full of mines, a 1z-level chute with a hatch, and a room full of trapped invaders underneath. :)

@putman: Awesome, that would be Fortbent, I assume ?

@ teh zip file: Thanks, I have a look. And a 25% increase in FPS is awesome. Good to see that it works.

@ rephikul: Thanks for all the answers, I will try 450, 900 and 1350 then. I saw these values in your raws, but I thought you wanted to use 9 bars for a breastplate ^^

About the removing features and then adding them again: I removed about 75% of gems. All gems have the same ability: Adding value to things decorated with gems, and gem windows. Now, if I add 3 types of fossils, that are used for metalquality bone or stone armor/weapons, then this is new. It is not a copy of the old gems I did remove. And its still less ;)

And last: The poll shows people want both. Reduced features and added features. Thats why I want to do the settings. Everyone can decide what he wants in the end. But I will definetly try to keep the FPS as high as possible, that is the sole reason I started this mod.

Ascii Version is up as well. :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 12:37:06 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 09, 2012, 01:28:51 pm »

Hey the mod looks great, and I definitely want to play. However every time I attempt to download it my computer runs a scan on the file and says that it contains a "backdoor" virus. I was just wanting to let you know, and wanted to inquire if it is something that may be wrong with my comp.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 09, 2012, 01:38:34 pm »

Hey the mod looks great, and I definitely want to play. However every time I attempt to download it my computer runs a scan on the file and says that it contains a "backdoor" virus. I was just wanting to let you know, and wanted to inquire if it is something that may be wrong with my comp.
I get that too, but I run a hardcore scan on the files and it seems "clean" It is probally the fact that there are several .exe files, exe files that windows/OS/AV hasn't seen before and is suspious. So far my PC is fine.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 09, 2012, 01:43:15 pm »

figured it was my comp thx

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 09, 2012, 01:51:01 pm »

I was having problem making soap so I made a cheat reaction and I still get just muscle. This reaction works in vanilla, I tested it.

[REACTION:SOAPCHEAT_022]
   [NAME:make soap]
   [BUILDING:SOAP_FORGE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:20:BAR:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:COW:SOAP]
   [SKILL:SOAP_MAKING]

Thanks!!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 09, 2012, 01:53:54 pm »

Soap is buggy, we still need to drop the fix in. use

[PRODUCT:100:150:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:COMMON_SOAP_TEMPLATE] we are still in the midist of cleaning up the raws and making it all "Nice"

EDIT:
Also the old Connan the Barbarian FTW. Arnold was a pretty good action star.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 749