Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: goblins learn  (Read 1660 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: goblins learn
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 12:49:06 am »

ok but i guess what im saying is that

"your fortress gets a reputation for being nasty"

people in towns hear stories of untold blue tresures protected by an citidel of blades. tell me do you think this would be a better way to phrase my idea.
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 12:57:27 am »

Ok but I guess what im saying is that:

"your fortress gets a reputation for being nasty"

people in towns hear stories of untold blue tresures protected by a citadel of blades. Tell me, do you think this would be a better way to phrase my idea.

Isn't that the current system though? That sieges get larger and trollier with your exported/displayed/generated wealth?

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 01:10:47 pm »

Who is saying that about my fortress's reputation.  The Goblins?  That should be implied, by the export of terror and death.  I think what your asking for indirectly is the ability to see in alerts a the civilization shifting its dynamic views, towards other civilizations, aswell as toward ours. 

And in that, I agree with you Jaxler, I would like that, as well.  It sure would be nice to know, when the Humans go to war with the Elves, vice versa..  Sort of the thing a foreign affairs esquire-spy would mention.

Sincerely,
Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 08:41:40 pm »

Who is saying that about my fortress's reputation.  The Goblins?  That should be implied, by the export of terror and death.  I think what your asking for indirectly is the ability to see in alerts a the civilization shifting its dynamic views, towards other civilizations, aswell as toward ours. 

And in that, I agree with you Jaxler, I would like that, as well.  It sure would be nice to know, when the Humans go to war with the Elves, vice versa..  Sort of the thing a foreign affairs esquire-spy would mention.

Sincerely,
Knutor

right thats what im saying. also people come with better stuff not just cuz of wealth but cuz they know your place is a death trap
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 10:52:41 pm »

I will be a'feared when sappers and diggers come.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 04:22:31 pm »

The Goblins?
your place is a death trap
That's right.  The AI has to graduate. Right now its kinda dumb.  It should count the dead, and get slightly more sinister, with each progressive series of failures.  I'm kind of offended that the first few waves come with so much metal, and so much high quality caps and breast plates.  We need way more fodder to advance our troops on, especially if danger rooms get nerfed.

Maybe a sign-like object could be setup at the map edge, showing the new visitors the direction to our fort, where the last assault failed, so the new assault, doesn't do exactly the same thing, each and every time.   Another words, if there is a sign there, they sorta circle more, before throwing their bodies against the main door. 

I am always impressed when the there bowmen show up and start picking off my guys around corners and via ledge angles, that I was certain was fortified.  I've started double lining my walls now, just to be safe, and remove those dangerous wiggle rooms.  I don't know if its that they are getting smarter, or its just their weapon, a ranged weapon, makes them appear smarter, or a greater threat.  Hard to tell.

Sincerely,
Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 04:59:57 pm »

Give bowmen a flying mount and they become infinitely more sinister.
Pages: 1 [2]