Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: goblins learn  (Read 1656 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
goblins learn
« on: December 19, 2011, 11:38:47 pm »

i'd love it if those nasty goblins after sending 500- ambushes and each one with only 1 serviver whom him self is missing both arms and a leg and had to inch worm him self of the map. i just want them to be a bit less stupid and learn from the stories of 3-armed goblins. there can be a few random 10 group ambushers. just plz make it so that they send larger groups after countless deaths from the near by goblin civ
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: goblins learn
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 11:51:15 pm »

Haven't you ever experienced the horror of routing ambush after ambush, then suffering a siege which is easily repelled, then the next siege rips your fort in two, then the one after that ruins it entirely?

They'll learn to use better armies the more wealth you have, generally. If your fort is poor but powerful, you will really only get weak ambushes. If your fort is wealthy and powerful, you will get ginormous sieges. My most recent fort to fall fell to a siege of 10 trolls, 48 goblins, 48 mounts and a goblin general. And when the mounts are Cave Crocs and Voracious Cave Crawlers, it gets very hairy...

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 12:02:21 am »

Haven't you ever experienced the horror of routing ambush after ambush, then suffering a siege which is easily repelled, then the next siege rips your fort in two, then the one after that ruins it entirely?

They'll learn to use better armies the more wealth you have, generally. If your fort is poor but powerful, you will really only get weak ambushes. If your fort is wealthy and powerful, you will get ginormous sieges. My most recent fort to fall fell to a siege of 10 trolls, 48 goblins, 48 mounts and a goblin general. And when the mounts are Cave Crocs and Voracious Cave Crawlers, it gets very hairy...

but if i have killed 1000 ambushers and have 99999999999 in wealth then why don't the show up with more then 10 people. this has heppend to me before. im just saying after having hundreds of you allies killed won't you at least attack with more/better gear and more man power

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 04:29:52 am »

Army arc...
Basically the next arc (after fleshing the world) will be that and much more : Historical army, literally learning Goblin (avoiding zone that they know are dangerous, siege equipment and their proper use, sapper and tunnels....
not before 2014 imo though (Toady didn't give a time-line) based on how much time this release took him.

If you want a greater difficulty, try one of the innumerable military mod.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 05:32:13 am »

Or open HFS. Or collect FBs and release them all at once on your fort.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 05:36:38 am »

@2014

Rather 2020 - 2030.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 10:47:17 am »

Goblins do learn. If they survive long enough in your fort that is.

I know from fact it is possible to danger room train an entire goblin army, and release them into HFS >:D

Also, try a corridor of bad traps. Someone somewhere ended up with legendary gobbos outside his fort.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 12:57:06 pm »

Hopefully Gobs learn to stay on the map!  That is so annoying.  If they try and flee off the map, they should at least drop their gear, to flee faster than the pursuers. 

They shouldn't learn, unless they thirst.

Sincerely,
Knutor 
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 03:28:07 pm »

k so army arc will make armies that don't get betten to the wall when thry hit my 3x48 hall of serated green glass dics. i want to use my drop trap that thing is starting to get dusty.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 04:40:07 pm »

Remove the disc traps, then.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 05:23:30 pm »

i want an army that can beat the hall of discs. and when that day comes. i will smile and say "lolz"

i should not haft to do so.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 05:26:45 pm »

i want an army that can beat the hall of discs. and when that day comes. i will smile and say "lolz"

Thats a very complicated things to do though.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 05:26:56 pm »

I want an army that can beat the hall of discs. And when that day comes. I will smile and say "lolz"

I should not have to do so.

Release the kraken candy.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 05:33:05 pm »

Why not get into modding, then? Make goblins have steel skin, make whips even more powerful than they are now, give them trap avoid. There's a plethora of possibilities.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 05:41:25 pm »

1.Most traps are OP as hell
2. Traps are getting nerfed
3. Goblins can learn, its not a "goblins are stoopid lolz" problem its a pathing quirk. Everything in the sort-of game instantly paths to something, usually your dwarves. They will move through anything they can to get to a dwarf. I think theres a story about a demon who swam through the magma sea into a fort to kill someone. Trap halls abuse this quirk easily. If you want goblins you actually have to maim add:[TRAPAVOID] :P
The whole purpose of traps is to not face the enemy, use weaker metals or lower quality parts.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?
Pages: [1] 2