Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30

Author Topic: Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition - Game Over  (Read 42982 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition - Day 0
« Reply #240 on: December 21, 2011, 02:52:18 pm »

With Pandar as the only claim remaining, he's either the Mafioso or the Cult Leader.

I highly doubt he's a Cult Leader. That would make the game too easy. Just tech him, kill Vector, everyone wins.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 21, 2011, 03:32:07 pm »

Quick note: according to the answer to a PM I sent Wubba, the Webadict just has to die. Doesn't matter who kills him.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 21, 2011, 04:07:21 pm »

If we did what the webadict suggested and had a single player kill Vector at the end, she'd probably just load her turret. We need some kind of insurance against this, as we shouldn't trust anybody.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 21, 2011, 04:30:02 pm »

Quick note: according to the answer to a PM I sent Wubba, the Webadict just has to die. Doesn't matter who kills him.
Addendum: This applies to my kill target as well, but they mustn't be lynched.

If we did what the webadict suggested and had a single player kill Vector at the end, she'd probably just load her turret. We need some kind of insurance against this, as we shouldn't trust anybody.
You're really not paying attention, are you?

This is not a standard game. Glossing over details and ignoring critical information will not do.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 21, 2011, 04:41:58 pm »

The million dollar question- Amongst the two claimed townies, assuming they're both telling the truth, does it matter which is killed and which is lynched?  If so, which one is which?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 21, 2011, 05:08:58 pm »

If there's no way to tell, then presumably:

1. It doesn't matter

2. It doesn't matter because the proper course of action involves lynching and killing both somehow.

I'm also curious if the "Counts as Town while alive" ability would make them an acceptable candidate.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 21, 2011, 05:12:15 pm »

OB:  For the record, can you post your full role PM?  Do you have any (potentially useful) night abilities?
OrangeBottle

You have been useless...

A man cloaked in shadows hands you nothing.

Jester
Your WIN CONDITION must satisfy all of the following CONDITIONS:
 - Kill the Webadict
 - Get lynched

You have a BULLET.
During the Day, you may shoot the Webadict. If the Webadict has no bullets left, he will die. If he has any bullets remaining, you will die, but use up one of his bullets.
During the Night, you may shoot the Webadict. If the Webadict has too few bullets loaded into his turret, you kill him. Otherwise, you die.

You have a DISTURBING PERSONA.
During the Night, anyone that targets you will have his or her vote locked onto you during the Day.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 21, 2011, 05:31:18 pm »

I'm also curious if the "Counts as Town while alive" ability would make them an acceptable candidate.

But the only one who has that is the survivor.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 21, 2011, 08:29:48 pm »

Voting for Orangebottle Orangebottle for lack of a better lynch candidate.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 21, 2011, 08:33:06 pm »

Yeah, let's go with OrangeBottle first.  That seems pretty safe.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 21, 2011, 09:48:54 pm »

Orangebottle.

I hope everyone !nones tonight.  Vector, you should load your turret just in case.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 21, 2011, 10:26:36 pm »

Orangebottle it is.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 21, 2011, 11:53:38 pm »

OrangeBottle for the win.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [SIGN-UPS: FULL!] Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition
« Reply #253 on: December 22, 2011, 07:44:29 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Vector - klingon13524, NUKE9.13,
IronyOwl -
Jim Groovester -
Urist Imiknorris -
NUKE9.13 - Dariush,
NativeForeigner -
Toaster -
Orangebottle - Urist Imiknorris, Urist_McArathos, Think0028, Think0028, Toaster, Jim Groovester, Orangebottle,
klingon13524 -
Think0028 -
Dariush -
Urist_McArathos -
Pandarsenic -

Not Voting - IronyOwl, NativeForeigner, Pandarsenic,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

You all hear a clock chimes from far away.

*ding* *ding* *ding* ... thirteen dings. Vector was the first one to feel tired. She began to tell everyone to wrap up.

kligon13524 stated that we have business to attend to. We can't merely end this here an now. How will we defeat the Webadict once and for all?

"We will need the help of others if we wish to succeed," says Pandarsenic.

Orangebottle took a look at the tally they've been keeping. "I assume that's why I've been chosen to die, right?"

"Yes."

Orangebottle glanced down at his watch. It had stopped functioning. It had stopped on 1:13. He glanced back at everyone. Everyone glanced back at him.

"Well, what happens then?"

Everyone seemed puzzled. What DID happen to him? They had assumed they would need to vote someone, but they had never really figured out why. I mean, what if this had all been a trap?

The 13 of them sat in the room. Webadict suddenly spoke up: "By the way, I have equipped the Webadict with a turret that may be loaded and used as protection. Should you be able to shoot her enough, you might be able to kill her. Otherwise, you die. It really depends on how many people she thinks will shoot her."

Vector stretched, yawned, and then curled up in a corner. She didn't seem all that protected.

Orangebottle suddenly perked up. "What?" Everyone looked at him curiously. "Really?" Everyone began to be creeped out. "Uh... Why is everyone looking at me?"

Orangebottle gave a nonplussed expression. "I'm the only one that can hear him, can't I?" He sighed as everyone nodded or shrugged. He got up and headed toward the downstairs door. He grabbed the handle and opened it. Surprisingly, it opened. A bright white light shone from inside. Too bright for anyone to look at. However, Orangebottle didn't notice. He walked in. Dariush attempted to follow him, but the door slammed closed behind him as Orangebottle turns to look. You hear a rather loud noise, like a gate slamming closed.

Dariush tried to open the door, but it was back to its original stuck position.

It is now Night. Night ends in 24 hours or when all actions have been sent in. If you do not wish to action, please send me a PM saying so.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now: Webadict Edition - Night 0
« Reply #254 on: December 22, 2011, 07:25:20 pm »

So we can apparently post during the night.  What next, bros?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30