Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: Tribes:Ascend - Free to play FPS with ludicrous speed  (Read 36248 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Tribes:Ascend Beta
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2011, 03:22:14 pm »

Huh, it gave me more keys. Sent footkerchief and ductape keys.

I'm enjoying the infiltrator class. Not very good at it yet, but it's fun. I keep ending rounds with only like 0.5 kill ratio due to all the random deaths I keep getting from skiing into grenades or slamming into people going 200 and such. A class with more life is a little more forgiving there, heh. Getting in and blowing the generator, then taking out the guy trying to repair it with a knife in the back really makes all those worthwhile though. Should be much easier once I unlock the two -25% stealth cost upgrades so I don't have to unstealth so much.

Playing on that map with the two ships, I kept blowing the enemy radar and the enemy team kept repairing it. I got to where I'd skii by stealthed at 150 and drop a sticky grenade on the dish, then come back and knife whoever was trying to repair it.

Oh, and ductape, you don't have to order it to play it later. It's a free game, their business model is selling boosters and gold. With the beta key you can play it, and you can unlock classes with tokens just from playing. Spending money on it only lets you unlock classes immediately (gold) or doubles your xp/token gain (booster).
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 03:46:59 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Bilbo991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2011, 04:54:15 pm »

Excuse me, but if anyone has an extra beta key I would also love to have one.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2011, 05:16:53 pm »

O.O

As soon as I get my computer back into gear I gotta ask for a shot at this. I still consider Tribes 1 the best game of all time for me. A huge part of my childhood was in T1 and 2.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2011, 06:11:34 pm »

Excuse me, but if anyone has an extra beta key I would also love to have one.
Again, if your an escaped lunatic your probably not going to get a key.

We don't just hand out things to people who just signed up.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2011, 06:15:21 pm »

"We" aren't regdate elitists, so don't act like that.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2011, 06:16:40 pm »

"We" aren't regdate elitists, so don't do this.

You're on the B12 forums, and you don't consider yourself elitist? Theres something wrong with you.

We're like the epitome of elitism.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2011, 06:29:47 pm »

Holy shit, sticky grenades can stick to people! I just threw a sticky and stuck it on a guy's HEAD who was running in front of me. I'm not sure if he noticed it, he just kept walking until he exploded. There should totally be a special merit for sticking a sticky grenade to someone's head.

That was the first round as an infiltrator I got more kills than deaths, and a third of them were from sticking grenades to people. I even managed to tag one onto a jumper who was skiing past, I just stood there stealthed and stuck it on him as he flew by and he blew up a few seconds later.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2011, 06:35:05 pm »

Fair question: Was "hax" screamed at you at some point?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2011, 06:40:26 pm »

Any keys left or how i get in ?
Tribes 1 was a blast and this one sure sounds super fun time too.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2011, 06:44:12 pm »

"We" aren't regdate elitists, so don't do this.

You're on the B12 forums, and you don't consider yourself elitist? Theres something wrong with you.

We're like the epitome of elitism.
I always thought the general rule when it came to handing out free things such as giving away free games and beta keys was that you couldn't be an escaped lunatic. It's sort of to promote being an actual member of Bay12 and not just someone who just comes to get free stuff.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Bilbo991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2011, 06:55:01 pm »

Alright, I've lurked for a while and saw the thread so I made an account. I suppose it was worth a try.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2011, 07:05:57 pm »

I think blue plate special is just hitting them once with the spinfuser and killing them. Its usually light armoured targets that happens too.

I find travelling too fast (like 200km/h) really really difficult to keep up, like initial burst of speed then I hover around 150, I can't shoot _anything_ that fast

It's all about angle, like in ww2 era flight simulators. Hitting someone going parallel to you at 200 km/h is actually not that hard, but a high deflection shot take a lot of luck to pull off. The most fun is closing in on an unsuspecting player going fast and shanking him with melee. I actually prefer to zoom in at 200, hit a bump+jetpack to convert it to height and pick a target to stalk.

Holy shit, sticky grenades can stick to people! I just threw a sticky and stuck it on a guy's HEAD who was running in front of me. I'm not sure if he noticed it, he just kept walking until he exploded. There should totally be a special merit for sticking a sticky grenade to someone's head.

That was the first round as an infiltrator I got more kills than deaths, and a third of them were from sticking grenades to people. I even managed to tag one onto a jumper who was skiing past, I just stood there stealthed and stuck it on him as he flew by and he blew up a few seconds later.

Wow, this need a Fist of the North Star accolade.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 07:10:12 pm by Drakale »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2011, 07:52:29 pm »

Ooooh, jetpack combat, color me interested (that and TB did a nice video on this).
Would someone mind sparing a key for me sometimes after the next two weeks (internet is crap so I can't really play it right away).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2011, 08:23:22 pm »

Sent Imofexios and Bilbo991 keys.

He posted just to get the key, but eh, as long as people keep sending them to others its not a problem getting more - each person that downloads it automatically gets two more.

Bilbo991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2011, 08:34:17 pm »

Thanks much, and I'll give you my keys.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27