Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: Tribes:Ascend - Free to play FPS with ludicrous speed  (Read 36241 times)

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
Re: Tribes:Ascend Beta
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2011, 08:45:27 pm »

Sent Imofexios and Bilbo991 keys.

He posted just to get the key, but eh, as long as people keep sending them to others its not a problem getting more - each person that downloads it automatically gets two more.

I didn't get any extra keys to give to people.. :\
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2011, 09:17:18 pm »

So, if we can still ask for keys, can I request one?

Watched TB's video and it looks great, something that might be fun for a change.

lavenders2

• Bay Watcher
  • The cheese stands alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2011, 09:29:30 pm »

PM me if you have not received a key and you would like one! I will be sure to give on to you!!
Economies of scale: Dathominion Co.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2011, 10:02:11 pm »

Is this winbox only, or do I have a chance of getting on with my 'nix machine?

Wait why am I even asking the answer is no.

Saaaaad.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2011, 10:10:19 pm »

I tried Tribes 2 after it went open, and found it annoyingly difficult, but that may have been because only the old guard was left at that point.  I may have to look into giving the franchise another stab, though.

Again, if your an escaped lunatic your probably not going to get a key.

We don't just hand out things to people who just signed up.

"We" aren't regdate elitists, so don't do this.

You're on the B12 forums, and you don't consider yourself elitist? Theres something wrong with you.

We're like the epitome of elitism.
I always thought the general rule when it came to handing out free things such as giving away free games and beta keys was that you couldn't be an escaped lunatic. It's sort of to promote being an actual member of Bay12 and not just someone who just comes to get free stuff.

"They're more like guidelines than actual rules.  Arrr."  No reason to not be nice to the newbies, though, especially when there's apparently two more keys for every one given out.

KG
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 10:15:25 pm by kg333 »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 13, 2011, 01:11:09 am »

This is starting to piss me off... I die from my Nades at full health, they walk away without taking a lick of damage, we were same distance away from the thing....
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

lavenders2

• Bay Watcher
  • The cheese stands alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 13, 2011, 02:19:37 am »

Just sent my keys out!
Btw, there seem to be a fair amount of balance problems in the game, nades for one example. Nades are ridiculously overpowered in close quarters! They should be nerfed a bit so that all classes can survive these in one shot, because any kind of shooter that has one shot one kill in it is very cheesy
Economies of scale: Dathominion Co.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #142 on: December 13, 2011, 02:21:27 am »

I've been getting Into this! It's fun and totally makes me flash back to the old starsiege days. I unlocked the sniper which I sucked at of course, way underpowered. Then I unlocked the Juggernaut and rocked it out. On my first run with him I got 5 kills, 2 assists, 1 death.

Great time with this so far. I don't like Team Fortress, too cramped and it always dealt like everyone was spam spawning kamikaze madness. Still some of that here but much less. Maybe I just like the big open spaces, more room to maneuver and get tactical.
I got nothing

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 13, 2011, 02:36:49 am »

OK, maybe I was doing it wrong, but how did a Jagunaught get 3 lock on's onto me within 2 seconds of each shot. I can't get get one lock on. Whats the trick...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 13, 2011, 07:32:54 am »

Anyone got a spare key, I have a friend that wants to play...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 13, 2011, 08:46:48 am »

OK, maybe I was doing it wrong, but how did a Jagunaught get 3 lock on's onto me within 2 seconds of each shot. I can't get get one lock on. Whats the trick...

Well, one issue is that it is doombringers that get lock ons, not "Jagunaughts" Also you need to hop between cover relative to their position, it breaks the lock on.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 13, 2011, 09:55:58 am »

Well, one issue is that it is doombringers that get lock ons, not "Jagunaughts" Also you need to hop between cover relative to their position, it breaks the lock on.
Yeah realised that just now after playing... Still, I was near someone I was trying to lock onto, and never could, then a Doombringer on the other side comes along and locks onto me in seconds and kills me.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 13, 2011, 10:28:14 am »

Stop using your jetpack. DB's missiles are heat seeking.

Nades really arent overpowered when they have a delayed explosion and everyone on the battlefield is wearing a jetpack...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 13, 2011, 10:30:06 am »

Heeey. Speaking of grenades, are mines still around? I loved putting mines in hilariously awkward-to-find places that folks just happened to walk over regularly :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 13, 2011, 10:59:51 am »

O.O

As soon as I get my computer back into gear I gotta ask for a shot at this. I still consider Tribes 1 the best game of all time for me. A huge part of my childhood was in T1 and 2.
On the other hand I'm still stuck in the stone-age performance-wise, so this ain't happening.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27