Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87204 times)

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #1035 on: April 13, 2012, 10:33:50 pm »

A house laberine official hired us to take out house Trevian stuff in one of the Trevian systems. Instead, the warp they provided us warped us right here, one of the house Laberine territories.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: April 14, 2012, 02:25:19 am »

A house laberine official hired us to take out house Trevian stuff in one of the Trevian systems. Instead, the warp they provided us warped us right here, one of the house Laberine territories.
Then again, the mission data was provided by Helios, and A.I. that had tricked us before and apparently glitched out/went mad/killed itself.

"Okay, gather the rest of the weaponry, and bring it down here. And you (ebbor) see if you can't rig up some breaching charges, we'll need them if we want to save the others." With that done Zack turned, and rushed back up to the bridge where he took his seat, and began giving orders, "I want all Hammers loaded, fifteen missile tubes each loaded with interceptors to block incoming fire for each of the Hammers. Then load the rest with a mix of Gibbers, Interceptors, and load ten of them with Fighter Hunters. All non-essential personnel are to report to the cargo bay to arm up with the remainder of the weapons, and prepare for a rescue mission. Load the Railguns, and see if you can't modify the Point Defense Batteries to fire at twice their normal rate." With that done he cradled his head in his hands for a bit before heading to help with the PD Improvements.

Do above orders.

How much of those breaching charges do you want? Also, asking permission to dissassemble some misseles. Besides the sabotage drones are armed with welders, andshould be able to cut through the hulls.

Spoiler: Explosive charge A (click to show/hide)

Make 5 charges ( 1 interceptor rocket per charge)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:33:44 am by 10ebbor10 »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: April 14, 2012, 08:31:18 am »

"Well since we got the sabotage drones switch to charges for use inside the ships, if they put a door in our way I want to get it out of the way quickly."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: April 14, 2012, 08:32:13 am »

"Well since we got the sabotage drones switch to charges for use inside the ships, if they put a door in our way I want to get it out of the way quickly."
I guess you will want smaller charges then.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: April 14, 2012, 08:33:35 am »

((When I first saw those I was wondering whether you wanted to blow the innards of the ship to hell, or what :P))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: April 14, 2012, 08:54:52 am »

((When I first saw those I was wondering whether you wanted to blow the innards of the ship to hell, or what :P))
((Well the fuel bomb would have probably done that.))

Also, now that we're not using the rocket fuel, maybe we should equip the boarding scout drone with them. (Flamethrowers for the win)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: April 14, 2012, 09:03:22 am »

Might as well, so sure lets do it, Initiate Project: SKR (AKA SUPER KILLER ROBO)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: April 15, 2012, 01:06:40 am »

Wow, just got done reading all of this.  This thread is epic.

Also I think now is a really nice time to try for more diplomacy. 

Either that or leave the system, and never take on unknown AI's again.  I'm thinking Helios was planning this pretty much all along.  Or the virus it claimed to have contained in fact took over immediately.

Either way it seems doubtful to me that we could take on TWO military destroyers.  However, its possible they already discharged all of their missiles, which was mentioned early on I think.  If thats the case we want to attack as soon as possible before they can rearm.

Choices, choices...

e: Now that I think of it, its high fucking time we take back our cargo ship.  I'd be willing to bet they launched everything and want to try to rearm before taking us on again.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 01:14:11 am by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: April 15, 2012, 12:43:08 pm »

You guys just flew all the way around the sun.  I think they've had time to reload their missile tubes.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: April 15, 2012, 04:54:11 pm »

If you mean from their cargo holds, maybe.  They don't exactly have a station to resupply at though.  They launched a fucktonne of missiles so its possible they are pretty low and are waiting for more ammo.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: April 15, 2012, 05:42:56 pm »

Its a military vessel. It most certainly has an insane amount of missiles on board. When I earlier said we could win, it would be because our missile output is insanely high and we would over power that way.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: April 15, 2012, 05:46:50 pm »

Eh, if you guys think we could only overpower them through massive missile output we shouldn't have fallen back.  Now we are right where we started except without the flarewise and short 200 or so interceptors.

I mean we managed to accidentally kill 450 civilians but that doesn't really count right?

e: Anyways unless the OP contradicts the massive amounts of missile thing I guess its a better idea to pull back more than anything at this point.  I was under the impression that they had fired almost everything from what I read earlier.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 05:51:35 pm by QuakeIV »
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: April 24, 2012, 08:53:49 pm »

Eh, if you guys think we could only overpower them through massive missile output we shouldn't have fallen back.  Now we are right where we started except without the flarewise and short 200 or so interceptors.

I mean we managed to accidentally kill 450 civilians but that doesn't really count right?

e: Anyways unless the OP contradicts the massive amounts of missile thing I guess its a better idea to pull back more than anything at this point.  I was under the impression that they had fired almost everything from what I read earlier.

We're not trying to outright kill them all.

Now that we're not going to be decimated while we open talks, we can work it out without either party being destroyed.

Anyways unless the OP contradicts the massive amounts of missile thing I guess its a better idea to pull back more than anything at this point.  I was under the impression that they had fired almost everything from what I read earlier.

... We have pulled back. We're not in range to shoot, but neither are they. We probably have another salvo, they only might. We could overpower them, probably, but it would be risky and extremely bad for our reputation in this territory. That's why I want to resolve this through diplomacy.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: April 27, 2012, 12:41:09 pm »

Poke

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: April 27, 2012, 02:37:06 pm »

I read this story a while ago, and suggested to go in guns blazing... Well, it could have been worse... Anyways, we are fucked. Firestar cant warp out of system, we are officially enemy's with the biggest law enforcement agency, and they outgun us 100 to 1. We should just save the pain and turn ourselves in.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71