Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87182 times)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #1020 on: April 13, 2012, 08:14:40 pm »

Load everything!

No.
OOC: Made me laugh. Just to note, we store our missiles in the tubes, so they're basically already loaded...

Okay new idea. Load all small missiles! and a few other larger ones in the event of shuttles or something unforeseen.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: April 13, 2012, 08:31:49 pm »

(Yeah, the Firestar's missiles are stored in the tubes unless there aren't enough tubes. Although 400 tubes is a little overkill, methinks.)
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 13, 2012, 08:39:15 pm »

Load everything!

No.
OOC: Made me laugh. Just to note, we store our missiles in the tubes, so they're basically already loaded...

Okay new idea. Load all small missiles! and a few other larger ones in the event of shuttles or something unforeseen.
OOC: Just load them in the order I described the rest are for back up since I don't want you going crazy and saying launch everything, and having it happen. We don't need to waste every missile we got in one go, they can sit, and we can reload as needed. Plus I need those I haven't listed to stay where they are I have a few plans to enact, and the missiles not in the orders is important.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 13, 2012, 08:57:17 pm »

(Yeah, the Firestar's missiles are stored in the tubes unless there aren't enough tubes. Although 400 tubes is a little overkill, methinks.)
We are an unknown type of super badass warship. You can never have enough missile tubes. /OOC

"Zack, we are going to face two destroyers who are fully loaded. They are military, they will not hold back their missiles and we should be prepared for this. My last overkill with missiles got us away from them totally unscratched mind you..

All I suggested was to open up comms and try the diplomatic solution since killing our friends isn't a good idea, and to fully protect ourselves when we inevitably go back. I don't see why your becoming hostile. Also would you mind sharing these plans with the rest of the crew?"
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:02:52 pm by Immortal »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 13, 2012, 09:18:27 pm »

We are an unknown type of super badass warship. You can never have enough missile tubes. /OOC

(To quote the OP, we're a "Sudden Striker". Massive frontal bombardment, and the armor to back it up... from the front, at least. We get flanked, we're in deep trouble. I would think that with the railguns in spinal mounts and 400 tubes, this thing is designed to bombard planets and leave the entire surface uninhabitable..)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: April 13, 2012, 09:32:00 pm »

True. Though never having enough missile tubes was the main concern there. Since you kinda of mentioned it, we should consider armouring the Firestar when we get the chance.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 13, 2012, 09:36:32 pm »

"Yes, but even with a full payload launched we're massively outgunned, and outnumbered our only choice is to outsmart the opponent, and attacking them head on risks more lives then we need to. Instead of charging all out, and guns blazing style lets try a strategic plan, use the missiles I haven't managed as supplies for a trap. Take the thrusters and tanks from the missiles, and attach them to the largest chunk of debris to knock it out of its orbit, and while they try to stop it from hitting the surface we swoop in, neutralize any threats, get our guys back, and get out. When we're leaving we can cover our trail by using the remainder of the missiles to blow up the asteroids, and debris in our paths to pieces launching them into the path of missiles, fighters, and their destroyers thus giving us time to escape."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: April 13, 2012, 09:47:45 pm »

True. Though never having enough missile tubes was the main concern there. Since you kinda of mentioned it, we should consider armouring the Firestar when we get the chance.

(Do you remember that armor system that was mentioned on the Flarewise when we got it? The one that automatically replaced damaged panels with ones in the hold? I think we should get that for the Firestar, maybe even replace the front armor with it. It would be significantly thicker armor plates than what's on the Flarewise, though.)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 13, 2012, 09:59:11 pm »

"So how do we get our crew off their ships, while those ships are chasing an asteroid? They also have no reason to chase that asteroid because their installation is hardened against such things..

We need to just open a comm channel and be careful with our words now that he isn't holding a gun to our heads. He is a reasonable guy, but we blew up a whole station of his people. We now have the opportunity to calmly talk this out, lets use it.
Also I believe the Firestar could have taken those ships before quite well. We could have fired all missiles at once, and I bet those destroyers do not have near 400 tubes."

Pyro - Fully agree!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: April 13, 2012, 10:07:57 pm »

"Yes, but even with the hardening some of those asteroids are massive, and could cause some serious damage to the sruface area of the world which could lead to structural weaknesses and such in their installations, they can't honestly risk letting it be. As for getting them off the ship that is easy, we get Urist to take over the ship they are on, and bring it to a halt, and assist us in freeing them before we run. As my last point it doesn't matter we that we can launch 400 missiles, once we breach their anti-missile defenses that number will have dwindled to somewhere between 50-150. Then those have to get back the Point Defense, and we'll still lose. You know why we took them quite well, they weren't expecting a ship with barely any active functions to launch a massive barrage at them. I'm not saying we skip the diplomacy, but we need a contingency plan for if we fail in convincing him."

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 13, 2012, 10:19:16 pm »

Are there surface installations?  I thought it was just the station.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: April 13, 2012, 10:21:01 pm »

(The stuff on the surface is why we came in the first place...)

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 13, 2012, 10:25:01 pm »

(The stuff on the surface is why we came in the first place...)
You mean the House Trevian listening posts?
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: April 13, 2012, 10:27:22 pm »

It would be, but instead we're in house Laberine territory. We were hired to do this job by them, btw.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: April 13, 2012, 10:32:35 pm »

It would be, but instead we're in house Laberine territory. We were hired to do this job by them, btw.
Hired by who, exactly?
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71