Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87460 times)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #300 on: January 13, 2012, 11:00:16 pm »

Inquire to hiring of some programmers who may be able to help in the development of our ships OS, or some software we may incorporate if there is any around.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 14, 2012, 03:10:35 am »

Destroy a stolen cargo vessel in the scrapfield which is carrying dangerous cargo

Coincidence?
Inquire about this contract, whit a bit of luck(an a really dumb pirate/hacker) this is an attempt to let someone else blow up the evidence of the drone attack on the cargo vessel.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 14, 2012, 08:36:48 am »

To the stranger, the crewman says, "...and I'm deeply curious what business an obvious outsider like you has in the Tabien system. If you'd care to enlighten me, I might be willing to do the same."
"I'm Juilius Cershin, captain of the military destroyer in dock. I have yet to figure out who I pissed off to get me assigned to guarding this station  though,"

Inquire to hiring of some programmers who may be able to help in the development of our ships OS, or some software we may incorporate if there is any around.
You can hire a number of hackers who sould make quick work of the task for 1500 credits or you can go back and get the hard disks with the cargo ship's operating system and deconstruct that.

Coincidence?
Inquire about this contract, whit a bit of luck(an a really dumb pirate/hacker) this is an attempt to let someone else blow up the evidence of the drone attack on the cargo vessel.
The client is frugal on details but what you do get is that it's description sounds very like your cargo ship.
The client also mentions an unidentified ship and admits to only having mangled sensor data of it.

LostCosmonaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 14, 2012, 08:38:56 am »

Acquire more details to confirm that it is your cargo ship.

If it is, strip everything valuable out of the ship, leaving pretty much just an empty shell. Blow up the shell, collect money, sell cargo ship components for salvage/scrap.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 14, 2012, 11:53:20 am »

I'm pretty sure the ship is worth more intact than it is in parts, and payment for this task probably won't even the gap. We could see how much we could get for it whole and how much we could get for the parts plus the mission payment, and compare, I guess. Anyway, inquire as to why the ship needs to be destroyed.
"I'm Juilius Cershin, captain of the military destroyer in dock. I have yet to figure out who I pissed off to get me assigned to guarding this station  though,"
"Ah, well, believe it or not, we just found that thing in the nearby scrapyard. We figure it must be an old, obsolete war vessel that the military just dumped there because they had no use for it anymore. We couldn't find any information about it on the ship except it's name, which was printed on the side."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 14, 2012, 03:42:55 pm »

I'm pretty sure the ship is worth more intact than it is in parts, and payment for this task probably won't even the gap. We could see how much we could get for it whole and how much we could get for the parts plus the mission payment, and compare, I guess. Anyway, inquire as to why the ship needs to be destroyed.
The Firestar doesn't have much cargo space (cargo space being something completely abstracted because I've given myself enough numbers to keep an eye on, so long as something isn't too big or there isn't too much of it it'll fit in the Firestar's hold) and the cargo ship is a dedicated hauler in the same weight class as the Firestar with a full load of cargo.
You don't have enough room for the ship's cargo or it's internal components.
Besides ships are expensive but in Tabien with it's scrapfield/shipgraveyard ship parts are dirt cheap.

The reward for the contract is 4,230 credits (you can purchase a new merchant ship for about 150,000 credits and could probably sell one second hand for about half that or more if you get a good buyer)
As you press the client for more details the client becomes more evasive.
Though it is mentioned that the cargo ship is a smuggler ship which picks up illegal goods stashed by another vessel somewhere in the scrapfield and that it's only one item that the client considers extreamly dangerous.
What that item is or why it's dangerous is never said but the client warns you if you are to take the contract or meet the cargo vessel you should shut down your comns immediately.

"Ah, well, believe it or not, we just found that thing in the nearby scrapyard. We figure it must be an old, obsolete war vessel that the military just dumped there because they had no use for it anymore. We couldn't find any information about it on the ship except it's name, which was printed on the side."
"Odd, most military vessels are supposed to be disassembled and used as raw materials when they're retired from service and yet I figure you're telling the truth. I was a little worried someone was somehow building warships without us knowing. I guess it's just deacades old failure to abide by protocol which like always will be ignored. My supperiors won't be happy you've got one of their old toys even though you've done nothing wrong by taking it," he pauses for a moment "Actualy I'm not even sure what make it is, it mightn't have been made by us at all... Still what do you plan to do with it now if I may ask?"

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 14, 2012, 04:43:47 pm »

Inquire how much the client will pay and if he will pay part of it in advance. Make sure you'r talkings with someone on the station. Try to find out  where he is.

How much was the bonus for finding out who controlled the drones?
Is giving the location of the person enough, or do we need to kill/capture him/her/it.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 14, 2012, 05:09:32 pm »

Inquire how much the client will pay and if he will pay part of it in advance. Make sure you'r talkings with someone on the station. Try to find out  where he is.

How much was the bonus for finding out who controlled the drones?
Is giving the location of the person enough, or do we need to kill/capture him/her/it.
The client refuses to pay any money in advance but his/her/it's/their responses are coming too fast not to be coming from on the station.
Further more the messages are coming through the station messaging system which should be secure but that means you can't pin down the position of the client.

It was never specified other than a statement that it would be generous.
The identity and/or location is enough.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 14, 2012, 09:41:59 pm »

"Odd, most military vessels are supposed to be disassembled and used as raw materials when they're retired from service and yet I figure you're telling the truth. I was a little worried someone was somehow building warships without us knowing. I guess it's just deacades old failure to abide by protocol which like always will be ignored. My supperiors won't be happy you've got one of their old toys even though you've done nothing wrong by taking it," he pauses for a moment "Actualy I'm not even sure what make it is, it mightn't have been made by us at all... Still what do you plan to do with it now if I may ask?"
"We're trying to make what money we can doing odd-jobs. The last job we did was destroying some drones that had been improperly disposed of."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 14, 2012, 10:23:01 pm »

Can we transmit a copy of the cargoship OS to the firestar computers to be worked on? If so do that.

I kind of disagree with Kadzar, tell them "we want to just help the people around the Tabien system and make a profit doing so. Were just seeking some action in space."

See if we can trace where the "client" is located in the station. Ask for distinguishable markings for the cargo ship so we can make sure we have the right ship to destroy when we find it (but go compare it to our ship).

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 15, 2012, 03:58:37 am »

Can we transmit a copy of the cargoship OS to the firestar computers to be worked on? If so do that.

I kind of disagree with Kadzar, tell them "we want to just help the people around the Tabien system and make a profit doing so. Were just seeking some action in space."

See if we can trace where the "client" is located in the station. Ask for distinguishable markings for the cargo ship so we can make sure we have the right ship to destroy when we find it (but go compare it to our ship).
The cargoship OS is quarantained and probably infected with a virus. So no touching that.
How much ships are currently docked at the station.
+Since location is good enough, why don't we just tell our client the person is on the Tabien station and get the bonus.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 15, 2012, 08:19:38 am »

How much ships are currently docked at the station.
+Since location is good enough, why don't we just tell our client the person is on the Tabien station and get the bonus.
There are fifteen.
Four merchant vessels, eight scavangers, one prospector ship and two destroyers (the lance and the Firestar)
There are an unknown number of smaller craft like shuttles though.
The client for the drone job says the information that the perpetrator is on Tabien station is useful and he will pay you for it but there are at least a thousand people on Tabien and he wonders if you can narrow it down a bit.
You can ethier accept 2000 credits now and leave the rest to the client or dig deeper in the hopes of a bigger reward.
"we want to just help the people around the Tabien system and make a profit doing so. Were just seeking some action in space."

"Don't kid yourself altruism isn't something you see often in space these days and I don't care how many pirates you kill, how much you destroy to help others when you leave here things will be exactly the same. Progress cannot come from death," he looked down into the empty glass in his hand "Maybe I've had enough I'm starting to get ramblely again...Nah, Barkeep! Another please! The booze her is rubbish but it's better than sitting on my ship twiddling my thumbs,"

You can't trace the client without hacking the messaging system which if you're caught doing will get you kicked off the station.
The said client finialy gives up the markings for the ship confirming that it is indeed the same cargo ship as the one you have.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 15, 2012, 11:08:51 am »

Mention to the officer at the bar about our situation with the client who wants us to blow up the ship. See if the officer will help us get the location of the client. The client gave us proof since he gave us definite markings on our cargo ship. Buy him another drink, get codes out of his or something.

To the other players, what are we doing with that cargo ship? Are we going to cover it in weapons? Use it for storage or sell it? It would be worth a large amount of missiles for the Firestar..

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 15, 2012, 02:01:07 pm »

Mention to the officer at the bar about our situation with the client who wants us to blow up the ship. See if the officer will help us get the location of the client. The client gave us proof since he gave us definite markings on our cargo ship. Buy him another drink, get codes out of his or something.
"Let me get this straight; you think a client contacting you about destroying a ship is the same guy responsible for hacking some drones. Things, things are never that simple, almost always there is something more going on. Me I'm used to it, I'm military being an uninformed pawn is part of the job description. A few tips for hiss situation though; never accept a job about destroying something like this unless they can give you proof of ownership, you'd be surprised how often this stolen ships tend not to actualy be stolen; if you expect wrong doing report it to the proper authorities and don't sellout/handover criminals to private citizens, no vigilantism, upholding the law and protecting the peace is our. The big problem these days isn't even pirates, it's this attidude of oh we've got guns we don't need anthing like due process we can solve all our problems ourselves." he sighes heavily before launching into an angry rant "Every year space gets more violent, more dangerous because this vigilante bullshit winds up killing innocent people. Innocent people's families turn to vigilantism to avenege their fallen family rather than go through proper channels. It's an unending vicious cycle that continues to get worse ignored by the CoIW as they pose for the united sol league. Continued poseing that has me and my crew here guarding against impossible USL incursion instead of doing anything that's actualy useful,"
His new drink arrives and he gulps half of it down in one go.
This appears to calm him down almost instantly.
"I tell you what" he says suddenly relaxed again "You give me all the details of why you think this guys behind the drone thing and I'll pass them on to the head of station security, they'll find 'em in seconds. I'll get my guys and see if we can find this extreamly dangerous cargo ship because it sounds like it's not something that's ok to ignore or leave to private citizens,"

(Note: I assumed you didn't want to tell him about the cargo ship you have no legal claim to and hasn't even be reported missing so that part was left out)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 15, 2012, 03:28:45 pm »

What happened to the client who had us capture the cargo ship from the pirates? I feel like I'm missing something.. Who legally owns the stupid cargo ship?

Contact the client who wants the cargo ship destroyed. Ask him what kind of ownership he has on the ship he wants us to destroy.

Jerick - Your doing a great job as GM, I was quite sad when I thought this game had died.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 03:31:06 pm by Immortal »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 71