Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87478 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #315 on: January 15, 2012, 03:47:53 pm »

This is different cargoship than the one we captured from the pirates. We just found this one in the scrapyard.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 15, 2012, 04:23:34 pm »

So this is the one that was sending out the signal to the drones? Either way I'm kinda happy taking the 2000 credits and our new cargo ship if you guys are..

Lets get some fuel while I think of it, say top up the tank to 3500 units.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 15, 2012, 04:29:08 pm »

What happened to the client who had us capture the cargo ship from the pirates? I feel like I'm missing something.. Who legally owns the stupid cargo ship?

Contact the client who wants the cargo ship destroyed. Ask him what kind of ownership he has on the ship he wants us to destroy.
Your not sure who legaly owns the ship so you go looking through the ship registry.
Apperantly it's owned by a small shiping firm; Earl Cargo, which on close inspection turns out not to actualy exist.
It's a dummy company.

Interestingly the client can provide you with creditials that look geninue that state he's the CEO of Earl Cargo.
You're apparently dealing with a mister Ferris Galliger.

Jerick - Your doing a great job as GM, I was quite sad when I thought this game had died.
:D Thank you very much.
Don't worry about this dieing, sometimes life will get in the way of me posting but I'll all ways come back to it once I get the chance.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 15, 2012, 04:54:18 pm »

Hmm can we find out where he lives in the station with that? or if any ships currently docked are under his name?

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 15, 2012, 05:03:14 pm »

One of the merchant vessels is his yes.

Fuel bought
Spoiler: Nav computer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Firestar status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cargo Vessel (click to show/hide)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 15, 2012, 06:31:16 pm »

Arm up our best men and go scout out the ship. Ask our client if he wants him dead or alive. Either way be crafty, bribe the security, hack the ship airlock, EVA around the station to the ship, do whatever of those things required to do this. Get in there and take care of him..

Question. Do we have between our tools on the Firestar and the cargo of our new cargo ship the ability to add turret mounts to the Firestar?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:44:10 pm by Immortal »

Deamonpies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 15, 2012, 06:42:58 pm »

What does the System Damage: Negelected mean under the firestarters info mean?

Does it mean that we haven't bothered checking it out? or that everything is fine?

Or is it just in need of some care and attention?

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #322 on: January 16, 2012, 04:33:08 am »

Arm up our best men and go scout out the ship. Ask our client if he wants him dead or alive. Either way be crafty, bribe the security, hack the ship airlock, EVA around the station to the ship, do whatever of those things required to do this. Get in there and take care of him..

Question. Do we have between our tools on the Firestar and the cargo of our new cargo ship the ability to add turret mounts to the Firestar?

Nooooooooo. Do not fuck with the station security, way more trouble than they're worth.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 16, 2012, 06:45:41 am »

Well the heavy machinery on the cargo ship are mostly factory machines and have thus far haven't been examined much and the station has always had access to advanced tools.
So the answer is still;
You can try if you like but it will involve rebuilding a small bit of the hull, risks damage to some of the ships non essential systems and will take a lot of time and effort.

What does the System Damage: Negelected mean under the firestarters info mean?

Does it mean that we haven't bothered checking it out? or that everything is fine?

Or is it just in need of some care and attention?
It's been sitting for over a decade lost in a junk pile, dirt and grime clogs relays, things have fallen out of place, moving parts have jammed.
It's still in way better condition than you'd expect a ship left in space so long would be.
So it's just in need of some care and attention but you're limited crew haven't had much time to do some of the countless minor repairs the Firestar needs.

Deamonpies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 16, 2012, 08:12:42 am »

It's been sitting for over a decade lost in a junk pile, dirt and grime clogs relays, things have fallen out of place, moving parts have jammed.
It's still in way better condition than you'd expect a ship left in space so long would be.
So it's just in need of some care and attention but you're limited crew haven't had much time to do some of the countless minor repairs the Firestar needs.

Ah ok then, well I think we should a few more crew, seeing as how we lost a few. and then spend some time to check out and fix any small problems that might have occured in the decade thats passed.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 16, 2012, 10:48:19 pm »

We can take care of that after. Angle, why? I didn't say screw with them, I only said bribe. I also gave soo many options, I figured they wouldn't force the bribe? Just see if they take it. Worst was "Ohh no, a guard hates me now and were watched closer now".

My previous move stands..

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #326 on: January 16, 2012, 11:37:05 pm »

We're already in an unregistered warship; we're sketchy enough as it is. If we attract to much attention they might decide to stop ignoring us. And THAT would be trouble.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 17, 2012, 12:16:01 am »

Okay so just dont try to play with the security. Do everything else, or suggest how we get at that guy..

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #328 on: January 17, 2012, 12:28:18 am »

Do we even know he's in the ship? And if we do, we still shouldn't fuck around near the station. Wait for them to leave and follow them until they're out of range of the station, we have a very fast ship. Also consider getting license, it's only a matter of time until we get fucked for that.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 17, 2012, 05:18:52 am »

Ah ok then, well I think we should a few more crew, seeing as how we lost a few. and then spend some time to check out and fix any small problems that might have occured in the decade thats passed.

Mercenaries;
Three man security team equiped with light armour and assualt rifles; Served as security for four years in a major firm before going freelance; 250 for three week contract
Pilot without a fighter; ex pirate having served jail time; 100 for three week contract
Pilot with armed shuttle; boasts about seven downed fighters but no paperwork to back up any of his claims; 400 for standard contract (four week)
Doctor with basic equipment and an smg; trained combat medic; 150 for standard contract
Spacers(a renewable reasource); act as basic crewmen; 10 credits per spacer per week
How many do you want?

While you look through the available crew for hire the rest of the crew make use of the time to make repairs to the systems.
It's time consuming work but offers no major hurdles.
Except the two crew men arguing about what to do about the guy responsible for the drones.
Since they seem to be at an impass the rest of the crew doesn't get involved.

Instead of continuing the argument one of them decides to head off and get the ship registered.
It takes hours to get through the paperwork and they'll probably send it back to you as incomplete because of misspelled word or something because they're infuratingly pendantic about things like that.
Delivering it to the registry office you learn something intresting;
The ship registry database is temporarily offline due to a sucsessful intrusion, they intend to find the vunlerability before bringing it online again.
Still they take your forms and promise to process them when they can.
They also give you a transponder that identifies your ship as unregistered but with a registration application pending and a unquie id code.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 71