Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87195 times)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #1005 on: April 10, 2012, 10:42:47 pm »

Alright I agree, we should make a retreat to the far side of the sun. Full speed on Julius's response.

"Crew of the Flarewise go silent. Appear to abandon ship, We will come back around for you.

We need to keep the trap though and fight if they attack. Keep all weapons online if the last diplomacy attempt fails. I say we modify and drop a nuke for remote detonation immediately.. they won't see it coming."

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 11, 2012, 11:35:28 am »

A barrage of transmissions flood in all at once swamping the comns console
"...Can anybody hear me? DO NOT FIRE ON THIS SHUTTLE!"
      "Julius, I'm already off the Firestar...did not do ourselves, but could have prevented!"
"...crewmen aboard the Firestar, this is Zack and I am now taking over as the captain of this ship...Prepare missile tubes one through one-hundred and fifty for long range bombardment, and all drones are to be launched."
    "Listen up if you want to survive! Alright heres the exact plan men. We can not jump...All power to point defense! Fire more interceptors then needed, do not let any of our ships get hit!..."
"Julius, you'll soon see that I mean what I say."
   "...evasive maneuvers! Once those destroyers are in range and we have our window we will need to act fast..."
"THE PEOPLE WHO HIRED US WERE HOUSE LABERINE OFFICIALS AND SENT US HERE, SAYING IT WAS A HOUSE TREVIAN OUTPOST."
    "Fighters in position at the platforms! Make your move once their in the trap. Open fire the rail guns and cannons once those destroyer come in range! Do not hold back people!"
"Julius, hear me now: I have wanted none of this. But if I have to put my body in front of my friends committing even more bloodshed today, even if such requires their sacrifice as well, so be it. But I do not want any more innocent lives destroyed for a meaningless venture."
       "Arjen what are you doing? That won't help anybody!"
"Flarewise, open up with lasers when we do. Main priority is taking out incoming missiles with those lasers. Secondary is firing on them. Launch all fighters immediately!"
"Oh shi-"
     "..You'll be killing your friends! Convince them to stand down and talk it out with us and there will be no more bloodshed. Do not raise arms against your crew mates!"
"...all crew members shut off power to everything but the essentials, and point defense."

Missiles were launching from the weapon platforms as their laser turrets and point defences opened up on everything in range.
The Firestars fighters seperated out as half of them left the combat area and the others headed to engage the enemy.
Railgun shells fly past the Firestar as it turns to run and missiles spew forth from the two destroyer's prows.
The weapon platforms fire indiscriminatly hitting the Firestar's fighters, scorching the lance destroyers armour and pounding each other.
A beam weapon mounted on one of the platforms rakes the side of the unarmoured Flarewise causing them to lose atmosphere on three decks.
The Firestar fires it engines as over a hundred interceptors launch to defend it from the destroyers missiles.
Hundreds of missiles collide in the space between the ships.
The military missiles are newer with some dropping flares to throw off the interceptors, others release small counter missiles but there are too many interceptors and nothing makes it through.
Arjen's shuttle accelerated towards the Firestar his plea for peace almost drowned out in the storm of paniced transmissions.
As Anderson and all the crewmemebers who had boarded the shuttle only to cram into it's escape pod watched Arjen's shuttle took a glancing hit from a laser turret.
Spinning out of control Arjen could hear the dreaded hiss of escaping air and the desprate cries of the shuttle's alarms as system after system failed.
At high speed the shuttle clipped the Firestar sending the small cargo mover tumbling into space.
"Disable the weapon platforms and get that shuttle recovered immediatly! Arjen can you hear me!"
The Firestar pulls away from the two destroyers and realising they can't catch up they turn their attention to the wounded and powered down Flarewise and launch shuttles loaded with marines.

As the Firestar leaves the combat zone it leaves behind it's fighters and drones and abandones the Flarewise to the two destroyers.

Spoiler: Nav computer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Firestar status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flarewise (click to show/hide)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 11, 2012, 11:57:14 am »

Finish putting on that EVA suit sharpish. The shuttle going into vacuum won't improve my situation. If the suit has a locator beacon on it, activate it.

If the comms are still active, open it to all parties in the area. Use the EVA suit if needed.

"You mad people. I tried to avert this evitable conflict to stop more from dying, but it appears that I have failed. At this point, I don't care who picks me up, so long as both sides stop hurling missiles at each other. I'll talk more later. And, do hurry. The shuttle is leaking air and I don't know how long these EVA suits can go. Arjen Ross out."

Wait for someone, anyone to pick me up. If it's the Firestar crew, berate them for not making good on the order to power down except for point defense and clogging the comms with chatter. If it's Julius, berate him a bit for his rash decision, but go along without trouble.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 12:51:11 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 11, 2012, 03:14:38 pm »

"Keep running until we find a place to hide, once we do shut down all nonessential systems except for point-defense turrets." Zack told the helmsman as he put his head in his hands for a moment. Turning to Scott he said, "I want you to organize the efforts to hunt down, and destroy this AI killer program, until we find it no one enters, or leaves this ship, and all access to the outside world will be cut off. Order everyone to strict radio silence, any orders to be given should be done so by word of mouth. Lets hope we can destroy this thing, and get back in time to save our comrades, if its not destroyed or found in an hour we are going back to attempt a rescue mission." With that he stood up, and began making his way back to the Cargo Bay.

Head to the Cargo Bay, and organize the remaining engineers to begin work on the scout drone. Reinforce the armor, enhance the fuel tank, adapt it a pair of spider-like legs for mobility inside of ships, and arm it with eight SMGs, and the largest munitions box/feed they can make.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 11, 2012, 03:29:07 pm »

"Keep running until we find a place to hide, once we do shut down all nonessential systems except for point-defense turrets." Zack told the helmsman as he put his head in his hands for a moment. Turning to Scott he said, "I want you to organize the efforts to hunt down, and destroy this AI killer program, until we find it no one enters, or leaves this ship, and all access to the outside world will be cut off. Order everyone to strict radio silence, any orders to be given should be done so by word of mouth. Lets hope we can destroy this thing, and get back in time to save our comrades, if its not destroyed or found in an hour we are going back to attempt a rescue mission." With that he stood up, and began making his way back to the Cargo Bay.

Head to the Cargo Bay, and organize the remaining engineers to begin work on the scout drone. Reinforce the armor, enhance the fuel tank, adapt it a pair of spider-like legs for mobility inside of ships, and arm it with eight SMGs, and the largest munitions box/feed they can make.
"That drone'll do the job, though it's going to be quite hard to get it inside the ship. I had something for that though.
Ah, there it is. The Sabotage drone. This one should be able to get it through the hull. Sadly we don't really have the proper materials, but it 'll have to do.

Reengineer 2 crawler drones to the earlier mentioned sabotage drones. ( SMg armed, capable of cutting through hull and important wires)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 13, 2012, 02:06:30 pm »

Hmm...

Just wondering here, is there any kind of time limitation on being in an EVA suit?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: April 13, 2012, 02:19:49 pm »

Hmm...

Just wondering here, is there any kind of time limitation on being in an EVA suit?
Untill the oxygen runs out.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 13, 2012, 05:05:47 pm »

The Firestar escapes the pursing destroyers and makes it to the far side of the star where there are several spots you can hide in: The small moon of a large planet, the orbiting debris field or an asteroid belt.
Meanwhile marines board the Flarewise and capture the crew almost unopposed, the few crew members who got hold of some of the small arms were quickly dealt with by the better equiped and better trained soldiers.
The shuttle's escape pod and the shuttle itself are recovered by Julius.
Everone is brounght to the brig but are assured it's probably only temporary while they figure things out.

Hmm...

You have 48 hours until it's power runs out and it stops reproccessing your air.

You and a couple of other engineers hurry down to the cargo bay to modifiy the socut drone into a walking gun toting weapon.
You enlarge it's tank, add more armour, give it legs and strap lots of guns to it.
It's now much heavier and consquently slower to manuver.

Reengineer 2 crawler drones to the earlier mentioned sabotage drones. ( SMg armed, capable of cutting through hull and important wires)
After rebuilding the crawler drones into sabotage drones you find your small supply of small arms is out of SMGs.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 13, 2012, 05:16:37 pm »

"Okay, gather the rest of the weaponry, and bring it down here. And you (ebbor) see if you can't rig up some breaching charges, we'll need them if we want to save the others." With that done Zack turned, and rushed back up to the bridge where he took his seat, and began giving orders, "I want all Hammers loaded, fifteen missile tubes each loaded with interceptors to block incoming fire for each of the Hammers. Then load the rest with a mix of Gibbers, Interceptors, and load ten of them with Fighter Hunters. All non-essential personnel are to report to the cargo bay to arm up with the remainder of the weapons, and prepare for a rescue mission. Load the Railguns, and see if you can't modify the Point Defense Batteries to fire at twice their normal rate." With that done he cradled his head in his hands for a bit before heading to help with the PD Improvements.

Do above orders.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 13, 2012, 06:39:42 pm »

See if one of Julius' people would be willing to let me use the comms to tell the others to get back here peaceably so we can sort this all out faster.

(48 hours? Damn those suits are good. No matter now that I've been picked up, though.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 06:42:41 pm by PyroDesu »

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 13, 2012, 07:31:34 pm »

Meta-gaming is bad, but I would assume our friend are captured anyways since that only makes sense..
We can't fight our way back into this, when we ran we screwed it all up.
We won't survive the encounter unless we can talk it out and have this go peacefully.

..Or we can just blow up everything like we should have the first time. Just now we would be blowing up our crew, and that's bad for morale.

edit:spelling
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:07:31 pm by Immortal »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: April 13, 2012, 07:41:06 pm »

(( I'm not meta-gaming, and I plan on trying to talk this out first, and prevent more useless bloodshed ))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 13, 2012, 07:54:32 pm »

(I'm trying really, really hard not to metagame right now. Apparently I have some issues with that.)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 13, 2012, 08:07:13 pm »

Haha, I meant for that meta-gaming comment to apply to me. Sorry for the confusion.

Anyways lets remove that virus. Do we have a ship-os replacement?
If not screw the virus. Lets open up long range comms to Julius and try to talk.
Load everything!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: April 13, 2012, 08:09:31 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 71