Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What is the largest population of dwarves anyone has ever had?  (Read 5998 times)

astianax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What is the largest population of dwarves anyone has ever had?
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2011, 04:33:57 pm »

another way to help combat the fps death for larger numbers of units is to go with a simplified clothing modification. several modders have taken this up, usually with varying themes on bodysuits, jumpsuits, or overalls, a one-piece outfit that covers everything but the head and maybe hands (you may still want shoes/boots, too, to be safe.)  a few people had tested the hit on clothing to framerate and it seems to be a major one, trying to keep track of the locations of all 30ish items each dwarf, goblin, or whatever on your map is or was wearing

i'd say, if you were aiming for that 3000 dorf fort someone mentioned, simplified clothes will prob'ly be a really, really good thing

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2011, 06:13:03 pm »

another way to help combat the fps death for larger numbers of units is to go with a simplified clothing modification. several modders have taken this up, usually with varying themes on bodysuits, jumpsuits, or overalls, a one-piece outfit that covers everything but the head and maybe hands

If would have to be a "Bodysock".
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2011, 06:20:33 pm »

And your dwarves would love it!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2011, 06:24:18 pm »

And your dwarves would love it!

They would die for it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]