Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Game Over!  (Read 61936 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Day 3 - REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #405 on: January 08, 2012, 08:34:34 pm »

Mephansteras: Just to be clear, is it possible to change the role/race shown by a permanent holoform modulator after the first use?

No, once it is selected the holoform is set.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 08, 2012, 08:43:35 pm »

Leafsnail: Can you tell us exactly what the deal you claim to have made with Urist Imiknorris is?
I abduct the useless and going to be lynched again Dariush while releasing him.  I support his claim to be town if necessary.  He guarantees my safety from doppelgangers and allows me to pick up the two townies I need, giving the dopps extra kills.

How did you make the jump from Jack denying your claimed inspection to Jack being an alien?
Because it's the only possibility - Jack having a Holoform Modulator.  And only aliens have those.

What made you (or me apparently) want to inspect Jack?
I had no problems since I had a neutral read on Jack and thus an inspect would be the best way to get a read.  As for why you wanted to, why not ask yourself?

And if, as you state, I'm a dopp and Shakerag and Jack are aliens, why would three nontown fakeclaim (inviting us all to be lynched "when" you flip Xeno) just to get rid of you, especially considering that the fakeclaims would be extremely obvious if successful and dopp!Dariush would get lynched too because if I'm a dopp, he's a dopp?
I don't know, but I'm presuming your team have a Mind Control Ray or something along those lines that will make it completely irrelevant whether you're outed or not tomorrow.  This is the last time I'll answer this question, since I suggested this possibility in my initial roleclaim which you apparently didn't read.

Leafsnail, let's ignore that you're desperate lying scum for a second. Why did you abduct Urist Imiknorris and Dariush? If Urist Imiknorris is a dopp, then what were you hoping to get out of abducting Dariush?
First question has been answered.  Second is cooperation with Urist I, as explained previously and above.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 08, 2012, 08:50:15 pm »

So Urist Imiknorris the dopp advised you to capture Dariush the dopp?

Makes perfect sense.

What did you have to gain by doing this? What did the dopp team have to gain by doing this?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 08, 2012, 08:56:32 pm »

How did you make the jump from Jack denying your claimed inspection to Jack being an alien?
Because it's the only possibility - Jack having a Holoform Modulator.  And only aliens have those.
Now that it's been mod-confirmed to not be a possibility, what do you think?

And if, as you state, I'm a dopp and Shakerag and Jack are aliens, why would three nontown fakeclaim (inviting us all to be lynched "when" you flip Xeno) just to get rid of you, especially considering that the fakeclaims would be extremely obvious if successful and dopp!Dariush would get lynched too because if I'm a dopp, he's a dopp?
I don't know, but I'm presuming your team have a Mind Control Ray or something along those lines that will make it completely irrelevant whether you're outed or not tomorrow.  This is the last time I'll answer this question, since I suggested this possibility in my initial roleclaim which you apparently didn't read.
And how would a mind control ray make me outing myself as scum irrelevant? Whoop de shit, one townie wouldn't be able to vote me tomorrow. I'd still be on the receiving end of seven votes (eight if there's no kill tonight). Is there any possible combination of roles that would save me from getting overwhelmingly lynched if you flip Xeno?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 08, 2012, 09:04:02 pm »

Now that it's been mod-confirmed to not be a possibility, what do you think?
...Uh...where?  I don't see any mod confirmation of that.

I was just making sure that Leafsnail couldn't use some sort of "But you could change your fake inspection result" argument against me.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 08, 2012, 09:06:10 pm »

Mephansteras: Just to be clear, is it possible to change the role/race shown by a permanent holoform modulator after the first use?

So you didn't change your holoform.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 08, 2012, 09:09:24 pm »

...Okay, I'm confused.  Leafsnail's argument doesn't depend on me changing my holoform.  He's saying that he got one inspection result, I'm claiming something different, and thus I must be using a holoform modulator and claiming something different from the modulator's portrayal of me.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 08, 2012, 09:10:54 pm »

What did you have to gain by doing this? What did the dopp team have to gain by doing this?
Yeah, I was jusssst thinking that I really wanted to answer that question one more time.

I would gain protection from dopp nightkills and their information in differentiating between psychics and nonpsychics.

They would gain a kill every night (remember those games with dopp vigs?  Yeah, those were fun, weren't they), and swap a useless dopp who was about to die for a quite-possible-townie (backed up by me if necessary).  Urist I would also be able to communicate back the knowledge of the Survivor (AKA scum ally) to his team, who could be used until I felt like abducting him.

And how would a mind control ray make me outing myself as scum irrelevant? Whoop de shit, one townie wouldn't be able to vote me tomorrow. I'd still be on the receiving end of seven votes (eight if there's no kill tonight). Is there any possible combination of roles that would save me from getting overwhelmingly lynched if you flip Xeno?
After a kill there'd be 12 players left tomorrow.  You + 3 dopps including Dariush + Shakerag + Mind Control Ray is 6 votes.  7 other players - Mind Control Ray is 6 votes.  IE a tie.  IE a scum majority after you kill in the next night.  Counting is generally helpful, huh?

In other words, all you have to do is get a player who isn't town lynched today with multiple people claiming stuff against him at a time when noone in the town would think they are in danger.  I think I've layed this out clearly enough, but you can keep belligerantly claiming you have no motive for what you're doing if you like.

Yeah, and there's absolutely nothing to say he did, or even that he used a Permanent Holoform as opposed to an Advanced Holoform (which I'd say is better anyway).

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 08, 2012, 09:45:05 pm »

But if you wanted to work with the dopps you could've just PMed them instead of return one of their members back to them.

And you also capture a dopp and scan an alien Night 1, and with the game essentially half-won for you, you decide to capture another dopp Night 2 instead of the alien, revealing your identity to the dopps in the process.

So when did you get your lobotomy, to make you think that was a good idea?

Or you're just a liar and have a detective on your team. Good information to know.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 08, 2012, 09:45:30 pm »

After a kill there'd be 12 players left tomorrow.  You + 3 dopps including Dariush + Shakerag + Mind Control Ray is 6 votes.  7 other players - Mind Control Ray is 6 votes.  IE a tie.  IE a scum majority after you kill in the next night.  Counting is generally helpful, huh?

In other words, all you have to do is get a player who isn't town lynched today with multiple people claiming stuff against him at a time when noone in the town would think they are in danger.  I think I've layed this out clearly enough, but you can keep belligerantly claiming you have no motive for what you're doing if you like.
There's a flaw in your plan - the mind control would wear off the next day.

Yeah, and there's absolutely nothing to say he did, or even that he used a Permanent Holoform as opposed to an Advanced Holoform (which I'd say is better anyway).
But you claimed he was a guardian and then he claimed he was a heroic guard. You then assumed a holoform and called him an alien. Would you like me to quote that for you, since you seem to not remember it? So he's an alien who used a holoform to look like a guardian then fakeclaimed to... do what exactly?

...Okay, I'm confused.  Leafsnail's argument doesn't depend on me changing my holoform.  He's saying that he got one inspection result, I'm claiming something different, and thus I must be using a holoform modulator and claiming something different from the modulator's portrayal of me.
I thought his argument for your being an alien revolved around you changing the holoform. I don't know why I'm being a moron today.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 09, 2012, 12:53:17 am »

Just popping in to say that Shark is a killer of sorts.

I'll catch up when I get internet.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 09, 2012, 04:02:32 am »

So fucking help me if you get daykilled somehow I will tell Joe to punch you square in the dick for not having finished that post now.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 09, 2012, 09:11:05 am »

Holy BALLS!

Are all paranormal mafias this confusing?  I was absent for the weekend, and even after a reread I'm still a bit lost.  I need some time to figure out what the fuck is going on here.  I'll try to have a useful post later today, but damn.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 09, 2012, 11:38:49 am »

But if you wanted to work with the dopps you could've just PMed them instead of return one of their members back to them.
Yeah.  And they'd trust me because, uh...

Wheras actually returning a member gives them someone to talk to who can vouch for me as a Xeno.

And you also capture a dopp and scan an alien Night 1, and with the game essentially half-won for you, you decide to capture another dopp Night 2 instead of the alien, revealing your identity to the dopps in the process.
The alien would be a useful potential ally, especially along with the dopps.  If I did catch the alien, I'd have another 2 nights to go dodging lynches, inspections and nightkills.  3 nights with strong protection is better than 2 nights with none.

There's a flaw in your plan - the mind control would wear off the next day.
Then I'd guess you have something else too.  Mind Control is an example.

But you claimed he was a guardian and then he claimed he was a heroic guard. You then assumed a holoform and called him an alien. Would you like me to quote that for you, since you seem to not remember it? So he's an alien who used a holoform to look like a guardian then fakeclaimed to... do what exactly?
To help bury the person who could potentially abduct him/ finish off a doppelganger at no risk to himself (since he knows I'm not gonna flip town my inspection would have no credibility anyway).  Heck, maybe he thinks I'm gonna flip dopp and that him agreeing with my inspection would be actively damaging.

Now, I'm getting kindof tired of scum just asking me inane, repetitive questions constantly.  Could some townies (or at least people who aren't guaranteed to be out to get me) please come down and, y'know, say something?  Anything?

That means NUKE9.13, NativeForeigner, Urist_McArathos, Pandarsenic, Shark, Mysteriousbluepuppet, IronyOwl and Jokerman-EXE.  You guys.  Please give some kind of input on this since there's no point in trying to convince doppelgangers or aliens that I'm the Xeno (I'm answering their questions for you to read, not them).

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 09, 2012, 11:58:53 am »

To help bury the person who could potentially abduct him/ finish off a doppelganger at no risk to himself (since he knows I'm not gonna flip town my inspection would have no credibility anyway).  Heck, maybe he thinks I'm gonna flip dopp and that him agreeing with my inspection would be actively damaging.
How does you flipping xeno invalidate your inspection? If anything, that would make it more credible.

Now, I'm getting kindof tired of scum just asking me inane, repetitive questions constantly.  Could some townies (or at least people who aren't guaranteed to be out to get me) please come down and, y'know, say something?  Anything?
What about Jim? He's been asking you "inane, repetitive questions" too. Do you think he's scum or otherwise guaranteed to be out to get you?

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40