Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Game Over!  (Read 61916 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Day 3 - REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #435 on: January 10, 2012, 03:58:25 am »

Jack A T: What were your reasons for your protect targets?

Don't have much time right now.  I'll be able to post more tomorrow, but for now, I'll at least answer this.

Basically, I didn't get a strong scum read from either Irony or Leafsnail.  Both are common scum NK targets, due to their experience and general good play.  Thus, they were my best protection options, in my eyes.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 10, 2012, 10:35:19 am »

I thought that's what it was, but I wanted you to explicitly say it.
Then why list him as a suspect.  If he actually were a suspect of yours that would've been one hell of a softball question.

My suspicion of him is a gut feeling that I'm trying to find the cause of. Since that apparently wasn't it, I'm going to need to reread the thread again to figure it out.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 10, 2012, 11:03:45 am »

Due to RL stuff, I won't be able to read/post until tonight.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 10, 2012, 03:13:32 pm »

Hm.  Well, I can't argue with the point that, if they DID trick you, it implies they have more power than they need from you.  I got the three scum because, if Imiknorris is lying, you've outed him, Dariush (who would return after your death), and Shakerag as dopps (since he would be lying to corroborate Imiknorris' backstab).
Shakerag can't be a dopp unless you're saying you don't believe my inspection.  He's an alien Survivor.

That begs the question of why they'd bother working a deal with you in the first place if they didn't need you.  I don't expect you to give me an answer to that, but it makes your claim seem flimsy anyway.  If you were useless enough to betray this quickly, why cooperate with you at all?
It's quite simple.  Urist I was the one who suggested cooperating with me.  He needed to be released to relay some key information back to the dopps - Shakerag's identity as the alien Survivor, effectively giving them an extra member.  That's presumably why he agreed to cooperate - he couldn't talk to his scum buddies or Shakerag to plot against me unless he were released.

In other words, I was useful to betray because I underestimated how much gambreaking the dopps have left.

This seems contradictory.  Imiknorris wants to cooperate with you, and agrees to a deal, but refuses to name his scum partners or give you anything to help seal said deal?
If he told me all his partners that would surely be too great an amount of "insurance".  I thought having two dopp names and the name of their potential key ally would be enough.

You could have PMed anyone, even Dariush, with details from Imiknorris to confirm you were legit (like quoting a numbered line from scumchat that you couldn't know without talking to someone from scumchat).
So I could've gone round to Urist I's house and waterboarded him until he agreed to give me a quote from the scumchat without giving him anything in return?  Man, you're asking what Urist I's motive would be then suggesting that he could've made a deal that would be completely pointless to him.

Going through this whole rigmarole instead of a few sneaky PMs seems asinine and convoluted, not to mention ridiculously dangerous since the swap and cover story has to pass muster with the entire town watching.
Abducting one person and releasing another is hardly "convoluted".  And I'm not sure what you mean by "pass muster".  Our story would be exactly the same as the one Urist I is currently spouting, and you seem to be believing that one fine.

Actually, Imiknorris' "imaginary" Xeno's move makes more sense from his "I'm town" perspective, honestly.  He takes Town Imiknorris, who doesn't know who anyone is for certain.  They guess "Dariush is acting scummy and has alien/mad scientist tech, that's a good shot he's either a dopp or alien", and Xeno needs both to win so he snags him hoping for the best (because he wouldn't JUST be looking for an alien, but you'd remember that if you were a Xeno, right?).
You'd be looking for someone with the highest chance of being a dopp or alien.  Abducting someone who has a tech that cannot be alien seems really counterproductive to this, especially when aliens are rarer than doppelgangers (unless they'd already identified themselves an alien via scanner or something).

While this scenario isn't proof Imiknorris is being honest, it IS proof that his story isn't the ridiculous claim you're making it out to be.
Ok then.  How about you instead take a look at Shakerag's "I inspect people without showing any sign of suspicion in them at any point, also I don't go after people who I've already inspected as doppelgangers and instead spend the whole day voting a lurker"?  Tell me that his play looks like someone who knew that Irony was doppelganger for certain yesterday.

So, are you guys planning to have the Xeno claim tomorrow, or just deciding not to today?  The reasoning makes sense, at least.
They're planning to have the "Xeno" claim after the game is already effectively over, yes.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 10, 2012, 03:43:31 pm »

Gotta give you points for trying, but you are still not making such sense.

Shakerag info is valuable, and claiming an inspect day 2 with only 1 inspec done, without anybody corroborating is a death sentence, and far from a safe lynch. 2 names are good, especially since verifying one gives us the other.

Also, you seem intent on convincing that scum got some kind of gamebreaking power that will allow them to smooth sail form now on ? I highly doubt it

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 10, 2012, 05:35:24 pm »

Shakerag info is valuable, and claiming an inspect day 2 with only 1 inspec done, without anybody corroborating is a death sentence, and far from a safe lynch. 2 names are good, especially since verifying one gives us the other.
This is true if you could somehow psychically know you're going to survive and going to find another doppelganger.  And even if you were to allow this, wouldn't pushing a lynch on the person you know is a doppelganger be even better, since you could get them lynched and not have to claim?  I mean, if you look at Shakerag's actions throughout day one and day two, they are the actions of someone who wants to avoid attention and doesn't give the slightest damn about finding scum.

Also, you seem intent on convincing that scum got some kind of gamebreaking power that will allow them to smooth sail form now on ? I highly doubt it
Because it's the only explanation I can think of for why Urist I would betray me, and noone else seems to be able to consider that possibility.  I dunno why you're saying "I highly doubt it" without any supporting reason.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 10, 2012, 05:50:14 pm »

Frankly, its because your argment needs a stagerring amount of luck to work, they need to have chosen the mind controller, to be sure that shakerag will not betray them, etc. Frankly, i doN't believe they would ''betray'' you if they knew you had the name off 2 dopps, since it's hardly a fair trade. Frankly, if they indeed intended to betray you they would have waited a bit. I do not believe the game is so one sided that Dopps can win it without your help and especially with a missing member.

Basically, your claim is baloney, implies massive stupidity from dopps, but also prefect prediction and groundbreaking power in roles and others, while the other possibility are that you and irony both are dopps, with 2 inspect backing it up for you. Ockam Razor's, Leafsnail .

Also Meph, i had voted Leafsnail 2 times before but my name has not changed on the tally sheet. Unless i missed something. Anyway.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 10, 2012, 06:01:42 pm »

Frankly, its because your argment needs a stagerring amount of luck to work, they need to have chosen the mind controller, to be sure that shakerag will not betray them, etc. Frankly, i doN't believe they would ''betray'' you if they knew you had the name off 2 dopps, since it's hardly a fair trade.
Unless.

They are set.

To win tomorrow.

In which case instant win via an easy lynch is a very fair trade indeed.

Frankly, if they indeed intended to betray you they would have waited a bit. I do not believe the game is so one sided that Dopps can win it without your help and especially with a missing member.
Once they kill me they won't have a missing member.

Basically, your claim is baloney, implies massive stupidity from dopps, but also prefect prediction and groundbreaking power in roles and others, while the other possibility are that you and irony both are dopps, with 2 inspect backing it up for you. Ockam Razor's, Leafsnail .
I don't see "stupidity" anywhere.  Sure, they need to have roles about as powerful as in some previous games, but why stupidity?  I don't see any need to predict anything either... anywhere.  Claiming 2 inspects against one person means that noone is likely to question them.  IE all the townies will follow them and they'll win.  Kindof like what's happening now.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 10, 2012, 06:03:55 pm »

The Monitor
IronyOwl: NUKE9.13
Leafsnail: Jack AT, Jim Groovester, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Pandarsenic, Shakerag, Urist Imiknorris, Urist_McArathos
Shakerag: IronyOwl
Urist Imiknorris: Jokerman-EXE, Leafsnail

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 10, 2012, 09:53:40 pm »

Well then, why dont they ask you your help, and win today? Your whole explication hinges on massive stupidity on dopps part.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 10, 2012, 09:54:33 pm »

Because I wouldn't give it.  If the game ends today, I lose.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 10, 2012, 09:57:14 pm »

First off, i doubt heavily that Meph would it so, considering you and the dopps have differing goal. even if the town is supposedly doomed, your actions and shakerag are needed for it to be so ( or at lleast shakerag, in your little delusion) thus the game would not end directly, youd have much time to fullfuill your wincon.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 10, 2012, 10:01:26 pm »

...Maybe?  That'd put it completely down to trust though, and give me absolutely zero control after today.  Trust that the doppelgangers would break their wincon to allow me to win.

Well there's also the fact that we wouldn't have an overall majority (6/13) to consider (and before you suggest the dopps using their lylo breaker yesterday, they wouldn't have known about me or Shakerag until this morning when Urist I was released).

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 10, 2012, 10:10:49 pm »

Quote from: Role List
If the game ends and he does not have one of each, he loses. He only obstructs the win condition of the Exterminator.

Translation: If anyone but the exterminator wins before xeno does, xeno auto-loses.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 10, 2012, 10:20:02 pm »

Huh, should've allied with the exterminator then.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40