Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Game Over!  (Read 61972 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Day 3 - REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #360 on: January 07, 2012, 09:27:31 pm »

Doppelgangers might be the only killing roles this game. If there were more killers there might be more ambiguity about who targeted me.

If I recall previous games correctly it's usually possible to figure out which team did the targeting if a protect is successful anyway. I.E., dopps eat people or rake them with claws, exterminators do plasma chars, vigs fill people with bullets, etc.
I'd think the former would be pretty useful information in itself, but the latter does make sense.

Yeah, Dariush is apparently human and I'm going to be helping the xeno find his dopp and alien in exchange for his cooperation with the town.
Go on.

I pass him information gained from my bugs (see below) and provide a second opinion on who might be what species. In exchange, he'll side with town on lynches.
Why? Who started this conversation, and when did you agree on it?

IronyOwl: You missed Shakerag's question:
Leafsnail and IronyOwl:  You both seemed to strongly believe OB was scum.  Were you surprised at all to see him flip town?
So I did.

Yes, I was very surprised at OB's flip. I'm also rather dubious of Dariush's supposed towniness, for that matter.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 07, 2012, 09:36:59 pm »

Imiknorris, elaborate on your Day 1 gut feeling on Leafsnail.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 07, 2012, 10:11:47 pm »

Why? Who started this conversation, and when did you agree on it?

I told him my role, as well as Leafsnail's visit to Toaster's room. He responded by stating that he'd go after Leafsnail last night, and that if he miscaptured, he'd like to free me and have us work together for mutual gain. I agreed because two town for a dopp and a third party is a net gain for town. This exchange happened on the 21st, within twelve hours of the start of D2. Near the end of D2 I told him that Dariush would probably be a better target (I had forgotten that the body double was a mad scientist tech and thought it was an alien tech) and he evidently agreed.

Imiknorris, elaborate on your Day 1 gut feeling on Leafsnail.
There was something about his accusation of Orangebottle's rolefishing that seemed off, even though his argument made sense. I looked back D2 and figured out that it was caused by these quotes:

I'm just pointing out that your question is flagrant rolefishing that no decent townie would want to answer.
In any case, a townie shouldn't lie except in very dire circumstances (being asked a rolefishing question isn't one of them).

which read like he was trying to hold himself up as a paragon of Town ideals and saying that a townie would do <this> in <that> situation, so he's doing <this>.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 07, 2012, 10:24:08 pm »

I told him my role, as well as Leafsnail's visit to Toaster's room. He responded by stating that he'd go after Leafsnail last night, and that if he miscaptured, he'd like to free me and have us work together for mutual gain. I agreed because two town for a dopp and a third party is a net gain for town. This exchange happened on the 21st, within twelve hours of the start of D2. Near the end of D2 I told him that Dariush would probably be a better target (I had forgotten that the body double was a mad scientist tech and thought it was an alien tech) and he evidently agreed.
Why'd you tell him your role, and what's in it for him?

(I had forgotten that the body double was a mad scientist tech and thought it was an alien tech)
Bullshit. You want me to believe that both you, who had to pick techs for a different subclass, and him, who had to pick from the same pool of techs it was supposedly in (neither of which is very large) thought it was in the completely wrong category?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 07, 2012, 10:35:47 pm »

Then again, he probably knew he could not release a townie volontarily ( would have to be an idiot not to check with the mod). Getting Dariush would give liberty to Urist (wich he wanted to ally with town, he needed to do) and get rid of Dariush ( who is hardly the best town player).

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 07, 2012, 10:42:09 pm »

I told him my role and gave him my information because if I was going to be abducted I would still take a likely dopp with me. What's in it for him is the same thing that's in it for me: The abductions of a dopp and an alien, which he needs to find in order to win and (at least for the dopp) we need to get rid of.

(I had forgotten that the body double was a mad scientist tech and thought it was an alien tech)
Bullshit. You want me to believe that both you, who had to pick techs for a different subclass, and him, who had to pick from the same pool of techs it was supposedly in (neither of which is very large) thought it was in the completely wrong category?

I chose my tech early D1, and made that mistake late D2, having looked at the mad scientist techs maybe once in the interim. As for the Xeno, he probably thought that Dariush was a dopp mad scientist. I didn't tell him "he's got a body double so he's obv-alien," I just said he'd probably be a better abduct.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 07, 2012, 11:10:40 pm »

Shakerag: You ended D1 with a pressure vote on Pandar for not answering your question. D2 you pressure vote him again, he answers your question, then you drop off the face of the game for the rest of the day, not even bothering to unvote him. Why are you being so passive and lurky?

Well, frankly, because I was hoping to not attract significant attention to myself until D3.  Stick with me here, you'll love where I'm going.

"That vote was a reaction test" is doppelganger for "Actually, I think I'm gonna back out of this fakeclaim now".

Interesting.

Yes, I was very surprised at OB's flip. I'm also rather dubious of Dariush's supposed towniness, for that matter.

I'm sure you were.

Okay, everybody.  Pandarsenic was right; I have no alien tech.  I am the agent, and I have found out that IronyOwl (N1) and Leafsnail (N2), are both doppelgangers.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 07, 2012, 11:22:45 pm »

Yay, we have an abduct and a lynch.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 07, 2012, 11:25:34 pm »

EBWOP: Oh, but why did you inspect who you did?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 07, 2012, 11:27:34 pm »

I told him my role and gave him my information because if I was going to be abducted I would still take a likely dopp with me. What's in it for him is the same thing that's in it for me: The abductions of a dopp and an alien, which he needs to find in order to win and (at least for the dopp) we need to get rid of.
He's not getting any dopps, though. You're going to lynch them because one less dopp is one less dopp.

I chose my tech early D1, and made that mistake late D2, having looked at the mad scientist techs maybe once in the interim. As for the Xeno, he probably thought that Dariush was a dopp mad scientist. I didn't tell him "he's got a body double so he's obv-alien," I just said he'd probably be a better abduct.
If your knowledge of techs was so bad and you hadn't checked in the meantime, what made you feel confident enough to say what group body double was in?

Well, frankly, because I was hoping to not attract significant attention to myself until D3.  Stick with me here, you'll love where I'm going.

Okay, everybody.  Pandarsenic was right; I have no alien tech.  I am the agent, and I have found out that IronyOwl (N1) and Leafsnail (N2), are both doppelgangers.
Bullshit. If you'd found a dopp N1, why didn't you reveal it D2? And if you were going to try to fly under the radar and rack up the inspects, why stop right now?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 07, 2012, 11:41:23 pm »

The Monitor
Leafsnail: Shakerag, Urist Imiknorris
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Pandarsenic
NUKE9.13: Mysteriousbluepuppet
Urist Imiknorris: Leafsnail

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 07, 2012, 11:41:59 pm »

No, I'm saying that I'd rather you be abducted, but at the end of the day one less dopp is one less dopp. My vote will stay on you while I question other people. Hopefully we'll be able to get rid of two of you.
And then Shakerag conveniently comes out of nowhere with a completely nonsensical very plausible claim.  You probably should've claimed in the other order to make this ruse less obvious.

What fakeclaim are you talking about?
"You killed Toaster wait JK is was for reactions actually no I do have evidence you killed Toaster".

So you knew that IronyOwl was a dopp yesterday.

And you didn't vote him.  You knew about a dopp and you didn't vote for him.

Uh... huh.  Generally it's helpful to think before making a claim like this one.

No, I think your initial "Trust Shakerag completely unquestioningly" was much more revealing.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 07, 2012, 11:55:59 pm »

For IronyOwl, it was this post here.  Something about that post rubbed me the wrong way, and I had been feeling that OB was town during D1.  So I was watching who was voting him and why.  That post seemed chainsaw-y, and gut feeling said to inspect.

For Leafsnail, this post here made me want to inspect him. 

Both of their reactions caught my eye enough to want me to get to know them better. 

Bullshit. If you'd found a dopp N1, why didn't you reveal it D2? And if you were going to try to fly under the radar and rack up the inspects, why stop right now?

Well, this was totally expected.  I didn't want to reveal it D2, because there were still a lot of players active in the game.  I couldn't trust that there would be another doctor-like power role after Toaster bought the farm, so I figured once I claimed I would be dead that night.  Trading my life for just one dopp didn't seem like the best course of action with so many people left.  So I took the chance that I wouldn't get killed and/or abducted for a second night so that way when I claimed on D3, I'd have at least two inspects to reveal.  Since I had managed to get two dopp inspects, pushing my luck for a third night seemed way too risky, so I decided to claim now. 

So you knew that IronyOwl was a dopp yesterday.

And you didn't vote him.  You knew about a dopp and you didn't vote for him.

Uh... huh.  Generally it's helpful to think before making a claim like this one.

Yes, that is correct.  I knew IronyOwl was a dopp.  I was afraid that if I had voted for him, that would draw attention to me and make me more likely as a NK-candidate.  So I figured that I would just poke around elsewhere, keep a low profile, and see what IronyOwl was doing D2, as that might help me pick my N2 inspect. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 08, 2012, 12:53:51 am »

Leafsnail:
And then Shakerag conveniently comes out of nowhere with a completely nonsensical very plausible claim.  You probably should've claimed in the other order to make this ruse less obvious.
I'm sorry to crush your dreams of a mislynch, but this is not a ruse. If you flip town (which you won't), Shakerag and I would be obvscum and oops, we got lynched. Why would scum risk sacrifice two of their number for one mislynch? Seriously, give me a single case where that would fall under anything but amazingly terrible scum play.

What fakeclaim are you talking about?
"You killed Toaster wait JK is was for reactions actually no I do have evidence you killed Toaster".
I'm not stupid enough that I would base a reaction test off of nothing. It was more "Oh, he visited Toaster N1. I will ask him why he killed Toaster to see what he does." You panicked and OMGUSed me.

No, I think your initial "Trust Shakerag completely unquestioningly" was much more revealing.
If anything it revealed that I'm tired and complacent.

Irony:
He's not getting any dopps, though. You're going to lynch them because one less dopp is one less dopp.
Whatever happened to me voting Leaf and continuing to question other people?

If your knowledge of techs was so bad and you hadn't checked in the meantime, what made you feel confident enough to say what group body double was in?
I honestly thought the body double was either a medium or large tech item. Either way, I was certain it was alien tech.

Shakerag: On the one hand, you decided to lurk your way through D2 with a guilty inspection, as opposed to actually pressuring or questioning Irony. What if he's a kook? On the other hand, Leafsnail's scum and Irony's chainsawing for him. There's also the fact that the obvious abduction target tonight is now Irony, and if he isn't a dopp or kook you'd be fucked as soon as the Xeno claimed. So I'm inclined to believe you.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 08, 2012, 01:06:23 am »

For IronyOwl, it was this post here.  Something about that post rubbed me the wrong way, and I had been feeling that OB was town during D1.  So I was watching who was voting him and why.  That post seemed chainsaw-y, and gut feeling said to inspect.
What seemed chainsaw-y about it, and why did you think OB was town? Why did you think he was town even after trying to force a no-lynch to save himself?

If you were interested in who was voting him and why, why didn't you actually ask anyone anything about it?

Well, this was totally expected.  I didn't want to reveal it D2, because there were still a lot of players active in the game.  I couldn't trust that there would be another doctor-like power role after Toaster bought the farm, so I figured once I claimed I would be dead that night.  Trading my life for just one dopp didn't seem like the best course of action with so many people left.  So I took the chance that I wouldn't get killed and/or abducted for a second night so that way when I claimed on D3, I'd have at least two inspects to reveal.  Since I had managed to get two dopp inspects, pushing my luck for a third night seemed way too risky, so I decided to claim now. 
This doesn't explain why you weren't concerned about dying regardless, or if you weren't why you suddenly decided now was the time.

Oh, and you didn't think one townie for one dopp was a good deal. Right.

Yes, that is correct.  I knew IronyOwl was a dopp.  I was afraid that if I had voted for him, that would draw attention to me and make me more likely as a NK-candidate.  So I figured that I would just poke around elsewhere, keep a low profile, and see what IronyOwl was doing D2, as that might help me pick my N2 inspect.
Except you didn't poke around anywhere and you didn't use what I was doing for your next inspect.

Irony:
Whatever happened to me voting Leaf and continuing to question other people?
Why would later days be any different from this one? Alternatively, what makes you think you can reliably find two dopps in one day, especially when your stronger suspicion is the one you're lynching?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40