Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Game Over!  (Read 61949 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Day 3 - REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #345 on: January 07, 2012, 07:32:06 pm »

Ok, so let's get what we can.

Jim got targeted by dopp, and protected. No bodies would mean a Guardian.
Disparition of Dariush and return of Urist means Xeno got something he had already.

Now, to add to this, mind telling me why you came at my house, Nuke ?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 07, 2012, 07:37:11 pm »

Yeah, Dariush is apparently human and I'm going to be helping the xeno find his dopp and alien in exchange for his cooperation with the town.
Go on.

I was targeted by the dopps last night, but was protected by somebody. So thanks, whoever did that.
Are protected targets made aware of the action that targeted them? I wasn't aware of that.

Jim got targeted by dopp, and protected. No bodies would mean a Guardian.
Disparition of Dariush and return of Urist means Xeno got something he had already.

Now, to add to this, mind telling me why you came at my house, Nuke ?
First is true.
Second is not true. The Dariushabduct would have failed in that case; what this means is that the xeno intentionally let Urist go, then nabbed Dariush instead.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 07, 2012, 07:41:03 pm »

Don't Xeno get to choose if he keeps the one he got or take the new one ? But actually, if Urist is saying the truth, then it would make sense he'd just let him go.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 07, 2012, 07:47:51 pm »

I was targeted by the dopps last night, but was protected by somebody. So thanks, whoever did that.
Are protected targets made aware of the action that targeted them? I wasn't aware of that.

Only if the protection's needed. Otherwise, the target of the protect is none the wiser.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 07, 2012, 07:53:59 pm »

Only if the protection's needed. Otherwise, the target of the protect is none the wiser.
So were you aware of a dopp trying to eat you, someone preventing you from being targeted/eaten, or both?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 07, 2012, 07:55:51 pm »

Yeah, Dariush is apparently human and I'm going to be helping the xeno find his dopp and alien in exchange for his cooperation with the town.
I think this is gonna need more explanation, since there's absolutely nothing in the OP that implies it's possible for an abducted player to return.

Meph: Can the Xenozoologists release his samples at will or is he allowed to swap if he gets one he already has?

I'm guessing the Xenozoologist wouldn't voluntarily release a sample he doesn't already have since he is so time pressured, though.  Which would make you the same alignment as scumDariush, Imiknorris.

Hey Leafsnail, why'd you kill Toaster?
I didn't.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 07, 2012, 07:59:18 pm »

When a Xenozoologist captures a type that he already has a specimen of he may choose which one of them to release. He may only keep 1 of each type that he is looking for.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 07, 2012, 08:00:41 pm »

So were you aware of a dopp trying to eat you, someone preventing you from being targeted/eaten, or both?

Specifically, I was woken up by loud sounds outside my room, went outside to investigate, was shoved back inside, and the person who shoved me back told me it was Doppelgangers. Then I heard some gunshots.

Imiknorris, how are you back? And what's your dirt on Leafsnail?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 07, 2012, 08:02:57 pm »

Meph, can the Xenozoologist release abductees at will?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 07, 2012, 08:07:59 pm »

Specifically, I was woken up by loud sounds outside my room, went outside to investigate, was shoved back inside, and the person who shoved me back told me it was Doppelgangers. Then I heard some gunshots.
Dopplegangers specifically? That seems like unusually useful information for flavor, doesn't it?

MBP: Seems you were correct after all.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 07, 2012, 08:42:17 pm »

Doppelgangers might be the only killing roles this game. If there were more killers there might be more ambiguity about who targeted me.

If I recall previous games correctly it's usually possible to figure out which team did the targeting if a protect is successful anyway. I.E., dopps eat people or rake them with claws, exterminators do plasma chars, vigs fill people with bullets, etc.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 07, 2012, 08:58:21 pm »

Nice OMGUS ya got there, Leafsnail. That vote was a reaction test. Yeah, you're the scum. It is you. I'd say to let you get abducted tonight, as Xeno needs a dopp, but you're a nice fallback lynch in case none of your buddies slip up.

Go on.

I pass him information gained from my bugs (see below) and provide a second opinion on who might be what species. In exchange, he'll side with town on lynches.

Imiknorris, how are you back? And what's your dirt on Leafsnail?

a) The flavor said that the Xeno released me because he "[has] another Human now."
b) I am an Intelligence Scientist. I chose Advanced Tracking Devices as my tech. D1 I slipped one on Leafsnail due to a gut feeling. N1 he visited Toaster, N2 he visited Jim. I've used my other one as well, but I 'd rather not say on whom right now. Estimated time of completion for device #3: Night 4. Or maybe 5. I don't know if I got to work on it last night.

IronyOwl: You missed Shakerag's question:
Leafsnail and IronyOwl:  You both seemed to strongly believe OB was scum.  Were you surprised at all to see him flip town?

Shakerag: You ended D1 with a pressure vote on Pandar for not answering your question. D2 you pressure vote him again, he answers your question, then you drop off the face of the game for the rest of the day, not even bothering to unvote him. Why are you being so passive and lurky?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 07, 2012, 09:02:04 pm »

Nice OMGUS ya got there, Leafsnail. That vote was a reaction test. Yeah, you're the scum. It is you. I'd say to let you get abducted tonight, as Xeno needs a dopp, but you're a nice fallback lynch in case none of your buddies slip up.
Your reasoning is all over the place.  Apparently, the Xenobiologist needs a dopp, and you want to help him get a dopp.  But you think I'm a dopp, so you're lynching me.  Am I to take it that you're betraying the Xenobiologist?

"That vote was a reaction test" is doppelganger for "Actually, I think I'm gonna back out of this fakeclaim now".

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 07, 2012, 09:15:49 pm »

No, I'm saying that I'd rather you be abducted, but at the end of the day one less dopp is one less dopp. My vote will stay on you while I question other people. Hopefully we'll be able to get rid of two of you.

What fakeclaim are you talking about?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 07, 2012, 09:24:54 pm »

Meph, can the Xenozoologist release abductees at will?

No, only when they have a duplicate.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40