Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Game Over!  (Read 62079 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Day 2 - REPLACEMENT requested
« Reply #270 on: December 24, 2011, 09:34:06 am »

His argument about Shark's vote (that being lynched by an inactive player is unfair) seemed legit to me and when he made that post he wasn't doing jesterish shit yet so in no way.
But surely ninja-preventing your own lynch is the absolute, 100% jester anti-tell.  Regardless of whether there was an inactive person voting you.

Pandar, Jack, Jim and the rest:
Okay, I hoped that it would be obvious enough, but it apparently wasn't. Jim's argument about me being a Xeno is based on pure Insane Troll Logic - I was the only one attacking him D1, he was abducted during the night, therefore I did it. That's giant, ridiculous WIFOMshit, and Jim deserves to hang for it, in addition to his Shark vote on D1.
There is definitely Insane Troll Logic being highlighted in this post, but Jim isn't the one using it.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 25, 2011, 08:56:01 am »

Merry Christmas!

Get off my lawn, whippersnapper!
Cool story, bro.  Also, I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
And now you can!

Drawing attention to it didn't seem to be fruitful at the time.  Everyone was pretty much focused on OB, and his lynching looked like a sure deal.  I figured that anything I would have said would have just gotten lost in the midst of all that, so I was going to come back to it D2.  I was sitting back a bit after that because this is my first non-beginner's game, and I was trying to get a better feel for being in a "real" game.  My gut feeling for the day was telling me that OB wasn't scum, so I wanted to watch how everyone was interacting with him.
Hmm hmm. This isn't good, you know. Mistakes made:
-You can draw attention to things whenever. Deliberately distracting from an ongoing discussion is bad, but most people can multitask: so long as you don't try to stop people talking about other things its fine.
-Even if you don't think people will notice your contributions, contribute anyway. People may want to go back and reread your contriubtions. If there aren't any, that is bad.
-This is basically an excuse for lurking. Lurking is inexcusable.
But you are newish, so I guess you can get away with it this time. Unvote.

My analysis is obviously not going to be devastating. Neither, for that matter, would an hour-long post-by-post analysis. With some exceptions, you people aren't morons, and I am not a trained psychiatrist. I cannot analyse 'devastantingly', certainly not from looking at just the raw data. What I can do is acquire what I lacked yesterday: any sort of lead whatsoever.
Ok then.

How about any kind of analysis from the lynch then, if that's the important difference between today and yesterday.  Because as far as I can tell you could have made the same vote for the same reasons yesterday.
Any sort of analysis whatsoever: OB and Toaster were town. What? That's useful information. Rereading D1 is more fruitful the more people's alignments you know. Any analysis more in-depth than that will probably trigger accusations of WIFOM.
But seriously. I'm not sure what you want from me here. More participation? I'm participating best I can.

Dariush: This is a completely serious question. Are you trying your best at the moment? Are you playing as best you think you can?

It is, of course, the holidays. Can't expect everyone to be around all the time. Still, if you happen to drop by, throw down a post letting us know you're still alive, yeah?

[...]
Long Live United Forenia!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 26, 2011, 01:37:10 pm »

Okay, I hoped that it would be obvious enough, but it apparently wasn't. Jim's argument about me being a Xeno is based on pure Insane Troll Logic - I was the only one attacking him D1, he was abducted during the night, therefore I did it. That's giant, ridiculous WIFOMshit, and Jim deserves to hang for it, in addition to his Shark vote on D1.
Dariush: How about his arguments that you are scum in general?  Those are separate arguments that you responded to just by insulting Jim.

Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 26, 2011, 07:23:07 pm »

Any sort of analysis whatsoever: OB and Toaster were town. What? That's useful information. Rereading D1 is more fruitful the more people's alignments you know. Any analysis more in-depth than that will probably trigger accusations of WIFOM.
I thought your problem with having suspicions day one though was that there was no "solid information" to base your case on.  Only now that you do have solid information (alignments) you aren't basing your case on that, and are instead basing your case on non-solid information you had yesterday (but didn't act on).

And I give you permission to do a more in-depth analysis without making accusations of WIFOM, if that's what's holding you back.  There's nothing scummy about speculation - WIFOM tends to be scummy only when you use it to defend yourself over quickly.

Meph: I'll be away from tomorrow to the 29th.  I should be back on the 30th.  It's not a tremendous absence but I guess you might want to know.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 27, 2011, 12:07:16 pm »

The Monitor
Dariush: Jack AT
Jim Groovester: Dariush
NUKE9.13: IronyOwl, Leafsnail, Urist_McArathos
Pandarsenic: Jim Groovester, Shakerag

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 27, 2011, 12:26:47 pm »

Extend.  I'm largely unavailable today.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 27, 2011, 02:18:49 pm »

Extend.  I just got back from Christmas vacation.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 27, 2011, 02:30:23 pm »

Extend. I'm on a train for the majority of the day.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 27, 2011, 02:32:34 pm »

There is definitely Insane Troll Logic being highlighted in this post, but Jim isn't the one using it.
Your arguments are so specific and concrete that I'm having an orgasm just from reading them. [/sarcasm]

Dariush: This is a completely serious question. Are you trying your best at the moment? Are you playing as best you think you can?
Yes.

Dariush: How about his arguments that you are scum in general?  Those are separate arguments that you responded to just by insulting Jim.
When I see arguments like the ones quoted in my last post in someone's accusation, that person just faaaaaades ooooout of my miiiiind like a fucking scum he is. Seriously though, Jim vomited a pile of shit about how the single word 'WIFOM' is a horrific overreaction, vomited a bit more about how I'm the one who abducted Urist because holy fuck I've been attacking him on D1 aaaaand that's pretty much it. Can't find a single shred of sanity among all that horrific vomit, therefore can't defend myself except by putting up an umbrella.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 27, 2011, 04:09:26 pm »

Extend.

When I see arguments like the ones quoted in my last post in someone's accusation, that person just faaaaaades ooooout of my miiiiind like a fucking scum he is. Seriously though, Jim vomited a pile of shit about how the single word 'WIFOM' is a horrific overreaction, vomited a bit more about how I'm the one who abducted Urist because holy fuck I've been attacking him on D1 aaaaand that's pretty much it. Can't find a single shred of sanity among all that horrific vomit, therefore can't defend myself except by putting up an umbrella.

Oh, right. My accusations are soo nonsensical that you can just shriek like a banshee and will them away.

Even if you thought my accusations were terrible, it still doesn't explain why you flipped your shit about it. Why did you flip your shit about it? Nonsensical accusations can be pointed out as such without resorting to extreme anger and language on your part, especially when, to count, only one person has voted you for it, and it's not even me.

I want to know why you're overreacting. I figure U MAD because I'm right.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 27, 2011, 06:31:48 pm »

The Monitor
Dariush: Jack AT
Jim Groovester: Dariush
NUKE9.13: IronyOwl, Leafsnail, Urist_McArathos
Pandarsenic: Jim Groovester, Shakerag

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 28, 2011, 06:50:05 am »

vomit
I did calmly point your inconsistencies out, albeit with extreme prejudice. So let's sum up what you've been doing: you've asspulled a ridiculous case (that you aren't even trying to supply now) in order to provoke me into overreacting to it... Uh, does anybody smell tunnelling here? No? Nobody?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 28, 2011, 07:03:37 am »

Extend

Why do you do such short extensions?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 28, 2011, 07:54:53 am »

Extend.

Presumably to get us off our asses and actually play the game.

In related news, I still haven't been able to get back into this deep enough to get anything done. I do think Jim's right about Dariush, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 28, 2011, 08:13:18 am »

PFP: Unvote for now.  The only thing I have on NUKE is poor day 1 play, will reread tonight after work to check out my other suspects.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40