Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Game Over!  (Read 62059 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Day 2 - REPLACEMENT requested
« Reply #255 on: December 23, 2011, 01:46:46 am »

Leaving Xenozoo is fine - once 3 people disappear, we know we benefit from shooting the most suspicious if he gets axed. If not, he disappears with 2 anti-town and 2 town.

Extend to after Christmas would be nice.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Stalkers in Space - Day 1 - REPLACEMENT requested
« Reply #256 on: December 23, 2011, 07:17:36 am »

vomit
Nuke, why did you hack Jim's account?
Dariush was the only person who popped up who really had anything negative to say about Urist Imiknorris.
And that makes me a Xeno. No, disregard the above quote. Even Nuke at his worst is better than this.

If he was a jester, he was right on course to being lynched already. Tying the vote at the literal last minute is completely counterproductive and entirely inconsistent with anything a jester would do. So clearly the reply wasn't to point out that you thought he was a jester, because that would've been stupid. Incredibly stupid. Ridiculously stupid.
WIFOM.
Dariush: No. So, how exactly is preventing oneself from being lynched a jestertell?
My reply about him being a jester came after he tied the vote. I referred to him going kinda wrong in the head upon that 9-person bandwagon. That was a jestertell.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 23, 2011, 08:34:59 am »

'tis the season to be jolly, tralalalala, la la la la.

Extend, christmas.

NUKE: Over the course of five paragraphs, you never gave a real answer to Shakerag's question. So, please actually answer the question, and give some reason why you think your belief is true.
I didn't? Right, yeah, I suppose I didn't.

I assume that there is information to be gained from looking at NKs. I have never had a reason to question this assumption. Shakerag asked why I didn't believe what he had been taught: that is because I was never taught it. I do not feel the need to prove my belief is true, unless someone can provide information to prove it isn't.

You'd be surprised. Or rather, you wouldn't be. (No I do not)
I figured that there would be enough information gained from the results of the lynch and NKs that a post-by-post analysis would be unnecessary.
Ok then.  Please provide your devastating analysis of these.
Oh, shut up. Your sarcasm does not impress.
You think I am being lazy, not paying enough attention to the game? Just say it. Dancing around the issue just makes you sound pretentious.

My analysis is obviously not going to be devastating. Neither, for that matter, would an hour-long post-by-post analysis. With some exceptions, you people aren't morons, and I am not a trained psychiatrist. I cannot analyse 'devastantingly', certainly not from looking at just the raw data. What I can do is acquire what I lacked yesterday: any sort of lead whatsoever.

NUKE: Poor activity D1
My sincere apologies. I pretty much wasted that entire day. I certainly do not intend to repeat the performance today.

JIM YOU ARE WRONG BECAUSE YOU ARE WRONG I AM NOT GOING TO EXPLAIN WHY.
Play the fucking game, Dariush. Respond seriously to people's questions, don't be angry all the time, try to be less of a dick.
Long Live United Forenia!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 23, 2011, 01:49:03 pm »

The Monitor
Dariush: Jack AT
Jim Groovester: Dariush
NUKE9.13: Leafsnail, Urist_McArathos
Pandarsenic: Jim Groovester
Shakerag: NUKE9.13

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 23, 2011, 04:21:04 pm »

Nuke:
I figured that there would be enough information gained from the results of the lynch and NKs that a post-by-post analysis would be unnecessary.
So you had no suspicions.

But you were gonna get some!

But then OB.

Then you figured the nightkill would give you enough information that you wouldn't need suspicions.

But then it didn't.

So now you're starting over, mostly by poking at Shakerag for things he did yesterday, but that you didn't call him on at the time.

Why?

I assume that there is information to be gained from looking at NKs. I have never had a reason to question this assumption. Shakerag asked why I didn't believe what he had been taught: that is because I was never taught it. I do not feel the need to prove my belief is true, unless someone can provide information to prove it isn't.
Then what's so special about last night that you've got nothing, despite realizing you'd fucked up during the day and thus really needed to get a move on here?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 23, 2011, 04:31:03 pm »

What the heck are you talking about.

I have suspicions now. I have enough information that I can scumhunt.

This is what matters. Yesterday I was stuck, now I am not.

I am not sure where you got the impression that I did not gain information from the the NKs and lynch results. I didn't mean to give that impression. My apologies for doing so.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 23, 2011, 04:34:54 pm »

Shakerag is the only suspicion you've mentioned, and his behavior at the very end of D1 is the only reason you've given, as far as I've noticed. I assumed that if you'd learned anything from the NK/lynch, you'd have mentioned or done something with it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 23, 2011, 04:45:31 pm »

You assume incorrectly. I am not so mentally handicapped I have to blurt out my every thought lest I forget it.

For example. The thing Jim is bugging Dariush about? Sounds legit. I want to see where that goes, especially with Dariush being such a tremendous dick about it. Is he being more of a dick than usual? I think he might be. But I'm not sure. We'll see.
But that is already happen'n. I don't need to do anything to make that happen. In fact, doing anything might skew the results. I get more information by just watching it for the time being.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 23, 2011, 05:40:55 pm »

Get off my lawn, whippersnapper!

Cool story, bro.  Also, I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.  Seriously though, I've read your "theory" posts in other games with interest.

Quote from: NUKE9.13
And when he failed to respond, you saw no need to draw attention to this? Point out to others that he was lurking, maybe try to pressure him into responding?
See, it looks like you were content to just let the whole OB thing play out, whilst you sat back on the excuse that 'Pandar hasn't answered my questions yet'.

Drawing attention to it didn't seem to be fruitful at the time.  Everyone was pretty much focused on OB, and his lynching looked like a sure deal.  I figured that anything I would have said would have just gotten lost in the midst of all that, so I was going to come back to it D2.  I was sitting back a bit after that because this is my first non-beginner's game, and I was trying to get a better feel for being in a "real" game.  My gut feeling for the day was telling me that OB wasn't scum, so I wanted to watch how everyone was interacting with him.

So you had NO OTHER thought on any other player? The events surrounding OrangeBottle didn't hold any kind of interest for you? Were you watching the game at all? If so, I'd like to hear your thoughts on other players besides Pandarsenic - in fact, I want to hear what you have to say on Pandar as well, since you appear to have spent so much time on the lookout for him.

Actually, I was watching things rather closely.  And, yes, I have thoughts on other players, too.  Do you actually want a complete list of everyone or just thoughts of note?  I'll get to Pandarsenic in a moment.  And, forgive me if this is rude, but as this was your third post this game, and you didn't vote D1 at all ... are you watching this game at all as well?

Pandarsenic:  So, now it's D2.  Would you finally like to answer my first question to you?  And while you're at it, you can respond to my post here

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Stalkers in Space - Day 1 - REPLACEMENT requested
« Reply #264 on: December 23, 2011, 08:52:58 pm »

vomit
Dariush was the only person who popped up who really had anything negative to say about Urist Imiknorris.
And that makes me a Xeno. No, disregard the above quote. Even Nuke at his worst is better than this.

I crown you King Douchelord, because there is no man who is as worthy as you to be the King of Doucheland.

You haven't responded to anything I've had to say, except by living up to your title about it. I'd prefer substantive arguments instead of the formal speech of the Royal Court of Doucheberg.

Really, this is an overreaction. Must be right about something.

Leaving Xenozoo is fine - once 3 people disappear, we know we benefit from shooting the most suspicious if he gets axed. If not, he disappears with 2 anti-town and 2 town.

Extend to after Christmas would be nice.

This isn't exactly what I wanted to see. For one, you make no mention of your suspicions at all.

But I'm feeling my heart grow three times in size. Extend.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Stalkers in Space - Day 1
« Reply #265 on: December 23, 2011, 10:15:09 pm »

No harm in saying which item now - it's D2 so you'd have been forced to choose already.

I fear Plasma Bomb, because of its potential to gut the town all at once, and I fear the killbotics stuff because it can suddenly and abruptly turn "Lylo" into "JAYKAY, WE WIN"

I didn't answer because Meph doesn't force you to choose your techs until the later parts of the day. Since you didn't know that, it's probably safe to say, Shakerag, that you are not someone with a tech.

Dariush, are your posts jokes or something?

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 23, 2011, 10:56:58 pm »

My analysis is obviously not going to be devastating. Neither, for that matter, would an hour-long post-by-post analysis. With some exceptions, you people aren't morons, and I am not a trained psychiatrist. I cannot analyse 'devastantingly', certainly not from looking at just the raw data. What I can do is acquire what I lacked yesterday: any sort of lead whatsoever.
Ok then.

How about any kind of analysis from the lynch then, if that's the important difference between today and yesterday.  Because as far as I can tell you could have made the same vote for the same reasons yesterday.

Hey, Dariush, I'll put it to you again.  Your "I told you so" attitude regarding someone who you should've had no way of knowing was a townie at the time is scummy, because scum know if someone's gonna flip town (and why add more votes when he's already gonna get lynched when you could distance yourself from it?).

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 24, 2011, 03:01:26 am »

Dariush: No. So, how exactly is preventing oneself from being lynched a jestertell?

Is this enough reason for you to vote him?
Jokerman: For pressure, yes.  I wanted to see how he reacts, and hopefully get him to give more information.  His latest post is definitely keeping my vote on him.

vomit
Dariush: Is this seriously your entire argument against Jim's argument?  That he's so stupid that he's stupider than NUKE?  Without any refutation of Jim's points?  Please explain, at the very least, what in his posts makes him NUKElike/worse than NUKE.

My reply about him being a jester came after he tied the vote. I referred to him going kinda wrong in the head upon that 9-person bandwagon. That was a jestertell.
D'accord.  Well, then, another question: How did Orangebottle's prevention of his own lynch factor into your read of him as a jester?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 24, 2011, 03:38:40 am »

Yeah, I'm interested to hear that, too.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 24, 2011, 06:18:52 am »

D'accord.  Well, then, another question: How did Orangebottle's prevention of his own lynch factor into your read of him as a jester?
His argument about Shark's vote (that being lynched by an inactive player is unfair) seemed legit to me and when he made that post he wasn't doing jesterish shit yet so in no way.

Pandar, Jack, Jim and the rest:
Okay, I hoped that it would be obvious enough, but it apparently wasn't. Jim's argument about me being a Xeno is based on pure Insane Troll Logic - I was the only one attacking him D1, he was abducted during the night, therefore I did it. That's giant, ridiculous WIFOMshit, and Jim deserves to hang for it, in addition to his Shark vote on D1.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40