Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Game Over!  (Read 62033 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Stalkers in Space - Day 1 - REPLACEMENT requested
« Reply #225 on: December 16, 2011, 08:33:35 am »

OB, you're overdoing the jesterness a bit. And by 'a bit', I mean 'a fucking kilometer'.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 16, 2011, 09:04:59 am »

That'll be a little difficult when people are unwilling tolisten to what I say.
Because you're scum, and trying to create as much noise and WIFOM as possible.  Therefore, my suggestion to everyone else is to ignore you now.

Hey, Nuke.  You've been around since since this began.  It's pretty awkward having to think of a way to vote your buddy without making it look like bussing, huh?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 16, 2011, 09:08:56 am »

OB, you're overdoing the jesterness a bit. And by 'a bit', I mean 'a fucking kilometer
There's no jesters in this game, you moron. Of course, you'd know that if you were paying any real attention to the game at all.

Unvote, vote Orangebottle.  Last minute vote gaming alone is enough to get you this vote by far, but your main reaction to being attacked for it is to laugh at the town?  Seriously?
I'm mostly laughing at myself, and then there's everyone's RAGECAPS reactions, which I find incredibly silly.

You don't have to be a self-loathing mafia player and it doesn't help you at all and if you're aware enough of the problems with your game then you should stop doing the stuff that causes these problems.
I'm aware there are problems, but I'm usually not aware of the specific ones before it's too late.

If you have just as awful a day game as town as you do when scum, then if you do stupid shit it doesn't really mean anything one way or the other about your alignment. In which case, since it's inconclusive, why would I lynch you over that?
That doesn't explain why you thought I was town, or technically answer my question. Your answer makes it a null-tell, which means I still did stupid scummy shit.
This would've been an acceptable answer had it not been another null-tell. Anyone can crack to pressure, and anyone can keep scumhunting while doing it.

PPE:
Because you're scum, and trying to create as much noise and WIFOM as possible.  Therefore, my suggestion to everyone else is to ignore you now.
Or you're an obstinate motherfucker who doesn't ever really listen to what his opponent is saying to him.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 16, 2011, 10:29:18 am »

The Monitor
Jim Groovester: Dariush
Orangebottle: IronyOwl, Jack AT, Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, NativeForeigner, Pandarsenic, Toaster, Urist Imiknorris
Pandarsenic: Shakerag
Urist Imiknorris: Orangebottle
Urist_McArathos: Mysteriousbluepuppet

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 16, 2011, 11:10:25 am »

I came here with the intent of spending a few hours completely rereading the thread, meticulously noting down each players behaviour in a little text document, and then seriously cracking down and figuring out who amongst them looked the scummiest-
But yeah, no, OB
Long Live United Forenia!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 16, 2011, 11:39:36 am »

Jim:  I'd think that when I took your response to the initial question and wanted more detail, that would be the time to come out and give all your reasoning.  Clearly you disagree.  Additionally, I disagree that going from "My opinions of the attacks on him indicate that I think he is town" to "The attacks on him don't influence my opinion of him" isn't a reversal.

I don't think this argument thread is going to get any farther today, and I'm content with my moved vote for now.  I'll come back to this D2 and see where it goes.

OB:  Oh, you just happened to reevaluate your suspicions ten seconds before you were about to get lynched?  That's not scummy at all.  [Hint: Sarcasm]
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 16, 2011, 11:56:14 am »

I don't think this argument thread is going to get any farther today, and I'm content with my moved vote for now.  I'll come back to this D2 and see where it goes.
"I've got my mislynch for the day, so I'm gonna go hang out in scumchat and wait for the day to end instead of listening to any of his reasoning whatsoever." Why don't you use the extra time to hunt scum? There's usually more than one in a game. [That last question was directed at basically everybody. The game doesn't end after one mislynch.]

OB:  Oh, you just happened to reevaluate your suspicions ten seconds before you were about to get lynched?
"Just happened"? No. If you hadn't noticed, there was plenty of time between my attempt to force a tie and your question. In fact, there was plenty of time between my vote on NUKE and your question. I don't know why I'm even responding, since you're not going to come back and read this anyway.
My Sig

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 16, 2011, 11:57:22 am »

My Sig

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 16, 2011, 08:29:12 pm »

The Monitor
Jim Groovester: Dariush
Orangebottle: IronyOwl, Jack AT, Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, NativeForeigner, NUKE9.13, Pandarsenic, Toaster, Urist Imiknorris
Pandarsenic: Shakerag
Urist Imiknorris: Orangebottle
Urist_McArathos: Mysteriousbluepuppet

By an overwhelming majority the crew decides that Orangebottle must be one of the doppelgangers. Despite his protestations he is dragged into the middle of the cargo hold. Nuke pulls out one of the rifles designed for dealing with hostile life on any planets you may land on. "Bye bye, dopp!" He grins as he pulls the trigger.

Orangebottle screams in pain as he bleeds out. It seems to take forever. But, finally, he is dead. And still human. Discouraged, you search his quarters. Inside you find a journal which talks about his ability to speak with the dead. It seems Orangebottle was a Medium. Pity.

Night has come. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Night 1 - REPLACEMENT requested
« Reply #234 on: December 21, 2011, 02:37:42 pm »

You meet up again the next day to continue your hunt for the doppelgangers. However, neither Toaster nor Urist Imiknorris join you. Worried, you decide to go see what might have happened to them.

Toaster’s fate is made obvious as soon as you draw near. Blood has pooled on the floor and splattered along one wall. No sign of the body, though. Inside his room you find a few pieces of memorabilia and a journal. It seems he was trying to act as a Vengeful Guard and hoped to at least kill a Doppelganger before he died. Pity they seem to have gotten to him first.

You make your way to Urist I’s room next. No sign of him anywhere, though. You search for a while longer but eventually have to give up. He’s just...gone.

Day 2 has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Monday

Sorry about the long delay on that, folks. I was swamped Monday and Tuesday and couldn't get the write-ups done.
Come play Mafia with us!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Day 2 - REPLACEMENT requested
« Reply #235 on: December 21, 2011, 03:10:44 pm »

Bah, and bah some more!

Go town!  Kill a dopp for me!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 21, 2011, 05:09:27 pm »

Well. I'd like to say that I've had a positive impact on this game.
But I haven't.
We all know where I went wrong; my timing was just awful, and I apologize.

Seriously though. Goodbye.
My Sig

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 21, 2011, 05:20:50 pm »

I came here with the intent of spending a few hours completely rereading the thread, meticulously noting down each players behaviour in a little text document, and then seriously cracking down and figuring out who amongst them looked the scummiest-
But yeah, no, OB
So, Nuke, I'm sure that you've got your promised analysis now, riiiiiight?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 22, 2011, 01:11:26 am »

I'm assuming that Urist Imiknorris was abducted by a Xenozoologist, on account of no roleflip.

Dariush:

...Did you really just go through the thread looking for everything addressed to me? Are you that desperate to get my attention off yourself, Urist I?

What were your reasons for your vote here?

OB, you're overdoing the jesterness a bit. And by 'a bit', I mean 'a fucking kilometer'.

What point are you trying to make here? What was your stance on Orangebottle at this point?

I'm unimpressed with the contributions from Pandarsenic, NativeForeigner, and Jokerman-EXE so far. But especially Pandarsenic.

Where are you, dude? I'd love it if you could make a decent post maybe once this game. And also if you could answer my question.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 22, 2011, 04:27:54 am »

...Did you really just go through the thread looking for everything addressed to me? Are you that desperate to get my attention off yourself, Urist I?
What were your reasons for your vote here?
Mostly pressure, but also mounting suspicion due to his 'winging' story.
What point are you trying to make here? What was your stance on Orangebottle at this point?
Point? Stop being a stupid jester. They simply make town waste a day. Stance? Stupid jester.

Also, Jim for the same reason as yesterday.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40