Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [3/7, 1/2, 1/1] - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 38774 times)

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [5/7, 1/2, 1/1] - Another One Down - D3
« Reply #225 on: December 23, 2011, 04:06:40 pm »

Mormota, you still haven't answered my question  :)

To your first, why did you place a vote on me when you did know that he was going to be replaced, the time was right after it was announced, all I'm asking is a reason though.

Because I utterly fail to see how the fact that Halmie is getting replaced connects to voting you, in any way, shape or form.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 24, 2011, 01:51:30 am »

Alright then.

Unvote, No-lynch. However if a kill happens in the night, we will be down to three town and two scum. We really need more information here, its too quiet.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 24, 2011, 12:39:49 pm »

And once again, the group decides it is best not to commit to anything and simply wait to see what happens.

No one has been lynched!

Power roles, mafia, send me your actions.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

I think you should lock the thread for the night.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [4/7, 1/2, 1/1] - Final Days - Replace needed - D4
« Reply #229 on: December 28, 2011, 02:58:42 am »

Day 4 has begun!

Mormota is the next to die. Seems exhaustion from paranoia did him in as much as the broken neck.

Mormota has died! He was a townie!

Day ends Friday, 9:00 PM PST. If there is an extension, it will be extended to Wednesday automatically for holiday purposes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 28, 2011, 03:05:52 am »

Mod: Should we wait for the replacement?

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 28, 2011, 03:56:11 am »

Bah! I fail to see how you now know more than you could get to know the previous day. Enjoy your scum win, people! Also, I'd like a link to deadchat...
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 28, 2011, 12:58:32 pm »

Considering that it is in fact LYLO, yes, a replacement is critical now. I'll accept anyone for replacement, of any skill level.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 29, 2011, 02:54:32 am »

Extend please, both for holiday purposes and a willing replacement, going over the past posts as about 3 out of the 5 are replacements.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 29, 2011, 05:20:05 am »

It's lylo, which means you must lynch scum or lose the game.

I advise you to look over the game and closely examine the remaining players, and ask questions about anything that comes up in your reread.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 29, 2011, 04:08:09 pm »

Oh, come on.

You all should be bitterly bickering with each other. Don't you want to win? Don't you want to play?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 29, 2011, 10:01:37 pm »

Other than seeing this die because of inactivity, and as it seems it is LYLO (with no visible replacement yet), I'm breaking it.

I'm the Cop.

A replacement for the original cop in other words. On the first day towards half of the second, ansontan2000 took hold of this until it was passed to me.

What I found was:

N1: Investigated Nilum, found out that he was of Town alignment. I can only guess because ansontan2000 was placed on his to-be-lynched list and wanted to find out if his scumhunting was not just a ruse.

N2: Dariush goes Town too. Being the only surviving IC, I figured that an experienced player might be able to turn the tables if he were mafia so I investigated him.

N3: I got roleblocked. I could not investigate Pnx.

On the second day, Mormota and FanofGaming both voted for me, though Mormota had two votes on him. Other than voting him back (which contradicted the arguments earlier) I did nothing, hoping to investigate him later on. I changed my mind and turned my attention to Dariush, explanation above.
Extend. Not much has been done today and I wouldn't feel comfortable about a lynch like this.

Third day and No lynch was had, my suspicion on Mormota was lowered when FanofGaming got NK'ed, then Pnx posted.

For Pnx, he was a replacement for drakon136 who replaced Remalle. I found some posts that may indicate his scumminess. On Halmie or his replacement, I have no leads.

Actually, I couldn't find much about them before the second day.

Spoiler: here (click to show/hide)

My guess on why ansontan2000 was asking general questions was that he wanted to be sure if Andrew125 was a townie, then he would also have other leads.

Spoiler: here (click to show/hide)

On scumhunting, it is stated that it is not a suspicious action but I think it is IF the leads go wrong as scum survive if they think like townies, I guess their only advantage is that they do know who their partner is and can fake attacks on each other as well as having the roleblock/godfather powerrole.

There is a roleblocker.

Pnx: Why did you state
Spoiler: this (click to show/hide)

A night kill is a night kill.
Looking at who was nightkilled never gives anybody any productive reads.

The person is dead.

On Day 3, the rate of scumhunting fell to nearly 0%. The mafia may have killed all those who were previously on the hunt for any of them, either by lurking or hoping the town will not post anything. But not me. I'm still alive.

Mod/IC: Is the extension still going on? I guess the inactivity could partly be caused by the holidays.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 30, 2011, 01:29:52 am »

Sorry for not being around, got distracted by a bunch of RL stuff and frankly forgot I was even supposed to be doing this.

Pnx: Why did you state
Spoiler: this (click to show/hide)

A night kill is a night kill.
Looking at who was nightkilled never gives anybody any productive reads.

The person is dead.
To answer your question, it was because I thought I had to say something, and frankly it probably was just because he was prominent and active. But I fail to see how this is actually scummy.

Tiruin.

What reason do I have to actually believe anything you're saying here? For all I know you've concocted the cop thing in order to lay blame at my feet, because frankly, this:

This strikes me as awfully convenient...

I find it hard to believe a Townie would make something like this up, so honestly, to me, you're looking very, very, scummy right now.

So I'll ask again, what reason do I have to believe you?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 30, 2011, 01:45:47 am »

Andrew425 is replacing in for Halmie. The day has been extended to Monday.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 30, 2011, 05:55:25 am »

Wow, this game is back from the dead. Who could have thought.
Tiruin.

What reason do I have to actually believe anything you're saying here? For all I know you've concocted the cop thing in order to lay blame at my feet, because frankly, this:

This strikes me as awfully convenient...

I find it hard to believe a Townie would make something like this up, so honestly, to me, you're looking very, very, scummy right now.
There are two things painfully wrong with this argument. 1) Tiruin can either be a cop or scum right now. Townie is just impossible. 2) Him being 'conveniently' roleblocked actually doesn't change anything - he already found two townies so by process of elimination you and Andrew must be scum. That response really looks like an overreaction, Pnx.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18