Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [3/7, 1/2, 1/1] - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 38810 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [5/7, 1/2, 1/1] - Another One Down - D3
« Reply #210 on: December 21, 2011, 01:53:31 pm »

Mormota: weekends don't count so it was 48 hours.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2011, 04:19:30 pm »

Nilum, this is that last post made by you I found. That was quite a long time ago. Why were you content to just sit by and let the day pass without a vote? Why did you not do anything?

Nilum is still in the game, right?
...yeah, I'm still in the game. Check 12 posts above yours.

I had a vote on you, to the best of my knowledge. At the very least, I hadn't unvoted you. Had I known the day was headed toward a no-lynch, I would've tried to be more active. For most of D2, the town was horribly quiet -- when we finally started getting replacements in, their reads were shallow or just plain stupid. I had assumed things would clear up by today, once we'd struck scum and had more information at our disposal.

To be completely honest, I thought you and Fanofgaming were scumbuddies up until today. He was trying desperately to push a lynch on one of the replacements over really stupid, amateurish mistakes. Then he bandwagoned with you on Tiruin. Somehow, he flipped Town, and I'm stuck rereading the past couple of days trying to see where I went wrong.

Since no one's said it yet: we're at mylo. If we mislynch, we lose. Our best course of action will be to nolynch today. This isn't an excuse to stop scumhunting, though.

I'm doing a reread and looking over Fanofgaming's posts -- now that we know we was town, they might prove illuminating.
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2011, 11:36:36 pm »

Strange, the same thought hit me when both Mormota and FanofGaming voted me because of a bandwagon. Honestly, I had no idea of how to know a lurker from an inactive one and I did hold my suspicion when they both did vote me after he was noted for replacement.

But...FanofGaming was declared town, that messed up my suspicions. Although, a no-lynch would also be fine in this situation as yesterday.

Still, Mormota, why did you vote me when you knew that Halmie was going to be replaced?

ICs or Mod:Don't we have about six players still alive? If there is a mislynch and a nightkill tonight then that leaves us with four players. Won't that still make the game playable? Is it possible to ask replacements questions that is normally asked on the first day?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 22, 2011, 12:04:32 am »

ICs or Mod:Don't we have about six players still alive? If there is a mislynch and a nightkill tonight then that leaves us with four players. Won't that still make the game playable? Is it possible to ask replacements questions that is normally asked on the first day?

In most cases, 4 players with 2 scum is a scum win, even at day.  The scum could just force a no lynch and kill someone in the night.

You can ask anyone anything.  Whether it's a good idea or not is up to you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 22, 2011, 12:27:45 am »

This situation is called milo: Mislynch and lose.

I'll tell you what the best course of action to do at milo later, when I actually see some hunting going on.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 22, 2011, 09:43:57 am »

I had a vote on you, to the best of my knowledge. At the very least, I hadn't unvoted you. Had I known the day was headed toward a no-lynch, I would've tried to be more active. For most of D2, the town was horribly quiet -- when we finally started getting replacements in, their reads were shallow or just plain stupid. I had assumed things would clear up by today, once we'd struck scum and had more information at our disposal.

So what? Having a vote on someone does not mean a pile of horse shit if you just sit on your vote.

Had you known? Had you known?! It was pretty fucking obvious, unless you were ignoring the whole game.

Since no one's said it yet: we're at mylo. If we mislynch, we lose. Our best course of action will be to nolynch today. This isn't an excuse to stop scumhunting, though.

No lynch? Why on Earth would we do that? What do you expect to get clearer the next day that we can't get to know now? The only thing that will happen tomorrow is LyLO, scum. Why would you want that, for any reason, unless you were scum?

Still, Mormota, why did you vote me when you knew that Halmie was going to be replaced?

I don't really see what you're getting at.

Strange, the same thought hit me when both Mormota and FanofGaming voted me because of a bandwagon.

How does one vote "because of a bandwagon" if one is the first to vote?
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 22, 2011, 10:09:39 am »

I don't really see what you're getting at.

Strange, the same thought hit me when both Mormota and FanofGaming voted me because of a bandwagon.

How does one vote "because of a bandwagon" if one is the first to vote?

To your first, why did you place a vote on me when you did know that he was going to be replaced, the time was right after it was announced, all I'm asking is a reason though.

For the second,
Tiruin, why would you vote Halmie? To force him out of hiding? That's already happening, bro. Come up with a better reason, because you won't get away with a quick town lynch, scum.

You do know that before me, you had your vote on him right?

So to put it down clearly, my suspicion was that you and FoG were scum, that you put your vote on me and he followed to achieve a no-lynch. Yes, my vote was out of ignorance and I restate, I did not know how to track a lurker/inactive then but I unvoted, even if it did not count thanks to Jim's reasoning. Keeping that out of mind now, I may err in judgement here. I don't want to lynch the wrong person but I'm keeping an eye on you.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 22, 2011, 06:33:10 pm »

I feel really stupid now, but my brain is unable to comprehend what you are asking me.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 22, 2011, 10:12:08 pm »

I feel guilty for not posting anything but I am completely at a loss for what to do. I think I may just really suck at Mafia.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 22, 2011, 10:20:40 pm »

Have you read through Days 1 and 2 yet? If you haven't you should. There's lots of advice given by the two ICs that might help you and give you some idea.

In general, pay lots of attention, look at what people have said and done, and ask questions about it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 23, 2011, 01:17:47 am »

To sum it all up, if we don't multiply our efforts and be more active, we will not win.

I'm here to learn but (IC/MOD) how does one continue tracking or start a hunt with so many replacements? Do we start interrogating each other?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 23, 2011, 01:48:30 am »

Yes. That is exactly what you do.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 23, 2011, 03:07:10 am »

Votecount:
Nilum [1]: Mormota
Not voting: Nilum, Tiruin, Pnx, Dariush, Halmie

Day ends Friday.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 23, 2011, 04:06:41 am »

Mormota, you still haven't answered my question  :)

Why isn't anyone else interrogating?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 23, 2011, 07:10:24 am »

No lynch? Why on Earth would we do that? What do you expect to get clearer the next day that we can't get to know now? The only thing that will happen tomorrow is LyLO, scum. Why would you want that, for any reason, unless you were scum?
No-lynching is a pretty good idea at MYLO, since next day we'll have one less person to risk mislynching. No lynch, but that isn't a reason to do nothing today.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18