Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48812 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 18: Presents]
« Reply #405 on: January 08, 2012, 09:50:32 pm »

"Up the steps first, so nothing can ambush us.

Oh, and, Skel, if you can't find anything, I've got a Fire Crab claw that you could... uhh... scratch enemies with."

Go up the steps. Slowly. Ready to potentially run away if I get face-to-face with a strong enemy.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 08, 2012, 10:06:54 pm »

"Makes sense. I'll go first."

Athara leads the way up the steps cautiously, weapon at the ready.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 10:42:40 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 08, 2012, 10:36:46 pm »

"Uh, no. I've got a shield, you don't. I should go first, because I can block a blow, while you cannot. I can stop an arrow, you cannot. It's much safer for all of us, especially for you, for me to go first."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 08, 2012, 10:42:11 pm »

Athara laughed briefly. "Maybe Ochita should go first. This environment is his wheelhouse, after all." Her wind magic - and Pitonous's fire magic, for that matter - wouldn't be that much use underwater, but a water mage in the ocean? He should be able to handle things. "But fine, if you're sure."

Go up the steps just behind Tarran,  staying ready for enemy encounters.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 08, 2012, 10:46:17 pm »

((Assume Drzkktizz is following along as well, in the back :P ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 08, 2012, 11:25:39 pm »

Mini-Turn!

Most or all of the group slowly ascends the stairs, wary of any danger. This paranoia intensifies as you near the top, and a heavy rushing sound becomes louder as you get closer.

The source of the sound becomes apparent as you clear the final steps, but it's only after Pitonous cautiously pokes his head through and then enters the doorway that you can fully tell what it is.

Apparently, the top of the structure is open- as is most of the floor. A band of solid ground rings the edge of the temple, but the middle is comprised of a giant hole. Within and above it swirls a dark vortex of water- presumably, this is the source of the heavy pull far above. Not surprisingly, it looks like the currents are flowing swiftly down.

What is surprising is that the vortex doesn't seem to occupy the whole thing. While you're wary of getting too close, lest the visible part be smaller than the actual effect, it seems as though there's sufficient room to get down without getting caught in the whirlpool. What's more, it looks like the shaft leads to multiple open rooms- in fact, the current floor looks like it may be the temple's narrowest point, as far as this tunnel is concerned.

As for whether there's anything in those rooms... hard to say. Some appear empty, some clearly have oddly-shaped debris in them, and almost all have visible doorways. The rooms themselves seem lit, though less severely, by the same light that permeates the outside, but the opening falls into darkness past a certain point.

Also, Skel glares angrily at Pitonous, and Drzkktizz contemplates the finer point of dissecting things for alchemy.

Spoiler: Alchemy! (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 08, 2012, 11:35:33 pm »

"Right. Down to our possible deaths, or go back outside and try those doors?"

((Also, speaking of alchemy, what use would Athara's feathers or Pitonous' scales be in alchemy? Worthless or awesome?))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 08, 2012, 11:41:59 pm »

(O.o Just for the idea of harvesting mah feathers, I'm going to point out that in your Dragon RTD, 'a mice' isn't correct. You want either mice or a mouse. :P)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 08, 2012, 11:54:33 pm »

((Depends what colors your scales are. :P

Perhaps, different scales correspond to different elements...

Also feathers are great for flying or levitation potion!. *plucks at Sc's feathers*))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 09, 2012, 12:04:48 am »

(>_< Why does everyone want my gorram feathers?! If you want to muck about with wings, get your own. I'mma start throwin' 'bows everywhere...)

Athara looked at the vortex distrustfully. "The entrances back down the stairs might lead to the same rooms... but who knows? The vortex didn't kill us on the way down, so we might be able to survive this. All the same, I'm not going to walk too close to it." She fiddled about with her piece of coral. "I guess my vote is for down the stairs. What about the rest of you?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 09, 2012, 12:11:02 am »

(O.o Just for the idea of harvesting mah feathers, I'm going to point out that in your Dragon RTD, 'a mice' isn't correct. You want either mice or a mouse. :P)
Shut up. Or you'll enter the game as a sweetroll instead of a dragon when you eventually get in.

((Depends what colors your scales are. :P

Perhaps, different scales correspond to different elements...

Also feathers are great for flying or levitation potion!. *plucks at Sc's feathers*))
My scales are gold.

(>_< Why does everyone want my gorram feathers?! If you want to muck about with wings, get your own. I'mma start throwin' 'bows everywhere...)
Hey, I'm not going to pick them off of you, I was just wondering if your feathers could be used as alchemy ingredients like my scales. I was just asking two questions at once so someone doesn't have to ask the other sometime in the future.

Athara looked at the vortex distrustfully. "The entrances back down the stairs might lead to the same rooms... but who knows? The vortex didn't kill us on the way down, so we might be able to survive this. All the same, I'm not going to walk too close to it." She fiddled about with her piece of coral. "I guess my vote is for down the stairs. What about the rest of you?"
"I would prefer to go from the outside for safety, but if we must go down the vortex then I have no objections."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 09, 2012, 12:24:56 am »

((Depends on what you were using them for and how many you got. Generally useless unless you get enough to suffer penalties, but the occasional harvest might not be noticeable. :3))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 09, 2012, 12:40:06 am »

FInd the others
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 09, 2012, 12:41:39 am »

FInd the others
You can be assumed to have gone along with them the whole time, if you'd like. In which case you can also try to get a boon out of the Empress (large monstrous merfolk thing, has several servants and slaves) if you'd like.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 09, 2012, 01:03:24 am »

((Depends on what you were using them for and how many you got. Generally useless unless you get enough to suffer penalties, but the occasional harvest might not be noticeable. :3))
What would happen if I removed a bunch of semi-loose ones from my back? Would they be useless? What kinds of penalties would I get?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 41