Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48803 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 17: Gifts and Similar]
« Reply #390 on: January 08, 2012, 02:04:16 am »

Heal Ochita's Wound Completely

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 08, 2012, 04:42:32 am »

Heal Ochita's Wound Completely
((Do bear in mind that you haven't had time to read that spellbook propery, so you'd be going off just your base skill.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 08, 2012, 04:50:31 am »

((Adwarf read that book.

I don't want to die.

Or go into !!! again.))
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 08, 2012, 05:29:28 am »

Drzkktizz took the book with a polite nod.

"Drzkktizz thanks-a debt owed to Aellar."

At that he began rapidly reading through, absorbing information in his own style. He commented on the journey as he did so.

"This Place very beautiful, no? Drzkktizz like this place, very peaceful. But no doubt danger lies underneath beauty, and we must be careful."

Action: Read Poison Spellbook
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 08, 2012, 06:07:38 am »

"Yes, we should be careful. I've met plenty of former adventurers that took swords, maces, and axes to the knees in places like this.

And of course, I almost lost my head--literally--several times when exploring an abandoned temple. It's absurd what kinds of things you'll find beneath abandoned temples."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 08, 2012, 06:47:42 am »

Drzkktizz nods

"Indeed-places there once Holy oft house great evil when the fall into despair, such is the way of things."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 08, 2012, 06:54:32 am »

"Heck, it's even worse when the temple was to an evil in the first place. There weren't even any rats in one of those temples when I searched it, just... masses, on the floor, that screamed like a small child if you stepped on them. I turned around and left the first three I stepped on."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 08, 2012, 01:51:32 pm »

New Action Upon Request:
Read my Book for a High Level Healing Spell to fix Ochita.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 08, 2012, 09:09:57 pm »

Turn 18: Presents

Read the wind book.
[6] You quickly devour the contents of the book, learning an advanced spell designed to force an opponent back using the wind.

[3] Still pleased with your progress, you grab a small chunk of probably useless but bright and multicolored coral.

Learned Spell: Gale Push
Wind level 3, forces an enemy away from you.

Read Fire spellbook.
[6] You manage to master the spell contained within, which happens to be a method of surrounding yourself with a brief burst of flame. It's not especially powerful and only lasts a moment or two, but it's enough to burn anything currently trying to eat you.

[6] You see something poking out of the sand and grab it. Turns out it's a fiery-colored foot-long crab claw. Hm... now that you look at it, it almost feels a bit warmer than a normal severed, probably empty claw should. That might mean it could be used as a reagent. It might also mean there's fire crabs around here somewhere.

Learned Spell: Flame Shroud
Fire level 2, creates a short, small burst of flame around you.

Action: Read Poison Spellbook
[3] You extract a simple but handy-sounding spell from the book- specifically, a long-ranged poison bolt, probably designed with skirmishing in mind.

[3] You pluck a sea anemone from its perch, a spot positively crowded with them. Its paralytic tentacles are of no concern to you, but that or other things might provide useful alchemical properties.

Skel shifts restlessly. "Unchain me and give me a weapon! I can't fight like this!"

Learned Spell: Poison Dart
Poison level 1, fires a tiny bolt of fairly weak, slow-acting poison at a target.

Read my Book for a High Level Healing Spell to fix Ochita.
[4] With some difficulty, you manage to learn the rather complex spell contained within. You're really not sure about your ability to cast it.

[3] You notice a long, narrow spiral shell and pocket it. You don't know what it could be good for, but it's easy enough to carry around or drop if it gets in the way.

Learned Spell: Major Mending
Restoration level 3, repairs serious structural damage to a living thing.

Quote from: Auto-0chita
Read book
[3] With nothing better to do, and figuring that reading can't be too stressful, you read your new water book. It apparently contains a spell for using a quick, slippery burst of water to make an enemy lose his grip on one step and hopefully slip. It would likely only be handy against weaker enemies, though.

[5] While lying down to avoid aggravating your injuries, you feel something in the sand. Shifting around to get a good grip on it, you manage to pull up a good-sized pearl! It's pretty, and about as big around as your thumbnail.

Learned Spell: Minor Slip
Water level 1, causes a weak enemy to stumble or slip.

Spoiler: Athara Opanine (click to show/hide)

I threw in free random looting rolls because requiring reading a book to take an entire turn was a terrible idea. Might have made more sense if everyone wasn't doing it all at once.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 18: Presents]
« Reply #399 on: January 08, 2012, 09:11:12 pm »

Use Major mending on Ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 08, 2012, 09:20:07 pm »

"Hope be trusting you, Skel-daughter-of Stormborn...you are last hope for people, and last hope for us.

Also, have no weapon personally. Will have to be searching for one."

Action: Try to unlock The Princess from her chains (though somehow I'm sure I don't have the plot key)
Otherwise, adjust her strength, perception and free will to max levels.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 08, 2012, 09:25:01 pm »

"Hope be trusting you, Skel-daughter-of Stormborn...you are last hope for people, and last hope for us.

Also, have no weapon personally. Will have to be searching for one."

Action: Try to unlock The Princess from her chains (though somehow I'm sure I don't have the plot key)
Otherwise, adjust her strength, perception and free will to max levels.

While you're correct about the collar, her manacles come off easily enough, and you push the settings as off as they can go.

She grumbles and starts looking around, presumably for a weapon.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 08, 2012, 09:38:21 pm »

Drzkktizz nods. He goes to work on the spiky thing.

Action: Experiment to see if I can extract two things from the anemone in the future.

1. Adhesive Goo
2. Paralytic Toxin

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 08, 2012, 09:39:27 pm »

Athara put the coral away, probably where she had kept the books, and looked to the temple. "Well, which way do you guys want to try? Go for the steps up or try one of the entrances at the bottom?" she asked, spreading her wings slightly before folding them again, almost like a shrug.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 08, 2012, 09:42:04 pm »

"Drzkktizz say we go to steps. Best to confront what this place has for us right away, I say."

Drzkktizz shrugged too, and went back to poking the spiky anemone with one of his long needles.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41