Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188122 times)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
Re: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - Try the new Water Slide attraction!
« Reply #2040 on: October 05, 2012, 10:25:09 am »

Unrelated side note, but the original behavior when we had both a baron and a count seems to have been a bug. I just had a completely seperate fort hit county, and my baron was upgraded vs. having both nobles.

Not sure why DF was bugged up so hard before ...
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: October 07, 2012, 01:54:32 pm »

Just got my computer working so I will be able to do my turn... I Think.
!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: October 07, 2012, 02:27:59 pm »

Sorry I couldn't update again, I've got a math test on Monday and I've had to study for it.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: October 08, 2012, 08:39:37 am »

Dastotamud Overseer's log
12th of Felsite, 110

One of the children has been taken by a fey mood, and has claimed a craftsdwarf's workshop.

14th of Felsite, 110

There has been a mining accident at the lower levels. One of the miners channeled themselves onto a small platform, and when another miner came to remove the platform (earlier designation), the results did not look good.

While the miner who removed the platform is merely stunned, both the trapped miner and her baby need hospital care.

15th of Felsite, 110

The fey child has begun a mysterious construction. Three pieces of lignite have been reserved for it.

16th of Felsite, 110

The last of the goblins has left the area.

17th of Felsite, 110

The elves have arrived. I assume we will have to remain on guard about goblin ambushes.

19th of Felsite, 110

The fey kid has finished his work: a lignite mug.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

1st of Hematite, 110

Well, another month has passed. At least something happened for a change.

The wounded dwarven baby, by the way, has crawled up the stairs to a certain level, but stopped there. Will follow the situation.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 10:51:22 am by Oliolli »

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: October 08, 2012, 10:45:35 am »

A small platform... lower levels... what are you up to in Hell?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: October 08, 2012, 10:52:09 am »

Not hell, I'm just trying to get access to all the adamantine about 10 levels above the Pit House.

I wouldn't send people into hell... yet. Demons, man!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: October 08, 2012, 11:11:49 am »

Not hell, I'm just trying to get access to all the adamantine about 10 levels above the Pit House.

If you're draining the old workshops, you could do that with a screwpump, a single square channelled down from the quarry level, and a dwarf who's not occupied with another task.  (At least I think it's only a level below the quarry...)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: October 08, 2012, 02:18:49 pm »

How did Hell get flooded anyways?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: October 08, 2012, 09:01:10 pm »

How did Hell get flooded anyways?

By me, of course.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: October 08, 2012, 09:41:07 pm »

Okay WHY did hell get flooded. I imagine it was a last ditch effort or something but I want Details even linking me to the post where it happened would be good.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: October 08, 2012, 09:43:59 pm »

Okay WHY did hell get flooded. I imagine it was a last ditch effort or something but I want Details even linking me to the post where it happened would be good.

Nope.  You gotta go read the original thread yourself.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: October 08, 2012, 10:07:00 pm »

I did I just forgot it. I believe that is how I stumbled upon this. Or at least I THINK I read the original thread it's just been a while. I think I finished it. I THINK...

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: October 10, 2012, 05:54:57 pm »

Soo... any progress?
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: October 10, 2012, 09:31:14 pm »

Doesn't look that way.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: October 11, 2012, 08:51:03 am »

Doesn't look that way.

Okay people, you know the drill.  Start taking bets on whether or not we ever see Oliolli again.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 167