Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30

Author Topic: Witches' Coven II: Happy Ends. Sort of. Unless you're an elf, of course.  (Read 41465 times)

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven II: Over Hill, Over Dale (Needs replace) (Day 2: 12/14)
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2011, 05:56:10 pm »

Toaster: I didn't vote because I didn't have any strong suspcions.  NUKE was being obvNUKE, Dariush was R-R-R-R-Raging against him for it (so obvDariush), and I felt Simple was town.  Everyone else was just kind of there, really.  I still find ECrown's flavor odd, and he hasn't answered my question to him about it yet either, but "that's kind of odd" isn't enough to justify a vote.

As for my voting Jim: I disagree.  This is a game where flavor is going to be important to finding scum, and you know this from Witches' Coven I.  Jim came to town with a scum player, and volunteered that he had a shared chat with said player.  I don't buy his story that they were neighbors rather than scumteam.  I'm voting him as part of a flavor hunt, and I consider it a valid strategy in a flavor based game.

ECrownofFire: I'd forgotten about my flavor question to you in our week long night, but now I remember it: you walk around half naked to feel the weather?  That makes no sense to me.  The rest of us can tell if it's hot, cold, rainy, or cloudy or what have you without walking around half naked, our dangly bits free in the breeze.  What gives with your eccentric weather obsession?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You forgot to put NUKE down as dead in the OP.

McArathos: Have the results of day/night 1 affected your suspicions? Are you going to contribute more than you did toward the end of D1?

Missed this tidbit right here on my first read.  N1 was very surprising.  NUKE's a crafty sort, so I'm more than a little surprised to see him killed so quickly.  The Witches had no kill last game, so if that's true again here (and we have witches here), we have potentially two scum teams AND a murderer (elf team, witch team (maybe), and vig/sk).  The mention from the mod flavor of "we must stop the elven invaders" suggests an entire elf team, and since we had no elves in the last game that makes them an entirely unknown faction.

D1 was less startling: I didn't think Simple was scum, and was hardly surprised when he flipped town.  I intend to contribute, of course.  I hadn't found much to work with in D1, but today seems to have a lot to generate discussion.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2011, 06:49:20 pm »

Oh god wait a minute. There's an elf king, and if Jim is a plain elf either it's godfather/mafioso or we have a cult on our hands.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2011, 07:49:19 pm »

Votecount:
Urist Imiknorris  - 0 - 
Think0028  - 0 - 
Powder Miner  - 0 - 
ECrownofFire  - 4 -  Think0028, Jim Groovester, Toaster, Urist Imiknorris
Ottofar  - 0 - 
Jim Groovester  - 3 -  Dariush, Urist_McArathos, Native Foreigner
NativeForeigner  - 0 -
Vector  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 0 - 
Jack AT  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 0 - 
Urist_McArathos  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 5 - Powder Miner, ECrownofFire, Ottofar, Vector, Jack AT
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

The day will end in ~15 hours.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2011, 08:36:22 pm »

Extend. There are too many people doing too little.

Powder Miner: Why aren't you scumhunting? Speculation does not lynch scum. Who do you find most suspicious and why aren't you voting them?

Ottofar: You said you would participate more today. Why aren't you?

Jack, Think: Are you trying to lurk out the rest of the day? The dead guy has made more posts than you two.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2011, 09:08:12 pm »

Extend

I'm not okay with the day ending until I hear more from ECrown and Jim, for starters.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2011, 10:22:56 pm »

Urist:
As for my voting Jim: I disagree.  This is a game where flavor is going to be important to finding scum, and you know this from Witches' Coven I.  Jim came to town with a scum player, and volunteered that he had a shared chat with said player.  I don't buy his story that they were neighbors rather than scumteam.  I'm voting him as part of a flavor hunt, and I consider it a valid strategy in a flavor based game.

And Jim and Flandre had a non-aligned chat last game.  Do you have more of a case on him?

Extend so more people can vote Crown.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2011, 11:18:48 pm »

Jack, Think: Are you trying to lurk out the rest of the day? The dead guy has made more posts than you two.

I have been either away or asleep for the majority of the day.  I have no intention to lurk through the day.

Extend.

Now, my observations.  Due to a NUKE/Jim elfteam being a popular theory, I first went through looking at their interactions D1.  The main interaction, aside from flavour, was an argument in which Jim tried to get NUKE to actually answer a question.  Jim also attacked NUKE for his case on Simple, but eventually just called NUKE an idiot.  Nothing hugely notable there, at least to me.

The player who stood out to me was ECrownofFire.  Specifically, this post:

-ECrownOfFire the half-naked Latin teacher. Half naked. Strange business, that.
It's to feel the weather...

Posting more later.

Guess what topic he never posted about again?  This.  Guess what he posted after this?  Only responses to things after this post, and mostly lacking in substance at that.

Also notable:

I'm sorry, I don't understand.

How is that WIFOM?

(No, really, I don't understand)
You're basically saying "that's what he wants us to think" with the SK flavor and "confusion" that would result.
Right after a post where he was asked a question by McArathos, which Crown proceeded to ignore.

That, plus an overly panicky reaction to the letters, makes me rather distrust him.  ECrownofFire.

I don't like the letters, but Crown's scummy outside of them.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2011, 11:42:02 pm »

Urist:

And Jim and Flandre had a non-aligned chat last game.  Do you have more of a case on him?

Not yet, that's why I've extended and specifically stated I wanted to hear more from him.  He and Flandre were lovers, NUKE and he aren't.  They could be neighbors, they could be a scum team.  They came from out of town together, and he's claiming nothing, NOTHING he saw in the process of hanging out with this guy and coming to town seemed odd?  Really?  This elf managed to perfectly imitate the actor he possessed?  I'm not willing to take Jim's word on faith, so I'm going to press him until I'm convinced.

Besides, we know there are more elves, so Jim's our best lead for now on them anyway.

Extend so more people can vote Crown.

Nice thing to throw in after criticizing my case.  Is my reason for investigating Jim really that pointless, or are you just mad I'm not on your wagon?
On the Nature of Dwarves

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2011, 12:06:18 am »

Extend. Occupied with schoolwork; can't anticipate posting anything significant until Thursday, possibly Wednesday if I'm lucky.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2011, 01:08:27 am »

Could someone please come up with an original argument? Anyone?

Nobody? Alright, fine.

ECrownofFire:
Oh, and in reply to whatever there is, it's not WIFOM, I know that, I got my terms a bit mixed up there. If it's from Simple, how the hell is he supposed to know if I'm scum or not since he's a vanilla villager? If it's from NUKE, he's scum trying to pull a mislynch.

You seem to have ignored me:

Perhaps you could describe what you actually meant. Or are you out of excuses?

Also, why are you so focused on the words being written by a dead person? Do you know something we don't?
What I actually meant was that the words could be from anyone. Scum or town. Either way, they mean nothing because scum would want a mislynch and town has no idea if I'm scum or not and it's basically a big OMGUS from beyond the grave.

And I'm only going off of what Jim has said for the "haunting thing". Could it be from a live person? Sure, but the priest said he hasn't come into contact with anyone living, which only leaves magical scum.

Yes, I was wrong about it being WIFOM. Sort of. Fuck, I don't know.

Anyway, Urist_McArathos is sitting over there admitting to not going after anybody D1 and considering me scum because of my clothing/flavor. Sounds to me a lot like scum lurking D1, then pushing an easy lynch.

By the way, PM, if we do have a cult, it was rather short lived, don't you think?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2011, 01:18:37 am »

Imiknorris: It's been a long day, so, pardon my French, laisse-moi.

Crown: McArathos hasn't actually voted you yet, and is in fact claiming Toaster's mad that he's 'not on [Toaster's] wagon'. And how is suspecting your flavor pushing an easy lynch?

Powder: Why so worried about a cult? Afraid they're going to undermine your hard work as scum?

Extend because I'm absolutely fucked this week with school work (pardon my English).

If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2011, 01:25:44 am »

Crown: You have been asked by McArathos to explain more about your clothing/weather behaviour twice now.  The first time, you just ignored it completely.  This time, you're attacking him for asking.  Please stop evading the question, and answer it.  If that is not possible, at least give a reason for not answering it.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2011, 01:39:38 am »

It's part of my fucking flavor, I don't see how that could point to ANYTHING useful outside of whether or not I'm a miller.

I dress "thinly verging on the inappropriate". When people ask, I say it's to feel the weather.

There is literally NOTHING more to it. I already said all that there was to be said on D1.

Also, Think, the key word there is "yet". He could be setting one up for a chain-lynch, or a secondary one to fall back on in case the current Jim thing falls through.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2011, 01:58:14 am »

Crown: Flavor time. Is there a specific reason you're visiting your parents?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30