Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: If You Could Choose One Thing  (Read 2741 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: If You Could Choose One Thing
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 10:40:41 pm »

Making EVERYTHING moddable. If nothing else, it would accelerate development time.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 01:16:50 pm »

For the time being, I'd like to see dwarves wearing clothes again...

However, since this is anything... Multiple planes and the ability to go between them would be nice. Maybe the circus is just a gateway leading to a truly massive carnival.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 01:43:02 pm »

I would love to have a surface substance that, if someone dies, it would raise the corpse. Even better if it was a syndrome, so it would spread by water.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 03:20:33 pm »

Making EVERYTHING moddable. If nothing else, it would accelerate development time.
That's cheating! You've gamed this thread to give yourself the ability to change "everything" about the game. Go again please.

I'd have animals be a lot harder to find and far more rare. It's a bit ridiculous that you can start a peasant, walk into a forest, and club hundreds of little (and big) critters around you.
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing

Charey Wolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2011, 12:35:50 am »

Making NPC interactions in adventure mode more varied. Right now it's "Hi [insert name here] what do you need me to kill? Bye"

It would be interesting if you could make small talk maybe help out with their work or join an army. Maybe you decide I hate this town I'm going to join the bandit group down the road.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2011, 02:06:49 am »

Full fledged skills and crafting in adventure mode. *sigh* I'll never fulfill my lifelong fantasy of being a legendary cheese-maker without them.

Wooden houses decorated with totems of your fallen enemies everyone, anyone?
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2011, 10:47:46 pm »

I would have all the development skip to the release of release 5 of the caravan arc.

Because that release is just oh.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 04:30:12 am »

Full fledged skills and crafting in adventure mode. *sigh* I'll never fulfill my lifelong fantasy of being a legendary cheese-maker without them.

Wooden houses decorated with totems of your fallen enemies everyone, anyone?

Read the development page and drool.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Iton Ibrukrithzam

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Curious nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 05:08:15 am »

My gut response is to overhaul the UI, but I'm getting pretty used to it, now.

Thinking on it, I'm actually fairly content to see what Tarn comes up with.  I could spew ideas, but none seem too great, atm.
Iton Ibrukrithzam enjoys mahogany, diorite, jade, and native gold.  He enjoys giant tigers for their predatory nature, foxes for their many tails, and boobs for their fine shape.  He is absolutely disgusted by spiders.  When possible, he prefers to consume pizza, soda, and goldschlager.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 09:45:48 am »

Oh man, not time travel, please. I can't stand time travel.

I'd chose a built in visualizer with all the bells and whistles so you wouldn't have to rely on third party programs. I doubt Toady is going to get around to doing that for a long time and it's always cool to see what you've built.

Iton Ibrukrithzam

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Curious nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2011, 09:51:09 am »

Clearly you need a TARDIS.
Iton Ibrukrithzam enjoys mahogany, diorite, jade, and native gold.  He enjoys giant tigers for their predatory nature, foxes for their many tails, and boobs for their fine shape.  He is absolutely disgusted by spiders.  When possible, he prefers to consume pizza, soda, and goldschlager.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2011, 11:10:32 am »

Anything? Magic? Unlimited FPS!

From things possible (and planned): Improved sieges ( http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev.html ).
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2011, 03:54:35 pm »

Can we change the programming language? I'd change it to something that works on the same wavelength frequency magic as Toady's brain so that we'd have a finished product in a year my lifetime. Or at least before I have kids old enough to be scarred when they find out what daddy's really been doing with his squigglies and smiley faces all these years =x

But within the realm of possibilities? Probably the ability to siege/colonize and have the colonies send tribute or aid in times of need. Granted you'd probably need to aid them and send your best commander to train them to be fighting machines. Granted if you had taken over the goblins you'd be training a force that very well could rebel against you, slaughter the handful of dwarfs you had sent to keep them stable, and march against you with the weapons and armor you had given them forcing you to break out the magma and baby cannons. Oh god I can't wait.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2011, 05:22:54 pm »

Actually, I changed my mind. I'd like a bit of code that automatically renders everything in modern-quality graphics, (or better or worse depending on settings) without Toady needing to do additional work. Imagine how the userbase would increase!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2011, 06:14:19 pm »

Actually, I changed my mind. I'd like a bit of code that automatically renders everything in modern-quality graphics, (or better or worse depending on settings) without Toady needing to do additional work. Imagine how the userbase would increase!

Think of the fanboys. Think of the annoying children screaming;
IT'S NOT FAIR, WHY DON'T THESE F*@!/&% DWARVES DO ANYTHING? WHY AM I BEING KILLED BY BAGDERS?
(Progressing into xbox-like rage)

Would uber graphics be worth it? WOULD THEY?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4