Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Internet Crackpot Appreciation Thread  (Read 10406 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Internet Crackpot Appreciation Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2011, 06:42:41 pm »

I'm not sure if I should attach a thatsthejoke.jpg because I forgot if I actually intended that as a joke. Ah well.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2011, 06:53:24 pm »

Have any of you read High Weirdness By Mail and High Weirdness By Web by the Reverend Ivan Stang?

They're rather exhaustive categorized directories of crackpot organizations.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2011, 08:09:38 pm »

I doubt conservapedia is actually written by conservatives. It's like Stephen Colbert- he's not actually conservative, but he acts like it and also like an idiot to make fun of conservatives.
It's founded by a very paranoid conservative who kicks out anyone who disagrees with him (leaving basically parodists).

Adding to my todo-list: Sign up on conservapeida (wow I am even unconsciously misspelling it :V), troll the shit out of it by writing overt and blatant parodies, and see if any of them get removed.
They're pretty aggressive and will ban you for up to 20 years for doing things like that.  Heck, the founder has banned entire countries.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2011, 08:12:13 pm »

Theres a website called God Hates Elves......
But that pretty acurate.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 08:16:55 pm by UltraValican »
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2011, 08:15:11 pm »

They're pretty aggressive and will ban you for up to 20 years for doing things like that.  Heck, the founder has banned entire countries.
Now that's something I want to have on my résumé :V

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2011, 08:40:43 pm »

Still to read past page one of this thread, so no idea if mentioned, but I was always a fan an appreciative reader an observer of that McElwaine guy ("UN-altered REPRODUCTION and DISSEMINATION of this IMPORTANT Information is ENCOURAGED").

The time-cube site was (still is, I suppose) the one I'll most often point to on the Web for anyone wanting to see what sort of crazy things (SFW) is out there.  That or www.yvettesbridalformal.com/ for the budding website designer, even though the latter is apparently a real business and thus not eligible to be considered a crackpot.

(Haven't been to the Yvette's site for a while, and can't check it now because I'm recording audio, at the moment, and the incessant background music would spoil that.  I hope it's still as bad.  See if you can find the 'hand drawn' map of how to get to the shop itself. :) )

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2011, 08:49:03 pm »

The Flat Earth Society

Reminds me of the old gag, which probably doesn't bear repeating/paraphrasing but I will do anyway:

"The Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe, while the Round Earth Society also claims members from all four corners of the Earth."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2011, 08:53:38 pm »

I'm 100% sure that the Flat Earth Society is full of only trolls pretending that they believe that there is a flat earth.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2011, 09:11:52 pm »

(Haven't been to the Yvette's site for a while, and can't check it now because I'm recording audio, at the moment, and the incessant background music would spoil that.  I hope it's still as bad.  See if you can find the 'hand drawn' map of how to get to the shop itself. :) )

Got a chance to look at it, just now.  Still very much the same, and finally found the map, but they've apparently moved.

http://www.yvettesbridalformal.com/Yvettes_New_Location1.html

(Luckily, it's almost exactly the same style of map.  Perhaps a bit neater and slightly less cluttered.  If you can imagine it.)

Decided also to look at the Fine Art For Sale page, and among some rather varied items there is the Launrau the Seffakolian image.

This site is even better than before!  Still can't consider them to be crackpots (and they might possibly be utter geniuses in Marketing, in the same kind of way that Boris Johnson might be for politics...), but...  but...  but... well, it makes me speechless, which isn't an easy thing to do.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2011, 09:27:23 pm »

Got a chance to look at it, just now.  Still very much the same, and finally found the map, but they've apparently moved.

http://www.yvettesbridalformal.com/Yvettes_New_Location1.html

(Luckily, it's almost exactly the same style of map.  Perhaps a bit neater and slightly less cluttered.  If you can imagine it.)

Decided also to look at the Fine Art For Sale page, and among some rather varied items there is the Launrau the Seffakolian image.

This site is even better than before!  Still can't consider them to be crackpots (and they might possibly be utter geniuses in Marketing, in the same kind of way that Boris Johnson might be for politics...), but...  but...  but... well, it makes me speechless, which isn't an easy thing to do.
WTF....it's like Geocities exploded in my eyeballs.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2011, 05:27:50 am »

Not to mention he'll get the FBI involved.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2011, 06:28:36 am »

Not to mention he'll get the FBI involved.
AHAHAHAHA I'd like to see him try.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2011, 09:41:29 pm »

Well, you know that the Earth is flat, right? These people sure do. The front page links to a wiki, library, and forums for endless fun.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2011, 09:47:12 pm »

To those of you that have heard of Time Cube, I present to you the Time Cube RPG:

http://www.folded.com/jeff/fridge/timecube.shtml

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2011, 10:34:04 pm »

Adding to my todo-list: Sign up on conservapeida (wow I am even unconsciously misspelling it :V), troll the shit out of it by writing overt and blatant parodies, and see if any of them get removed.

That's what alternate aliases and masked addresses are for.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7