Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Eaten Alive  (Read 7620 times)

TantrumTime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eaten Alive
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2011, 01:07:13 am »

Necromancers should be able to reanimate the various half-digested things in a FB's stomach, command them to tear the beasts innards apart, then have the reanimated FB and its breakfast attack the dwarfs.
Somewhere along the way this innocent thread about cheese went horribly, horribly wrong.
I'd say it's par for the course. Did you see that crundle thread? That one started out wrong.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2011, 01:12:20 am »

Necromancers should be able to reanimate the various half-digested things in a FB's stomach, command them to tear the beasts innards apart, then have the reanimated FB and its breakfast attack the dwarfs.
Okay, now that would seriously be wicked Fun. :D
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2011, 11:11:15 am »

I'd love to see some chestburster action in DF.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 03:06:56 pm »

I'd love to see some chestburster action in DF.

>Parasites D: thread.

R.I.P :'(

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2011, 07:08:13 pm »

Yes, carnivorous creatures with a mouth should have an "eat" attack they can use on substantially smaller creatures. [...]
creatures swallowed whole could perhaps get a few ticks to counter with an attack from inside,

Hmmm.. War Cavies.  Loads and loads and loads of war cavies.

That is all.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2011, 08:33:34 am »

The ability for a dragon to eat your dwarves whole would make it rather interesting to fight them in close combat. It'd also be at the very least somewhat amusing to rescue your dwarf after slaying the dragon. It would also be something interesting in adventure mode too.
The idea of rescuing dwarves that have been swallowed immediately reminded me of Tremors 3 for some reason...anyways, I like the idea overall. However, I'm not sure how fun it would be to have to fight a hydra or whatever from the inside in Adventure Mode, and it would be annoying if your best warriors got one-hit-killed by getting eaten, and dwarves/modded races need to be able to gain sustenance from eating creatures whole. Oh, and vomiting up indigestible parts (armor, weapons, possibly skeleton) would be a good idea.

My thoughts: If a dwarf was eaten by a dragon, and still alive and kicking, he would have to be able to cut himself out of the dragon's stomach. That would be both gruesome and undeniably epic.
Undeniably awesome, undeniably necessary.

Okay, now that would seriously be wicked Fun. :D
Hm...necromancers animating flesh inside your dwarves' stomachs...oh god that's terrifying.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2011, 02:01:26 pm »

I am now reminded of the idea of sustaining oneself by eating just enough of a regenerating-beast's magical flesh to deal with one's nutritious needs without either overwhelming the lump with digestive juices and destroying it completely or not being able to stop it from regenerating into the full creature within (at least initially) your stomach.

Not much to do with this thread, but a strikingly resurrected memory. :)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2011, 05:36:38 pm »

So... An elf eating a dwarf which has a god-like healing rate would never hunger again?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2011, 05:42:18 pm »

If it ate just enough, yes, but one bite too much and soon...  Chestburster Dwarf!

(Actually, I believe it was Orcflesh in D&D that was being discussed, or similar, but it was in a thread with loads of other examples, IIRC, and my memory's hazy enough at the best of times.)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2011, 05:44:06 pm »

I now have the best image of an elf slowly being taken over from the inside out by a dwarf feeding off wild strawberries, before bursting out of it's skull in an Athena-like fashion, and becoming King of the Elves, and doing it RIGHT. Like a Dwarf.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2011, 06:28:50 pm »

I now have the best image of an elf slowly being taken over from the inside out by a dwarf feeding off wild strawberries, before bursting out of it's skull in an Athena-like fashion, and becoming King of the Elves, and doing it RIGHT. Like a Dwarf.
Wow, if that happened I might actually like elves.

Might.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2011, 06:44:16 pm »

Wow, if that happened I might actually like elves.

Might.

This is now on my list of challenges yet to accept.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2011, 11:59:23 pm »

Ever heard of black racers?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coluber_constrictor
If you are fast enough, and big enough, you really don't need to mess around with prolonged combat...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2011, 07:09:21 am »

Ever heard of black racers?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coluber_constrictor
If you are fast enough, and big enough, you really don't need to mess around with prolonged combat...

/hydra/

Charey Wolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2011, 03:04:56 pm »

You wouldn't need to kill whatever creature ate your dwarf to save them, you just need to make the creature vomit.

I did did the idea of in adventure mode get a nausea inducing, ingest syndrome-material on your armor to protect yourself from being digested
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4