Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Eaten Alive  (Read 7598 times)

Kallin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Eaten Alive
« on: November 13, 2011, 04:09:13 pm »

Well, this is at the very least semi-serious. I'm guessing most of you guys have seen or heard about the news article reporting how a circus performer dwarf was eaten by a hippo because of an accident. While it seems quite unlikely, given the sheer improbability as well as the fact that, hippos have big mouths but not throats. Anyways, the game has hippos, but it also has rather larger creatures in it as well. Most notably would be things like dragons, or other beasts of that size and nature.

The ability for a dragon to eat your dwarves whole would make it rather interesting to fight them in close combat. It'd also be at the very least somewhat amusing to rescue your dwarf after slaying the dragon. It would also be something interesting in adventure mode too.
I'm on and off. I usually pop up for a few months then head out for a few.

You've got tentacle teeth or ribbon goblins.  Pick your poison.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Eaten Alive
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 04:10:38 pm »

Elves.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 04:11:18 pm »

Elves eat you when you cease to be alive.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Kallin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 04:12:44 pm »

Well, yes, elves eat your dorfs. However, they tend to do that after murdering them viciously because they cut down a tree.

Although it would be amusing to tame a dragon and then feed it elves.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 04:17:13 pm »

No, this thread is about being eaten alive? Yes?

Well then have elves eat your dwarves alive, and use useful weapons :D
Like hundreds of elves migrating to your fortress to hunt your dwarves.
Om nom nom.

It would make them *that* more badass. So you know, they will be on the roughly the same level of a Kobold.

Kallin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 04:25:23 pm »

Om nom nom.

It would make them *that* more badass. So you know, they will be on the roughly the same level of a Kobold.

That would make the Trade Depot so much more hilarious.
*Urist McTrader offers several items that have wood on them*
Elf McHungry: "You continue to disrespect the forest. We will leave then." *NOM* :P
Urist McTrader has been taken by the elves!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 04:26:40 pm »

Om nom nom.

That would make the Trade Depot so much more hilarious.
*Urist McTrader offers several items that have wood on them*
Elf McHungry: "You continue to disrespect the forest. We will leave then." *NOM* :P
Urist McTrader has been taken by the elves!

PULL THE LEVER!

Wait. Where have the elves gone  :'(

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 04:33:05 pm »

This idea's title summary made me think that big enough creatures (or "blob"-based FBs, and the like) making a variant on the bite-attack should just swallow their opponents whole.  If they have teeth, they either chose not to use them or critically failed (or critically over-succeeded) in the process of a normal bite-attack.

I sort of imagine that there might be the occasional dwarf 'caged' within an FB, dragon or other suitable enemy, gaining XXdamaged clothingXX and burn-type injuries (according to the creature's nature, with other possibilities available), but possibly capable of freeing themselves or of being freed by others (with the termination, or near-fatal incapacitation, of the 'host'), according to the weaponry at hand and general combat success of course.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 04:36:18 pm »

This idea's title summary made me think that big enough creatures (or "blob"-based FBs, and the like) making a variant on the bite-attack should just swallow their opponents whole.  If they have teeth, they either chose not to use them or critically failed (or critically over-succeeded) in the process of a normal bite-attack.

I sort of imagine that there might be the occasional dwarf 'caged' within an FB, dragon or other suitable enemy, gaining XXdamaged clothingXX and burn-type injuries (according to the creature's nature, with other possibilities available), but possibly capable of freeing themselves or of being freed by others (with the termination, or near-fatal incapacitation, of the 'host'), according to the weaponry at hand and general combat success of course.

OP FB'S!!!111!!one!111!!!!

Perhaps this should only happen to unconscious dwarves/bits of furniture? :P

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 04:40:49 pm »

I don't think any elf could eat a dorf alive. The size difference is way too small...
If it ever was to happen you would need really large elves.

Also notice that animals that eat their prey whole (snakes) usually make sure you are dead (or close to being dead) via poison or bone shattering strangling before attempting to eat you because i don't think anything would have a chance of surviving with a angry creature (especially it has a beard and is armed with an axe) in it's stomach. It would most likely end with massive internal bleeding  that will lead to the eaters demise.

In other news.
Voraphiles. Voraphiles everywhere.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 04:44:04 pm »

I don't think any elf could eat a dorf alive. The size difference is way too small...
If it ever was to happen you would need really large elves.

Also notice that animals that eat their prey whole (snakes) usually make sure you are dead (or close to being dead) via poison or bone shattering strangling before attempting to eat you because i don't think anything would have a chance of surviving with a angry creature (especially it has a beard and is armed with an axe) in it's stomach. It would most likely end with massive internal bleeding  that will lead to the eaters demise.

In other news.
Voraphiles. Voraphiles everywhere.

Elves already eat Dorves dead. Why not alive? :P
ELF SNATCHERS!!

Kallin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 05:27:51 pm »

Actually that's kind of what I was getting at. :P

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 05:34:06 pm »

Good, I thought so, but talk went quickly towards the issue of Elves.

(But not !!MAGMA!!.  And can I say that it's refreshing that no-one has yet mentioned magma in this threa...   oh.)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 05:55:00 pm »

Good, I thought so, but talk went quickly towards the issue of Elves.

(But not !!MAGMA!!.  And can I say that it's refreshing that no-one has yet mentioned magma in this threa...   oh.)

Hey, unless you're thinking of magma eating people alive, that's OFF TOPIC.

Elves are a realistic candidate for live sentient buffet :D

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 06:10:34 pm »

This reminds me strongly of the picture in the "DF2010:Losing" article in the magmawiki:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My thoughts: If a dwarf was eaten by a dragon, and still alive and kicking, he would have to be able to cut himself out of the dragon's stomach. That would be both gruesome and undeniably epic.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand
Pages: [1] 2 3 4