Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 827253 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2790 on: July 10, 2012, 11:08:24 pm »

I think... Don't you mean Syrupleaf? Unless there's another THEM that I'm forgetting?

(EDIT: Huh, never thought that'd be what it'd take to make me delurk :\)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 11:10:27 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: July 10, 2012, 11:14:33 pm »

I think... Don't you mean Syrupleaf? Unless there's another THEM that I'm forgetting?

(EDIT: Huh, never thought that'd be what it'd take to make me delurk :\)

Syrupleaf was a sequel to Headshoots. Also welcome to the land of the not-so-living.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: July 10, 2012, 11:18:02 pm »

Rather than adding in Holistic Spawn
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
we should think of an appropriate foe from this fortress saga.

Stuzang spawn?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: July 10, 2012, 11:23:13 pm »

What? Endless hordes of spectres are not appropriate? Do we not have enough tortured, unmemorialized souls? :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: July 10, 2012, 11:26:09 pm »

But weren't THEY technically introduced in Syrupleaf, which means that in the context of your statement Eh, who cares? I certainly don't. Ahem.

I haven't technically been initiated yet. I still must first pass through the 170 Pages Of Madness. (Naturally, I only began reading once everything was already winding down :V)

I'm decently-skilled at modding creatures, if any help is needed. I'm not exactly up to speed on the Fail-Mythos, though.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: July 10, 2012, 11:42:18 pm »

But weren't THEY technically introduced in Syrupleaf, which means that in the context of your statement Eh, who cares? I certainly don't. Ahem.

I haven't technically been initiated yet. I still must first pass through the 170 Pages Of Madness. (Naturally, I only began reading once everything was already winding down :V)

I'm decently-skilled at modding creatures, if any help is needed. I'm not exactly up to speed on the Fail-Mythos, though.

It's late. I'm tired. I was thinking THEY were a monster originally introduced in Headshoots and carried over into Syrupleaf. Just goes to show that I need to re-read those stories. Whichever story they were from, I want them.

Also Headshoots had a working cannon (WEAPON, and then, later, WEAPONTRIBUTE). Damnit, people, are cannons really that hard?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: July 10, 2012, 11:52:47 pm »

I don't think we'd need extra hands at modding creatures; I am perfectly capable of handling complex creature raws and their relationships to the other raw objects, and it's not like we can type in the same text document at the same time. However, if you have a totally awesome idea, then you should totally do it!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: July 11, 2012, 12:27:42 am »

Totally awesome ideas are alright, I still think though that we should use some stuff of our own rather than steal from someone else. I have no idea about the mythos of this fort series though, because I sort of haven't kept up with it at all. Don't we have enough dead already and violations of time and space to make a hostile civ from it?

The dead from previous forts? Is there even any deity or anything appropriate that'd be interested in raising an army of the dead and assault everything? If so, appropriate course of action would be to give all the dead the ability to raise corpses. Wouldn't even need an evil embark or a tower nearby then to get undead attackers within.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: July 11, 2012, 12:50:39 am »

Awesome idea? Me? :p

I probably shouldn't be dabbling in the mythos too much, seeing as how I'm only 30 pages into this thread, have not read Failcannon at all, and remember almost nothing about Battlefailed except for the fact that I probably would not have believed a single word of it had there not been screenshots.

From what I've read early in the thread, there could be some sort of Big Nasty Thing(s) that got in when Gizogin used the fabric of reality as his personal notepad, but that seems kind of cliche.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: July 11, 2012, 01:19:06 am »

I don't think cliché's are bad right now, since every fort in this saga tends to build a superweapon where magma is involved one way or another. Now THAT'S cliché. At least I think that's what happens. I sort of have forgot most of what has happened in the forts.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: July 11, 2012, 01:20:31 am »

Don't forget GLACIERASER and WEAPON X AND Y.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: July 11, 2012, 02:28:23 am »

I think you've all forgotten the greatest enemy the fort has to face on a daily basis, ever working to undermine and destroy the place in spectacular fashion

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: July 11, 2012, 04:07:58 am »

Urist: "Explain to me again how you created an army of magma-wielding werepire necromancers using only your Junior Spy Kit?"
Aussie: "I would, but I'm afraid having already told you once means I now have to kill you. Apologies."

Urist McSap has been missing for a week.

EDIT: What about that... thing... that happened in the original Battlefailed, where there was this numbing white powder and everyone joked about how it was cocaine and it was really funny until it turned out that the powder rotted victims' brains out a month after initial exposure or something like that (after which it became absolutely hilarious)? Could we maybe wrangle some sort of zombified abomination out of that? Hey, it's 3:30am, they can't all be winners.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 04:27:06 am by Mr Frog »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: July 11, 2012, 04:39:53 am »

Hey, that Junior Impersonator Kit (Deluxe Edition with Real Horsehair Beards!, 3 Gold Pieces) has gotten my dwarf through two forts so far.

Besides, it's the Aussie Book of Engineering Trickery you have to really worry about...

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: July 11, 2012, 07:10:28 am »

Totally awesome ideas are alright, I still think though that we should use some stuff of our own rather than steal from someone else. I have no idea about the mythos of this fort series though, because I sort of haven't kept up with it at all. Don't we have enough dead already and violations of time and space to make a hostile civ from it?

The dead from previous forts? Is there even any deity or anything appropriate that'd be interested in raising an army of the dead and assault everything? If so, appropriate course of action would be to give all the dead the ability to raise corpses. Wouldn't even need an evil embark or a tower nearby then to get undead attackers within.

Queen Led would make a fitting deity for the dead. Making a civ out of the overseers from the first three forts that attacks the next fort? Awesome.

Perhaps we could say that, in order to make ourselves perfectly good, we completely banished the evil from ourselves. That evil became our shadow selves, formed a civ, and started wreaking havoc on life, the universe, and everything. Unfortunately, that would require us to actually plan a fort's design so that it looks like a citadel of righteousness instead of a massive, chaotic clusterfuck.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 208