Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Godhood: A New Land(OOC)  (Read 16702 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Godhood: A New Land(OOC)
« on: November 02, 2011, 05:28:04 pm »

Well, I might be insane for trying this, but here goes nothing: New Godhood! Same rules as the last one (here, for those who haven't played before), with a couple minor/major changes:

1. I'll be taking three types of players:
Gods: Pretty simple. Play a god, using Acts to change the world. No different from the past games. I'll take up to 8.
Heroes: Smaller-scale than gods, but more direct. Heroes have "Heroics" instead of Acts, but beyond that the gameplay is similar. Spend Heroics to pull off otherwise impossible stunts, and shape the world on a smaller scale than gods. Heroes are mortal, but heroism is a universal constant: If a hero is to die, be it of old age or in combat, the player may then play on as the hero's next incarnation, or perhaps even the same hero reborn, memories and all(though that requires a bit of divine help). I'll take up to 5.
Co-GMs: While I'm pretty confident in my ability to keep the game organized/running as long as player interest remains(Though there might be the occasional hiatus due to school), I'm not much of a writer. I can plan events, keep things running, all that... but if anyone wants the awesome end-of-turn posts the last games had, I'll need some help. No NEED for one of these, but it would be nice to split up the work a bit. And would lead to more awesome narration.

2. Gods receive 5 starting acts, and 3 starting spheres. (one major sphere, two minor ones). Heroes meanwhile get 5 starting Heroics, and 3 specializations(Pretty much the same as spheres, just smaller scale. "fighting", "acrobatics", or "diplomacy" would count for example.)

3. The world is a bit more advanced this time around. This universe's overgod waited until mankind reached something resembling our middle ages before creating the other gods. On the first turn, each god gets to define a single fantastic creature or race that is part of the world, while the heroes may each define the nation their hero is from. (New nations/creatures may be formed after this. But that will take time and Acts. This is just to let everyone work together to give a quick sketch of what the world is like.)

God Template:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hero Template:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood: A New Land(OOC)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 05:33:23 pm »

Reserve, need to go.

Name: Carathun
Title: Lurker In the Deep/Quiet One/Great Teacher/Father of Squids
Description: A god of craftiness, intelligence, thought, forethought, and the sea. He is sneaky, crafty, and always thinks before acting. He likes people to be self-sufficient but will help when needed. Trusting Carathun can either be very smart or very stupid, depending on his current plan.
Major Sphere: Intelligence
Minor Spheres: Ocean, Industry.
Usual Appearance: A gigantic ocean-blue coloured octopus with more 16 tentacles. Three of these tentacles can be detached and assume the form of a mortal creature. He speaks slowly and always with a cracking sound.

Tentacle of Carathun: Recului Snik
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:00:13 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 05:47:09 pm »

God:

Name: Astra'ath
Title: The Madness Beyond, He Who Watches, The Devourer
Description: Astra'ath is madness and clarity. Astra'ath is the one who is many. Astra'ath is, and always will be.
Major Sphere: The Mind
Minor Spheres: Corruption, Forbidden Knowledge
Usual Appearance: Astra'ath most often appears to his followers as a seething mass of dark tentacles inset with 8 glowing tri-lobed yellow eyes.

Hero: TBD
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 06:42:35 pm by forsaken1111 »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 05:50:16 pm »

Name: Ardas
Title: The Archon, Lawbringer.
Description: God of Order, both natural and mortal, social hierarchy and law. Quite humourless and serious figure, although calm and inclined to forgive given particular circumstances. Always seeks stability of and fights with Chaos whenever he sees it.
Major Sphere: Order
Minor Spheres: Law, Stoicism.
Usual Appearance: A tall man in armor of burnished bronze and gold. Head is always covered up with a hood, face never visible under the hood.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 06:29:24 pm by Ardas »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 06:08:35 pm »

Name: Kain
Title: The Shield
Description: He shields his creations from pain. He will take vengeance and bring down upon those who harm his creations all of his power until they are nothing more than ash.
Major Sphere: Earth
Minor Spheres: Stone, Gems
Usual Appearance: A human , slightly taller than most , he carries with him a Bastard Sword at all time and wears the clothes of a peasant upon the sword written in the language of the gods is the phrase "I am Death and Fire"
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 06:13:37 pm by adwarf »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 06:09:13 pm »

Name: Othrelos
Title: Chaos, The Changer, The Revenant.
Description: Othrelos is the god of those who never seek to give in, never give up no matter how grim the circumstances. Othrelos is the one who those in need pray to as despair closes in around them. It is the bane of stagnation. It is the bane of reason. It is Chaos.
Major Sphere: Chaos
Minor Spheres: Creativity, Hope
Usual Appearance: A whirling mass of purple energy in a vague human form, one flaming red eye taking up most of the "Head".

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 06:15:00 pm »

Shouldn't the Heroes also have who their God is?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 06:17:09 pm »

Name: Midas Memorum
Title: Book-Father, Ink-Weaver, The Forever Known, The King of Pages
Description: As a Changling, he has many forms. His Favored forms include, however, The Serpent, The Moth, and the Ancient. He seeks only to gather knowledge, not to spread it, save for where dispensed it would multiply.
Major Sphere: Knowledge
Minor Spheres: Storage, Gathering, Libraries
Usual Appearance: As The Serpent, he takes the form of a long, glittering snake. As the Moth, a giant moth, grey of wing. As the Ancient, his most preffered of the three, he takes the form of a tree, only moving when he is not seen by any mortal or immortal eye. When their backs are turned, he moves silently, mysteriously. He may be picked from the surrounding brush by the face of wizened bark.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 06:22:10 pm »

Name: Time
Title: Master of Time
Description: Time is a being with complete control over all of time. This makes him a very major being, with control over the entire other half of the Time-Space Continuum. Other then that, he is a very sharp and witty man, and throughly intelligent. Time is also a strictly order aligned being, and does not like to change time for most occassions. Most.
Major Sphere: Time, and everything related to it.
Minor Spheres: Order (Mostly because bad shit would happen if he wasn't Orderly.)
Usual Appearance: A simple Victorian Gentleman in a Brown Striped Suit, normally holding a Pocket watch.

Awww yeahhhh.... I just TOTALLY fucking did that.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 06:27:14 pm »

Name: Time
Title: Master of Time
Description: Time is a being with complete control over all of time. This makes him a very major being, with control over the entire other half of the Time-Space Continuum. Other then that, he is a very sharp and witty man, and throughly intelligent. Time is also a strictly order aligned being, and does not like to change time for most occassions. Most.
Major Sphere: Time, and everything related to it.
Minor Spheres: Order (Mostly because bad shit would happen if he wasn't Orderly.)
Usual Appearance: A simple Victorian Gentleman in a Brown Striped Suit, normally holding a Pocket watch.

Awww yeahhhh.... I just TOTALLY fucking did that.

I'm gonna throw a little question mark over this. Isn't time a GM thing?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 06:32:02 pm »

Hey, awesome. This sort of thing. I like this sort of thing. Now, you got some nice neutral/villainous gods there. But where are the good gods? Oh, right. Here.

Name: Nora
Title: ---
Description: Nora embodies life. She makes it, she protects it, she nourishes it. Very much a card-carrying hero; good for the sake of being good. Will not stand for evil, in any form, and will use any (non-evil) measures necessary to rid the world of it.
Major Sphere: Life
Minor Spheres: Nature, Fire
Usual Appearance: Beautiful woman wreathed in flames.

I hate being nice, but, well, someone has to be, no?
Long Live United Forenia!

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 06:36:08 pm »

I'm gonna throw a little question mark over this. Isn't time a GM thing?

Its a godly aspect. Nowhere does it say I can't take it. And no one has taken it yet.

If your jealous, then you should have thought of it first.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 06:39:11 pm »

Reserving a spot, I'll make a sheet soon. And I'll be a hero, we'll need at least one.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 06:39:28 pm »

Not jealous. If i wanted it I would have taken it. But i think that time in itself is a bit iffy and OP thing to have as a power, unless you are able to play it properly.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 06:48:49 pm »

We could really use a God of War or a God of Death.. But nah, no one wants to play an Hero? Pff..

Hero

Name: Kinban Tinundi
Description: Kinban Tinundin is a male human in his late twenties. During his whole life he had to endure hardships- And he also saw how others had to endure even worse things. He was affected by these things and became a somewhat melancholic and cynic man. As soon as he was old enough he vowed not to be a slave to luck or fate anymore- No, he would take his fate in his own hands.
Specializations:
1. Inspiration
2. Scheming
3. Sorcery Or Knowledge (If magic has to be invented by a god first.)
Appearance: Average height and weight. Long brown hair; His face is clean shaven. One of his eyes is blue the other one almost pale. His skin is slightly tanned.

*If Heros also have one major and two minor specializations Inspiration will be my major one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19