Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: (Echo Bazaar RP - The Master's Thread) Welcome to the 'Neath, my Friend  (Read 2891 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the 'Neath, my Friend (An Echo Bazaar RP - The Master's Thread)
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 09:55:30 pm »

"Dylan Rider"
My family they are all dead their blood spilled in on our land by the hands of a killer, a Trader who saw us as a threat, and he still walks the land no charges on him, nor any questions asked. Well I will escape this prison, and I will find him, return the favor, and avenge my family, but it will be hard in this place for it lies in the grim light of lanterns, and everyone has their own goals to fulfill. I will survive, and I will hunt the one who has wronged my family, and make him suffer until he begs for death only then shall I give him the release of death. Thus, my revenge will be taken for I broke the man who slayed my family, and granted him one last wish.

Ambition: Take revenge on the Trader who killed my family.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 10:05:10 pm by adwarf »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 09:58:14 pm »

First of all Adwarf, there are no nobles in Fallen London and you can't really own land unless its something like a house. And Fallen London has been underground for a long time I believe, so you wouldn't remember London before the fall. And bats don't carry people away to my knowledge.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 10:01:17 pm »

They came during dozing hours. Eaten well, dozed hard. A time before the lot of us were awake. Rancid, foul garbage of men. Poured poison down the corridors, lit the escapeways on fire. Professionals, must've been, didn't let us know they were coming until it was to late. Had us running blindly through the alleys, herded us to where they wanted us. Waited with net and hammer hand axe. Murdered them all, bucketloads of family. I got lucky. Couldn't take the smoke, fell asleep in the corridor. Buckets must've been full when they broke through the roof, was tied to a stick by my tail when I awoke. Dead siblings around me. Had to bite my own tail-tip off to get loose. Wasn't ready to die. Nothing left of den or hoard, only broken bodies and stench of burning flesh. We were supposed to be safe there. They could've not known. Somebody must've tipped them off, told them about escapeways and watcheyes. For me, only one route left to run. Find traitor, bite his tail and throat off. Find killers, eat their eyes out. Regain honour.

Ambition: Find and take vengeance on the one's responsible for the slaughter of my home and family.

Pre-edit: Heh. This is not the first time adwarf have posted a character with roughly the same description/build just minutes before I was finished with mine. Weird.
Love, scriver~

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 10:03:06 pm »

First of all Adwarf, there are no nobles in Fallen London and you can't really own land unless its something like a house. And Fallen London has been underground for a long time I believe, so you wouldn't remember London before the fall. And bats don't carry people away to my knowledge.
Okay changing it now as for bats I was talking about dragging London

EDIT: There you go fixed, and Lol that is pretty funny scriver
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 10:05:33 pm by adwarf »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 10:48:47 pm »

And Fallen London has been underground for a long time I believe, so you wouldn't remember London before the fall. And bats don't carry people away to my knowledge.

Well, actually, it may be underground but there are still plenty of places above ground. Perhaps he could have followed the murderer here? Though killing someone down here is... tricky.

Good, Scriver!

Okay, you've got four special quirks:
"Friend of Vermin" (5) - You have connections among the Rattus Faber
"Vermin" - This quirk makes many people instinctively dislike you - but you have certain connections you can use as well.
"Slippery" (6) - You DO have a knack for finding your way into and out of places.
"Mortal" - Unlike the humans of the neath, death is a bit more permanent for you. You recover much more slowly from your wounds, and every full point of wound is permanent. Of course, "permenant" might be too strong a word...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:02:15 pm by GlyphGryph »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 10:49:44 pm »

And Fallen London has been underground for a long time I believe, so you wouldn't remember London before the fall. And bats don't carry people away to my knowledge.

Well, actually, it may be underground but there are still plenty of places above ground. Perhaps he could have followed the murderer here? Though killing someone down here is... tricky.
No, what I meant was in his original post he said "London was not what he remember it to be" which implied he was there before the fall.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 11:02:57 pm »

Ah. Though how long ago WAS it pulled under - I was under the impression it was only for a couple dozen years at best. Hmmm...

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2011, 11:05:35 pm »

Ah. Though how long ago WAS it pulled under - I was under the impression it was only for a couple dozen years at best. Hmmm...
Huh, I always thought it was like that for around 50 years. Enough so there's still a recollection of it, but most people who lived in the orignal london are probably dead.
Welcome to Reality.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Echo Bazaar RP - The Master's Thread) Welcome to the 'Neath, my Friend
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2011, 11:08:09 pm »

The dying doesn't /quite/ work the same way down here, does it? I was under the impression that getting older meant you'd eventually wind up as a bandaged man.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2011, 11:10:02 pm »

The dying doesn't /quite/ work the same way down here, does it? I was under the impression that getting older meant you'd eventually wind up as a bandaged man.
Huh, but you'd assume if it was only a few years then there'd be more people talking about how london was before the fall right?
Welcome to Reality.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2011, 11:13:58 pm »

Well, it is a violent place... and there are things that can kill you permanently... but no, now that you say it, 50 years does seem about right. Maybe he's 62, and has been harboring that hatred since he was 12 :P

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2011, 08:01:15 am »

'Theodore Horne'

Unrepentant thief, con-man and scoundrel extraordinaire, Theo has made a living fooling others out of their fortunes, taking on the role of a rich merchant, a simple peasant, the king of a distant land, and anything in between. His present name is just the latest in a long string of aliases.

Unfortunately, his latest con, trying to pass on as a devil with the aid of some cheap makeup, failed catasthropically, and he barely escaped their attentions with his skin intact - though into the arms of the Constables and New Newgate Prison, but it is much better than the alternative. Coming up with a new name and character, Theodore has decided to go straight for the big prize - conning himself into the Shuttered Palace and to an audience with the Traitor Empress.

Ambition: Con yourself into the Shuttered Palace and meet the Traitor Empress
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 11:10:31 am »

Little Note to encourage the other aspects of participation: The first three Adventures everybody submits will give their characters a 1 to 5 level boost in the major skill of their choice, depending on the quality of the adventure.

Remember, submitting an adventure also gives you the right to take on a special name in this thread and the role of a Master. There will be rules for politics, gaining levels, and such-like for the masters later on, so if you're interested in actually running the city, now is a good time to get an early lead. I'll try to flesh out that bit some more later.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 11:16:19 am »

These are to be PM'd, right? I'll try to think up some in a bit.

EDIT: First one done and PM'd.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 12:24:21 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 12:52:44 pm »

Got some high quality submissions so far, definitely worth some points for your characters - or, of course, you can save them to spend on other things later.

I've decided that Rather than applying them directly to your skills, I'm going to gift you with a "Fate" reward for your submissions. It can be spent directly on skills, it can be spent to unlock special adventures, or it can be spent to unlock special "Master" abilities... you don't know much about this yet, obviously, but let's just say things like being able to say "oh, by the way, this adventure is JUST FOR YOU and you can't turn it down" to someone else's character can be quite entertaining. I trust some of those submitted will be filled out a bit more than they are, and look forward to it.

Accepted adventures will be worth 1-3 Fate points. For the moment, however, any Beginner Level Adventures taking place in New Newgate will be worth double the fate.

A bit on mechanics:
Everyone can have up to 100 points in a skill. Each challenge in an Adventure can have a challenge rating of 1 to 100. Having a matching skill gives a 50% chance of success, and every level above or below the skill reduces or increases the success chance by 3%. So a character with a Shadowy 50 trying to sneak into a building with a difficulty of 45 will have a success chance of 65%. Someone with a shadowy of 65 will have a success of 100%. Some Adventures can have a chance of a "Super Special Success" - This starts at 10% (or whatever chance you want), and increases or decreases by 1% per level. So a character with Shadowy 65 attempting a 45 challenge would have a 30% of a Super Special Success.

Pages: 1 [2] 3