Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: (Echo Bazaar RP - The Master's Thread) Welcome to the 'Neath, my Friend  (Read 2890 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welcome, welcome my friends! I am Master GlyphGryph, though some simply call me Threads. Please, have a seat, let me retrieve you some tea, yes... you have heard of the newcomers, aren't you? Wonderful pieces they will be, I'm sure... but I dally! You probably want to know why I brought you here, my fellows, why I summoned you to this place. Well, worry not, there is a grand game we are going to play, and I'm sure you will find yourself enjoying the twists and turns, and perhaps adding a few of your own... while you are all invited to watch, I'm sure some of you are eager to get a bit more involved. No fear, there is certainly a place for you here! So let us raise our glasses, (First Sporing, a perfect toast for new beginnings), and I will explain how things are going to work...

So, I'm doing it. I'm making it happen. I'm going to try to start up an Echo Bazaar RP! But I'm not going to be doing it alone - I can't, I don't have the time with my other games, nor do I have the desire. Luckily, I've got a few things I've been wanting to try, and this is a wonderful opportunity. So here we go. Need Inspiration? Try the Wiki

The three ways to get involved:
Option 1: - Become A Master - Submit "adventure" ideas to me. These should be fairly short adventures, take less than an hour to play in IRC, at most. You can submit adventure chains, eventually, too, but we'll get to that later. By doing so, you earn the right to become a Master of the Bazaar - to be referred to as such when you post in this thread, to choose an appellation to go along with it, and to post special story bits in a colour of your own. All of us in this thread are technically masters, of course, and the RP here will mostly be limited to schemes and banter and rules discussions. We are all in a delightful conspiracy, so enjoy.

Option 2: - Become a Player of the Game - By which I mean, volunteer to host Story's for people. I'll be doing this as well, but I assure you hosts will always be needed. You DON'T need to host over IRC or chat, though thats preferred - you can host adventures through the forum message system as well.

Give me times, if needed, preferred method of communicating, etc. and so on. While familiarity with Echo Bazaar is obviously preferred for this role, it is by no means required - the Adventures should be well enough written to see you through, after all.

Option 3: - Sponsor a Piece in the Game - Ah, and now we come to the meat of it, truth be told. This is the players in the actual roleplaying bit. Create a character here, and then bring it over to the RP thread for some asynchronous roleplayer, and hook up with Players of the Game to experience the joy of Adventures. Thread RP will be generally rules-light, while the Adventures will be much stricter. I'll expound more on the rules here when I get the chance, but for now a brief overview. Rules have obviously been tweaked from the game to be more playable. Note well: You cannot, really, die in the 'neath. Not for good, anyways. You can, however, fade away if your ambition leaves you. However, there are consequences for failure, and they are best avoided.

Spoiler: Major Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Minor Stats/Quirks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Menaces: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)
There will be additional rules as well, but I'll add them later.

Suggestions, comments and ideas are all welcome!

Player of the Game Availability List:
GlyphGryph - CallMeMasterThreads@gmail.com
Available: Always by PM or e-mail, occassionaly available for instant session Wednesday-Sunday after 5pm EST. If you see me online at the above name, hit me up.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:06:14 pm by GlyphGryph »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

How sinfully delightful!

Count me in.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Can I play as a Rattus Faber gunsmith? ;D
Love, scriver~

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Hell yes, count me in with my Silver Tongued Brawler-type character.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For the moment, note that you guys will start as unknowns - while you may have the AMBITION to become a Rattus Faber gunsmith, perhaps even the best in the 'Neath, you'll start as a good-fer-nothing. (Though I don't mind you playing a Rattus Faber, make sure to stay in character!)

Rats, Clay Men, and Rubbery Men will all start with unique quirks. This will mostly make things harder for you, though, so keep that in mind. :P

Also, if anyone wants to discuss possible adventure ideas here, please do! Generating adventures and characters are the two main purposes of this thead, and I'd like to start off with one for each major stat at least.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Well, in my opinion the intro adventure could be a Jail Break similar to the one you do in the beginning of the game. Different way's to escape of course, and the player would have an actual reason for being in jail.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... might not be a bad idea. As the game progresses, new starter opportunities could be created for characters that DON'T have to start in jail, but it would let me get the story thread up and running immediately... sure, sounds good.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah. Then I'll totally be an unkown Rattus Faber garbage diver called... Something.

I'll think about adventures as well. Or rather, I'll try to keep it in mind while not thinking of it, otherwise my imagination won't flow and my creativity lock up.

edit: Of course, then I won't really be a Rattus Faber, will I.. More Like Rattus Mendicus. Or Rattus Aeruscator. That sounds much better.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 08:04:21 pm by scriver »
Love, scriver~

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Rattus Faber are simply the sapient rats - you don't have to be a gunsmith to be a Faber. :P

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

So do we have to post a summary of our character to start roleplaying?
Welcome to Reality.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the 'Neath, my Friend (An Echo Bazaar RP - The Master's Thread)
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 08:19:56 pm »

I'd recommend a summary, but it isn't required. A Name and Ambition, however, is.

My/Master Thread's Piece:

"Mikey O'Mally"
I've got a bone or two to pick what with the people's that run this place. No one throws Mikey O'Mally in prison and gets away with it, nosiree. Guard, guard! Who runs this joint, eh? ... No, not the prison, the city! The Masters? Hmmm... Oh god, stop hitting me, I'm sorry I bloody asked!
Ambition: Kill one of the Masters - an arm for an eye, right?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 08:25:03 pm by GlyphGryph »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 08:42:16 pm »

"Desmond White"
She's dying. The Doctors charged me everything I had, just to say they can't do anything and I'll have to learn to live without her. I disagree with that. So...I came down here, in the darkness, for her. See, I've heard of a thing-a certain drink, that grants eternal life. Isn't that just amazing? If I can just get a hold on it...whatever it takes. I'll buy it...steal it...kill for it...anything I need to do. I even hear you can sell your soul down here.
Ambition: Get a Bottle of Hesperidean Cider to save my Wife
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 08:45:55 pm »

Should've brought the wife, Desmond-Dwarmin.
Love, scriver~

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 08:49:44 pm »

"Briar Charleson"

My foolish brother ran off without a word to Fallen London after learning of the supposed "riches" one could make there. He was a thief almost his entire life, I was always the honest one out of the two. I followed him shortly after he left, thinking i'd catch up with him on the way there. I never did, and was forced to travel into Fallen London. It has been a few months now, and I am somewhat used to life in the Neath. But I have not given up searching, I know he is somewhere in this city and I will find him and bring him back to the surface with me.

Ambition: Finding his Brother.
Welcome to Reality.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 08:52:16 pm »

@Scriver: That's an unwelcome second option if he fails. Remember, If you die down in the 'neath, you can never return to the surface. It's not the most cheery of thoughts. :P

Pages: [1] 2 3